Winter Transfer Forum (WTF) - 2018/19

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by speker, Oct 11, 2018.

1. StiltonFC

StiltonFC He said to only look up -- Guster

Mar 18, 2007
    SoCal
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Mane, if he dies...

2. Red Bird

Red Bird Member+

Sep 30, 2003
    Oxford
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Don’t panic is all I’ll say. It’s just February.

3. SamScouse

SamScouse Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Toronto
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    nah, if that's the case PC would never have been given leeway to try from range so often. I think it's coz nobody in our MF has a good enough shot.

4. newterp

newterp Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 6, 2007
    North Potomac, MD
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Shaq does.

5. jeffcoop

jeffcoop BigSoccer Supporter

Jul 11, 2006
    Central Indiana
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Even if you were off by a couple of letters, and the fee was £1.70, I'd take it.

6. StiltonFC

StiltonFC He said to only look up -- Guster

Mar 18, 2007
    SoCal
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    In re: Markovic...The Reds are accepting a lo-ball bid because they want him off the books. He's worth more at 24. There's time to improve for him.

7. speker

speker Member+

May 16, 2009
    Canada
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Markovic was basically out of contract it would have expired in June then he would have walked away for free .

He was never really good for us ,probably not suited to premier league football, not his fault but rather just one of those signing mistakes . We'll see how he does at Fulham though I think his future is in a lower level of football.

newterp repped this.
  8. EruditeHobo

EruditeHobo Member+

Mar 29, 2007
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He's ideal for a midfield role in this new-ish 4-2-3-1, or 4-2-2, or whatever it's supposed to be. He is also cover at multiple other positions. Outside the box goal threat is exactly what LFC need.

If the price was right, he would be a great signing... but I don't believe they are really going to sell him at a discount 18 months in, so no reason for it to actually happen. Zero reason for LFC to give them their money back, that's for damn sure -- if they could get him for 60M I'd do it in a heartbeat.

9. zaqualung

zaqualung Member+

Jun 17, 2015
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Hah - He used to be young... ten years ago when he joined Liverpool!
    ;)

10. zaqualung

zaqualung Member+

Jun 17, 2015
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    I don't see him leaving barcelona, frankly. (And the price would certainly not be 60M if he was leaving!)

11. Wingtips1

Wingtips1 Member+

May 3, 2004
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Our midfield depth is being stretched now because we've added Hendo and Gini to the injured list and Milner isn't available to play there.
    For a game here or there, playing someone out of position is alright. But when you're counting on an out of position player to be good enough for a run of 8-10 games, that is when trouble happens. Especially when the CM's you're using are not used to the stress that playing LB/RB brings - it is a completely different fitness needed there.

speker repped this.
  12. Wingtips1

Wingtips1 Member+

May 3, 2004
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    That didn't happen...

13. usscouse

usscouse BigSoccer Supporter

May 3, 2002
    Orygun coast
    The start of the summer wish list.

Jurgen Klopp has already made moves to strengthen his Liverpool squad this summer by tabling a bid for Napoli forward Lorenzo Insigne.

The German is desperate to recruit the pacey 27-year-old forward as he looks to bolster his offensive options.

Liverpool are currently three points clear at the top of the Premier League but Klopp is aware that he must continue to improve his squad to maintain their progress.

Italian newspaper La Repubblica, via Sport Witness, are reporting that the Reds have launched a £61million offer for the Italian via his representative Mino Raiola.

Reports suggest the offer has been immediately rebuffed though by Napoli chief Aurelio De Laurentiis, who has told Liverpool to pay more than double their initial offer.

14. jeffcoop

jeffcoop BigSoccer Supporter

Jul 11, 2006
    Central Indiana
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I recommend reserving this excellent thread title for next year, when there might actually be something to talk about.

imasyko and delaynomo repped this.
  15. delaynomo

delaynomo Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
  16. delaynomo

delaynomo Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    speker repped this.