Winter is coming.....the transfer thread

Discussion in 'Borussia Dortmund' started by bvbSlash, Oct 19, 2017.

1. Alex C

Alex C Member+

Oct 27, 2015
    Chatham
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Is there any chance of Watzke being removed from his position any time soon?

Quigs repped this.
  2. TimBenneth

TimBenneth Member

Borussia Dortmund
    Uruguay
    May 10, 2017
    You know, I was wondering the same ... y bring a player in on loan, and that for 6 months. I am hoping there is clause in there that allows them to purchase him outright come the summer, should they so choose.

I think a lot of you will be surprtised by Batshuayi. Give it time ... I think he is a fantastic player.

3. Raumdeuter

Raumdeuter Member+

Jan 14, 2009
    Texas
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    And when he becomes fantastic, Chelsea take him back. Loans without first option to buy are pointless

Liquid1010 repped this.
  4. naopon

naopon Member+

Jan 2, 2007
    California
    Club:
    Kawasaki Frontale
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  5. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    You guys are joking right? First option means absolutelingly nothing. If MB wants to stay he will give Chelsea the finger. Of course, there are lots of other factors. The obvious being that Chelsea will pay him more, sideline Morata and Giroud to bring him back etc.

6. Dave46

Dave46 Member+

Nov 30, 2013
    Las Vegas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Armenia
    No.

7. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    So we are apparently looking at Jonathan Tah. The guy we should have purchased last year instead of Omer Topcrap. He has a release clause of €25M. We are front-runners. Him next to Akanji would be great.

Also with the PEA sale, we will break the €500M revenue mark this summer. About damn time we started acting like a club of that stature.

thisisthelife repped this.
  8. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    I heard about Tah's moderate release clause but didn't know whether we are going after him. In order to get him, it would surely help to finish ahead of Leverkusen and qualify for the CL. That would be a transfer from Leverkusen that would actually make sense for the mid-/longterm. Castro and Toprak were never transfers with the potential to make us better. They weren't even essential players for Leverkusen anymore.

9. Alex C

Alex C Member+

Oct 27, 2015
    Chatham
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    What will probably happen is Watzke will try and be cheap and offer below Tah's release clause, which will lead to him moving elsewhere and Dortmund signing some scrub or some inexperienced kid instead.

I hope I'm wrong and this summer is the one where the management show some balls and invest properly in order to rebuild a team capable of challenging for trophies. But I'm not holding my breath.

thisisthelife repped this.
  10. BVBFNM

BVBFNM Member+

Apr 3, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    #85 BVBFNM, Feb 4, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2018
    You have to be kidding Slash. We had a win at all costs mentality under Tuchel? In his first season he outright refused to challenge for domestic trophies because of Guardiola, and in the second season was constantly setting a low bar. I stand by my argument that we won the DFB-Pokal last season despite Tuchel, not because of him, plus we always had to put up with his fetishism for garbage like Castro whom he always picked ahead of Merino. Frankly I'm not sorry he's gone.

kbvb repped this.
  11. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    You're a fan of Schürrle and despise TT? Ok Quenton I'm done with you.

12. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Aki says there will be significant squad changes in the summer. Likely dependent on the Rückrunde. I hope by this he means the following players will be gone: Castro, Sahin, Schmelzer, Castro, Toprak, Rode, Schürrle and Castro.

If we get a better GK and a better RB then so be it but those aforementioned + Castro must be booted out.

13. naopon

naopon Member+

Jan 2, 2007
    California
    Club:
    Kawasaki Frontale
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Toprak has had his horror matches but on the whole he has been better than the others. At least he can pass the ball forward unlike Sokratis.

kbvb repped this.
  14. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Id rather have a CB who can defend set pieces but cannot move the ball forward than a CB with the reverse set of skills. We can always have Mo or Weigl drop deep to move the ball up the pitch. Toprak cannot keep it together for 90min straight.

15. Dr.Phil

Dr.Phil Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    987432462518190080 is not a valid tweet id

Not sure if you have a new transfer thread (on quick look I didnt see one) but if I am sure we can tag a mod to move it if we need