Winter is coming.....the transfer thread

Discussion in 'Borussia Dortmund' started by bvbSlash, Oct 19, 2017.

1. TimBenneth

TimBenneth Member

Borussia Dortmund
    Uruguay
    May 10, 2017
    Yes, I agree. It's hard to seE Naglesman staying should a Bayern or Real or some of the Premier League teams come calling. I was never sold on Tuchel, but I suppose that is just a difference of opinion. I think right now, even though things seem to be a mess, the skeleton of a young team that can accomplish things is still there. And with the right coach ... well ...
    But, yeah ... strange times.

MtnGardener and Quigs repped this.
  2. Dave46

Dave46 Member+

Nov 30, 2013
    Las Vegas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Armenia
    Dunno what to say about Auba transfer. If he goes, we will miss top 4 and lose in EL. He needs to stay till summer.

3. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Kicker reports that we got Sergio Gomez from Barcelona. A 17 year old talent for the offensive or central midfield. He's expected to join the youth team until summer.
    I don't know him, so nothing against him, but we really seem to be crazy for offensive midfield talents.

4. Liquid1010

Liquid1010 Member+

Sep 5, 2009
    Canada
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    That should solve our problems! At this rate we may just field an entire squad under 20 along with Sahin.

This is the most frustrated I have ever been as a fan of this club.

Rumor is that we are going after Modeste (total desperation)..... and that Weigl is eyeing an exit.

Dave46 repped this.
  5. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Yes, Kicker mentioned the Modeste connection as well. They think an agreement for Auba has been found at 63 million with a loan for Giroud included for that sum. But he prefers another destination. So the alternatives seem to be Batshuayi on loan or something in the range of 30 million for an almost 30 year old Modeste which would be insane.

6. Arlo

Arlo Member

Nov 9, 2005
    Dublin, Ireland
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    by now hes smart enough to see that this club is going nowhere but backwards with watzke in front driving seat, cant blame him if he wants to jump ship before its too late

7. Alex C

Alex C Member+

Oct 27, 2015
    Chatham
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Auba out, Modeste in? No wonder Weigl wants out. It's ok if he goes though, the club still has the midfield talents of Castro, Rode and Sahin to call on.....

Giroud on loan would be even worse though, especially as he is inelligible to play in the Europa League. Or have the club given up on trying to win that too?

At this rate BVB are heading for midtable. And then staying there. An amazingly inept job by the management.

8. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I wish Julian Weigl and Christian Pulisic nothing but the best. He deserves a better club than BVB. And in hindsight the same for Mats Hummels and Ilkay Gundogan and they made the right decisions. I would say Marco Reus should not re-sign with the club. It would be a big mistake for such a talented player.

Our squad, fans etc. are the least of our problems now. That virus Watzke needs to be booted out. Until that happens, I find it hard to lay the blame at anybody's feet that is a player or below management level at the club. This includes PEA for wanting to leave now or Dembele for leaving in the summer.

9. Dave46

Dave46 Member+

Nov 30, 2013
    Las Vegas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Armenia
    Pretty sad state of affairs.

10. Arlo

Arlo Member

Nov 9, 2005
    Dublin, Ireland
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Auba and family spotted in airport, guess hes gone then

11. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Looks like €50M is all we get.

12. Dave46

Dave46 Member+

Nov 30, 2013
    Las Vegas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Armenia
    I thought it's 65?

13. thisisthelife

thisisthelife Member

Nov 1, 2015
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Bulgaria
    Sad day. But with Watzke in the club I am still astounded that we got 50M. And then we wonder why Weigl, Sokratis and Pulisic want out. With this management we will be the next Werder or HSV.

eaglespark repped this.
  14. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Marc Bartra signed for Real Betis. I can't say I am disappointed to see him gone. He is going to play at a club more in-line with his skillset and capabilities. Now for Schmelzer to join him and for Castro and Sahin to go play in the 2nd league in Romania.

thisisthelife repped this.
  15. eaglespark

eaglespark Member+

Apr 9, 2015
    Club:
    Crystal Palace FC
    It's a very worrying situation. I can't see Reus staying and the squad looks distinctly average. At the same time it further shows the decline of the Bundesliga. 2/3 of last years top goal scrorers are gone.

Leverkusen, Leipzig and Schalke are better teams.

I wish Auba all the best. He did his best for the clubs and scored lots of goals. Like Gundogan to an extent, Hummels and Lewandowski I expect him to be a great success.

16. thisisthelife

thisisthelife Member

Nov 1, 2015
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Bulgaria
    Just thinking how much deadwood there is in the squad is making my head explode - Weidenfeller, Sahin, Yarmolenko, Rode, Schurrle, LP, Castro, Schmelzer, Durm, Toprak. That is almost an entire squad by itself. Some of these guys belong to 2. Bundesliga teams or weaker sides and we expect them to push for top 4 in the 1. Bundesliga. Madness... This is the result of our awful transfer dealings - the club is fielding these wannabes alongside quality like Pulisic, Auba, Sokratis, Weigl and Reus. There really is no incentive for the latter pack to stay if you also add in Watzke and his completely stupid and outdated wage structure. I just hope that this summer we will get that needed overhaul and we will be rid of the major evil in this club - Watzke. RB Leipzig, Leverkusen and even Schalke have overtaken us while the buffoon in management hoards money to build a better tomorrow. Pathetic....

bvbSlash repped this.
  17. naopon

naopon Member+

Jan 2, 2007
    California
    Club:
    Kawasaki Frontale
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sergio Gomez (in) and Bartra (to Betis) are official.

18. Arlo

Arlo Member

Nov 9, 2005
    Dublin, Ireland
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    its official, auba to arsenal for club record 60 mil pounds....
    watzke is doing his absolute best to make sure we dont reach that top 4 spot. we held on to lewy till end of his contract, but cant hold on to auba for 6 more months with his contract due in 2021 when we r struggling for 4th? i cant belive nobodys doing anything about watzke, local supporters r very quiet about it, no banners during games nothing. whats it gonna take to get rid of this cancer?

Quigs repped this.
  19. funkadellik

funkadellik Member

Oct 4, 2015
    IMG_3443.JPG

Its happening!!

Dave46 and Liquid1010 repped this.
  20. Alex C

Alex C Member+

Oct 27, 2015
    Chatham
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    So Auba leaves for a fairly average fee, given the current market prices, and is replaced by an average striker on loan,

How/why is this a good deal for Dortmund?

Quigs repped this.
  21. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    It's not a great deal but options are running out if a player wants to move and is acting unprofessionally. Any amount of money we would have possibly gotten less in the summer (if at all) doesn't compare to the costs of not playing in the CL. So it's clear that the club saw more benefits in parting ways with him now.

It's quite sad when you think back to the kind of proven talent the team had when it reached the CL final. Now it looks more like a bet on the potential of young players. I hope the club starts to get more things right than wrong again.

22. Arlo

Arlo Member

Nov 9, 2005
    Dublin, Ireland
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    im sure watzke could give u several good reasons

23. Alex C

Alex C Member+

Oct 27, 2015
    Chatham
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    But Batshuayi will not fire the club into the CL, he is still young and learning but is nowhere near Auba's level.

This loan will benefit him and Chelsea but not Dortmund. Arsenal get an elite striker for a reasonable price, Chelsea get a solid back up for Morata for a reasonable price (Giroud), and Dortmund get an average player on loan, who will leave in the summer.

Why are Dortmund acting like a doormat?

Quigs repped this.
  24. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Its CEO IS a doormat.

Alex C, Quigs and thisisthelife repped this.
  25. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Clubs like City, PSG, Madrid and Barcelona. To a great extent, even Bayern and Juventus have this win at all cost mentality. It is internalised in their management and is exuded onto the players on the pitch. We had that with Jürgen Klopp (apart from his last couple of seasons) and then again under Thomas Tuchel. Apart from that it has never existed because Aki Watzke does not exhibit those qualities one bit.