Winter is Coming... The January Transfer Thread

Discussion in 'Juventus' started by Dante, Sep 30, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes, yes, it's that time of year again, when teams and more importantly the fans, start talking about what will happen in January.

This is the place folks.

2. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #2 Dante, Sep 30, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2016
    Not really a move, but one to protect a move... Juventus are prepared to offer Paulo Dybala a new contract until 2021. His salary will be increased from €3m to €5 million a year.

Man City have sent a scout to watch Kean vs Dinamo. Juve are waiting on Raiola to resolve the issue of Moise's professional contract. Kean's family wants him to sign with Juventus. The Bianconeri are willing to offer Moise a big contract for his age. BUT, Juve are not willing to pay any commission to Raiola.

Former Juve GK Stefano Tacconi: "Donnarumma? I think he'll join Juve. I think it's already done. You will see him at Juve in a year or two." There's been a lot of chatter about Juve making a move for him in the future.

PSG are reportedly interested in signing Mandzukic over the winter break.

Reports are that Juve are trying to bring Witsel in during the January window and if they can't work out a deal they will just sign him for free for next season.

3. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006
    I read somewhere that West Ham wants to return Zaza early. If that is true, then perhaps trading Mandzu for Matuidi could make some sense.

4. Baggionero

Baggionero Member+

Apr 23, 2015
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Good news on Kean. Family influence > Agent influence at a young age in my opinion. Juve clearly don't want to mess around with Raiola trying to make money again.

St. Michael's Sword repped this.
  5. Italy-Azzurri-Fan

Nov 15, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    No, I really want to keep Mandzukic, he still has stuff to offer for this team, and his heading and finishing can be deadly at times. In the UCL he can really terrorize teams, and I think he is really happy here.

6. Italy-Azzurri-Fan

Nov 15, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Donnarumma should join Juventus after the 2018 world cup when Buffon retires. We really need him.

7. St. Michael's Sword

Mar 7, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    It's be better off they overlap a year or two so the old guy can help teach and shape the newbie. Sign him up this summer.

Swap Mario for Matuidi, bring back Zaza. That's really what should have happened this summer. Maybe promote Keane if he signs up. We eventually need to consolidate midfield by getting rid of Hernanes/Asa for a more attacking CM. That'd be more something for next summer though. All good rumors ffar

8. Italy-Azzurri-Fan

Nov 15, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    If we could sign Donnarumma this summer then yeah. I just realized he was a year older than I thought, because we can't sign players under 18.

Even if we get Matuidi I am not enthusiastic of selling Mandzukic for Zaza. Zaza is ok, but inconsistent, and I honestly think Mandzukic still has stuff to offer especially in Europe.

9. Baggionero

Baggionero Member+

Apr 23, 2015
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    So, this doesn't pertain to this window but, I can't help but notice how increasingly obvious it is that Verratti will join us.

The basic knowledge -> He was obsessed with Juve as a child, particularly with ADP, watched our games religiously, still follows our games to this day and his whole family are Juventino's who also follow our games still.

Recently, he said that IF he left PSG, he wants to return to Italy.

Today? His agent came out and said it's very unlikely he stays his whole career in PSG.

Juve get better and richer with each passing season. Can't help but think a deep CL run, if possibly a win would spell the end of Verratti in Paris.

10. St. Michael's Sword

Mar 7, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Only problem is he just signed a contract extension till 2020 or something. He's not going to be cheap.

11. Baggionero

Baggionero Member+

Apr 23, 2015
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    We would have the money. With Roma bowing out of the CL, a semi finals birth nets us close to 100 million. That's more than finalists make. If we won the finals, we make north of 140.

12. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Tuttosport is claiming that Morata could return in January

13. OldLady

OldLady Member+

Sep 8, 2011
    Berlin
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Marotta: 'No to Morata and Brozovic'
    By Football Italia staff

Beppe Marotta denied Juventus will attempt to sign Marcelo Brozovic or Alvaro Morata. “There’s nothing concrete.”

The director general spoke to Mediaset Premium ahead of today’s Serie A match with Empoli.

“Empoli have nothing to lose and today will be extra motivated, but we know our destiny depends solely on our own performance,” said Marotta.

Tuttosport’s front page today suggests Juve will try to bring Morata back, as he is struggling for playing time at Real Madrid.

“We remember him with affection and are still very fond of him, but at the moment there is nothing concrete.”

How about Inter midfielder Brozovic, who was a known target over the summer and has since been dropped by the Nerazzurri?

“He is an Inter player and I expect they will hold on tight to him, so I really doubt it’s a move we could complete.”

With injuries piling up, does Marotta regret not signing Blaise Matuidi from Paris Saint-Germain?

“At times it is not possible to reach certain objectives, but if we don’t get them that isn’t a defeat. PSG decided not to sell, it’s not that we were lacking in experience for this deal.”

14. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Highly doubt that, that ship has sailed.

15. Daei_10

Daei_10 Member+

Aug 22, 2007
    LA, California
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    our strike force is good as is, we dont need morata or zaza back

I would sell Hernanes and Asamoah if we can and land a quality box to box mid. No Matuidi...i rather not deal with Raiola.

16. IcEWoLF

IcEWoLF Member+

Juventus
    Jul 15, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    At this point I don't want Morata back, we got Pjaca in here, who I think its far superior than Morata.
    I'd like to see Donnarumma here at Juve and I think the youngster would want to play for us. Damn I didn't know he was this young either....Born in 1999.

As far as the midfield goes, Witsel is a must, I wouldn't bother for Matuidi with all the drama that surrounded this last transfer with PSG...******** PSG.

I hope we are able to get rid of Asamoah soon.

Bringing back Zaza would make me happy...

17. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006
    Anyone who wouldn't take Marota back is crazy IMHO.

18. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006
    Pjaca is talented but he does need to improve his finishing.

If you have his skills PLUS Morata's finishing ability he would be world class.

19. Daei_10

Daei_10 Member+

Aug 22, 2007
    LA, California
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    he wont be starter and i rather give Pjaca chances and possibly another new comer, maybe Moises Kean? although im not too happy about fat man being his agent

20. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Marotta: "Bentancur? He's an interesting young talent who we've blocked by preferential rights & we're very likely to exercise the option... I think he will join us next season."

Marotta: "Witsel? Because his contract expires in 2017. He's suitable profile for our team. We will try to sign him in January. But if we failed to sign Axel in January, then we could sign him later on. His expiring contract puts us in a favorable position."

juveeer repped this.
  21. Daei_10

Daei_10 Member+

Aug 22, 2007
    LA, California
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    sign Bentacur and send him to Sassuolo to get training

22. IcEWoLF

IcEWoLF Member+

Juventus
    Jul 15, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This exactly, Morata will be frustrated by sitting on the bench.

Higuain and Dybala are going to take up the starting two spots and Mario and Pjaca taking the backseat for now and looks like we going to get Zaza back soon. That means we have less room for Morata if he wants significant playing time then he won't see that until he proves that he is better than Higuain since Dybala is too crucial with assists.

23. calabrese8

calabrese8 Member+

Feb 9, 2008
    Vancouver
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    too bad for Morata.. shouldn't have turned your back on the old lady

i know he got recalled but he could have demanded to stay

24. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not that tired argument again.

If Morata came back, I could see Mandzukic leaving.

juveeer repped this.
  25. phat

phat Viking

Feb 13, 2006
    Montreal
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Morata scores in big games. We would have the best strike force in the world with Higuain, Dybala, Pjaca and Morata... it would be insane but it won't happen. Although I rate Mandzukic, in any scenario if PSG is going to pay decent money then Juve will sell him. If West Ham don't want Zaza, there's no issue IMO, he can be very useful and/or sold to one of several clubs in Italy.

I can't see Milan selling Donnarumma at any point... unless for a record breaking fee and even at that the new Chinese owners will not sell IMO.

I'm surprised there's no James rumors. :D

I really hope this Moises Kean is worth the hassles.

Finally I believe the Witsel deal is pretty much a lock and most likely free.

juveeer repped this.