Alert: wings wave game Mooning incident

Discussion in 'Pro Indoor Soccer' started by cardshopmd, Jan 27, 2012.

1. cardshopmd

cardshopmd Member

Sep 9, 2008
    Baltimore
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I did not see the game but the twitter and faceebook pages are all lit up today about Marcio Leiete Mooned the fans in the 3rd quarter and how bad the misl refs were last night if this is true he needs to be suspended no matter what the case is this is just uncalled for if you guys know the real story please let us in on the truth

2. Wave Fan

Wave Fan Member

Feb 18, 2011
    Club:
    Charlotte Eagles
    From what I've read it was actually Marco Terminesi that did the mooning not Marcio. I'd love to head the story as well, because all I've heard is the Wings fans side of it. I want to hear an impartial viewers description of what happened. Every impartial written account only talks about it as being an altercation with a Wings player getting ejected.

3. cardshopmd

cardshopmd Member

Sep 9, 2008
    Baltimore
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    this is why all misl games need to be taped because if this is the case who ever did it should be suspended for the entire season

4. Wave Fan

Wave Fan Member

Feb 18, 2011
    Club:
    Charlotte Eagles
    Over a mooning?!?! Geez, it's not like he punched a fan or anything. Although from accounts they had a lot of things thrown at them.

5. wsls9999

wsls9999 Member

Aug 15, 2006
    Salisbury, MD
    Let the blood flow, it might sell more tickets!

6. IndoorSoccerNews

Nov 28, 2010
    Maryland
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The MISL has reached an all time new low. Anyone want to take bets as to when the league and all its owners are just going to throw in the towel?

There are some good refs in this league. Problem is they are racked up in watching if a player steps inside the three point line to shoot a shot or whether a goalkeeper takes one foot outside of the new box. The MISL spells those rules out to a 't.' They should really just go back to the basics, the game nowadays is too complicated. That's when this sport was fun to watch and in its heyday.

7. kenntomasch

kenntomasch Member+

Sep 2, 1999
    Out West
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What, over this?

Because a player may have mooned people? In a game on a Thursday night in front of 2,000 fans in Wichita? Or because there was bad officiating? Really? You think this is the tipping point? Oh, Lord.

I agree with you on simplifying the game, but this sport was a lot of fun to watch and in its heyday when they had really skillful players. Those players no longer play indoor. You could be as complicated as you like if you had Preki and Tatu and Zungul.

8. skipper60601

skipper60601 Member

Aug 12, 2005
    Club:
    Hibernian FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Is this what the alleged mooning incident looked like?

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWwb056Hf2I"]Timelapse Moonrise over Wichita KS, 7-17-2008, HD Version - YouTube[/ame]

9. jgoethe

jgoethe Member

Feb 17, 2011
    Club:
    Bristol City FC
    I was there, and in the section behind the Wave bench. It was Terminesi. It was also fairly discreet and most of us who saw it just got a laugh out of it.

Hard to put myself in Marco's head as to why he would do such a thing. Doesn't really matter to me. I was in a fraternity in college. Some of us did things I'm sure if we thought about them, we probably wish we hadn't. I tend to think this incident will fall into the same bucket.

It was an ugly game all around. Neither team really played that well. The officiating was typical MISL. To put all of that into context, once the Wings went on the 6th attacker, they only had one or two shots on goal in the last 2:30 of the game. Wave outplayed them, plain and simple. Yeah it was an ugly game. Ron and Ermanno had their hands full, but they weren't the reason for the outcome.

In total goals, the Wave won 8-5. MPS score was 16-13.

10. jgoethe

jgoethe Member

Feb 17, 2011
    Club:
    Bristol City FC
    Oh... and you guys might find some humor in the irony here...

The Wings search everyone for weapons and knives as they enter the arena. Last night, they gave us all "trading cards" which was basically a set of player cards that had a rubber band around them. As a collector, I hated the idea of having a rubber band around a set of cards, but at the same time, I couldn't help but laugh that they gave the fans 1000 weapons.

Some idiot fans behind the wings bench threw some water bottles onto the pitch. Not impressive at all. That's what I saw... I'm sure it possible other things were tossed other places.

Time for tempers (both on the pitch and in the seats) to cool and get back to the business of playing the game and enjoying the rest of the season.

11. The Stever

The Stever Member

Dec 4, 2003
    Please tell me that this game wasn't promoted as Scout Night (no, that is not the new salute!) or Church Night... (why do we even bother to try to sell group tickets?)

12. Wave Fan

Wave Fan Member

Feb 18, 2011
    Club:
    Charlotte Eagles
    I must commend you, you're the first person I've seen who hasn't acted like Marco's mooning was the equivalent of pulling out an AK-47 and wiping out an entire section. Christ, it's a butt, who here hasn't mooned someone when they were younger? It's inappropriate and juvenile, but let's not act like he hit a fan or anything. Besides, my wife was jealous that he did it on the road where there's no cameras rather than at the Cell where she could have seen it.

I like the Wings, at first because they were a common opponent to the Comets so I rooted for them to take 2nd in the division, but now moreso because I've gotten a chance to talk to some of the players and coaches. I like the organization, but the ugliness on the field between these teams needs to stop and it's the ref's damn job to do it. Hopefully when these two teams take the field again at the Cell the refs will run a much cleaner game.

13. cardshopmd

cardshopmd Member

Sep 9, 2008
    Baltimore
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was on facebook talking to several of the wave players in a thread and the waves front office made all the players remove their post about

14. Wave Fan

Wave Fan Member

Feb 18, 2011
    Club:
    Charlotte Eagles
    No different than an NFL player talking about an incident on twitter and pulling down his tweets. The best way to handle a situation like that is not to say anything, risking a war of words would only make the situation worse.

15. jgoethe

jgoethe Member

Feb 17, 2011
    Club:
    Bristol City FC
    I realized I didn't really describe what happened on the Terminesi moon...

In the after 3rd quarter break, as the teams went to the benches, I noticed Marco had untucked his shirt and pulled the shirttail completely out of his shorts. While the team huddled up, Marco had his back to the crowd and was obviously adjusting his shorts. With a little more than a minute to go in the break, all of a sudden, he pulls his shirt tail up and there's his backside, back of the shorts pulled down. He left it like that for about 30 seconds, then dropped the shirt tail, pulled his shorts back up and tucked the shirt tail back in.

I wouldn't be surprised if nobody on his own team knew it was happening. The reaction of the few fans around me was "Wow... haven't seen that before!" followed by a little chuckle. I wasn't thinking quickly enough, else I might have snapped a photo with my phone.

16. IndoorSoccerNews

Nov 28, 2010
    Maryland
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Do I get an all of the above option?:D

17. kenntomasch

kenntomasch Member+

Sep 2, 1999
    Out West
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If they haven't cashed in their chips by now, after all indoor has been through, a player could go Full Monty and it wouldn't do it.

18. jgoethe

jgoethe Member

Feb 17, 2011
    Club:
    Bristol City FC
    Going Full Monty might actually boost attendance if marketed well!