Wilmar Barrios -news and comments

Discussion in 'Colombians Abroad' started by pepinointer, Aug 23, 2016.

1. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    They want too much for Cardona and unless a EPL team goes for him he will go to Mexico. Also with only 3 NT games to go and him being a sub. That seems unlikely. I would like for him to go to America of Mexico and get perfect chemistry with Uribe.

2. kromekote

kromekote Member+

May 22, 2012
    Club:
    America de Cali
    America (Mex) is full of egos and I think toxic. His style of play would be welcomed at many clubs but his ups and downs will be questioned wherever he goes. I actually prefer for him to go somewhere that's 'not comfortable'. Where the press wont care as much about him but where he has to manage a different culture and futbol regimen. EPL midtable team would be fine. But Serie A or Liga midtable team would be great as well.
    He needs to readjust his salary expectations and find a way out. He's only 25 so he has plenty futbol to give.

3. Baal88

Baal88 Member+

May 10, 2008
    Medellin
    Club:
    Independiente Medellin
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Nope. Soon he will be in China or the middle east.

jay luis and pepinointer repped this.
  4. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Mexican team want 8 million so doubt any Spanish or Italian teams can afford him that’s why I said EPL.

Cardona especially with his discipline is a mid table team player or below and the ones in those leagues are all poor. Tho would love him at Parma.

5. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Until when he has contract????

i still have hopes that can be determinant in libertadores.....but in the other side i also want that quintero and borre win the cup with river..........and wont be bad if palmeiras eliminate boca with borjas goals

6. kromekote

kromekote Member+

May 22, 2012
    Club:
    America de Cali
    end of year for Boca for the option and 2020 with Monterrey.

7. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    If i would be Cardona i would wait to be free......then he would move to italy or spain........

kromekote repped this.
  8. kromekote

kromekote Member+

May 22, 2012
    Club:
    America de Cali
    he doesnt strike me as a guy with lots of patience...2 years is too long in his world. The way he refused to go to Pachuca I don't see him being so keen on staying in Mexico for any other team other than Monterrey.

9. Doogs

Doogs Member+

Dec 11, 2010
    Miami
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I don't think he really cares personally, he turned them down because Boca came along.

10. jay luis

jay luis Member+

Sep 14, 2013
    Corona, Nyc
    Club:
    Deportivo Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Crack.

Azucarero and pepinointer repped this.
  11. pibe10

pibe10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Petach Tikva, Israel
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Seems like Barrios to Tottenham on January for 23M euro is a done deal...

12. Furnaccio

Furnaccio Member+

Feb 19, 2008
    New York, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    pibe10 repped this.
  13. Doogs

Doogs Member+

Dec 11, 2010
    Miami
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    it wouldn't. Especially right now with all the madness going on.

Furnaccio repped this.
  14. villus

villus Member+

Jun 5, 2008
    Barrios is rumored to be on Madrid's radar. First off this should solidify that Barrios vs Sanchez even being a debate leading up to and during the world cup was down to Pekerman relying on his old guard too much, secondly don't want him to go and be Casemiro's back up.

15. kromekote

kromekote Member+

May 22, 2012
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Let's not make it seem like Barrios was tearing up for the NT either. He's been incredibly consistent with Boca and has been a rock in his position but the issue wasnt as much Barrios or even Roca for that matter. The issue had to with pairing 2 destroying CMF that only took space from each other. As for RM, agreed, Casemiro isnt going anywhere.

jay luis repped this.
  16. villus

villus Member+

Jun 5, 2008
    As Barrios and JFQ showed class comes through whether on the NT or in club, the game is the same and those two were crushing it for their clubs. The issue wasn't playing them both, Pekerman started Sanchez over Barrios in the first game and its pretty apparent that Barrios was second choice until he was thrust into playing by Sanchez's mistake.

17. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    He wasnt used in a proper way.. before the world cup...always near sanchez...how would tear up if it he wasnt used or used in bad way..

And sanchez last season was atrpcious...but two months in espanyol

18. kromekote

kromekote Member+

May 22, 2012
    Club:
    America de Cali
    I did say pairing them up didnt make sense. As it relates to that 1st WC match Carlos is ultimately the one that has been fingered as the only guy? Not Mojica or Izzy playing awful on that wing, not the fact that Murillo was completely off his line, not the fact that Davidson let someone else much smaller bump him off the ball, not the fact that Ospina's deflection landed in a Japan's attacker feet. And no, he was not atrocious for the NT. He was benched for club so we can agree that he shouldnt have been called during that time. We can also all be in agreement that attacking distribution shouldnt come from Carolos feet but he was the guy that pretty much always showed up to play unlike so many others (James, Cuadrado, Cardona, Jeison, etc), -some of these guys made more mistakes on and off the field that cost us points. And it didnt help Barrios to be in the middle of that 'woman being hit' scandal, prior to the WC. That's not attention Pekerman likes. Maybe Bolillo wouldnt care but I guarantee you Pekerman could not have been happy with this 6 months before kick-off.

you guys make it sound as if with Barrios we would have won the WC.

Furnaccio repped this.
  19. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

I wont answer all that mixed feelings you have about japan game and what ignorant people started to react...actually for me davinson was the one the ********ed up

My opinion regarding sanchez and barrios is prior and before that match that traumatized you. Isnt a topic of finger or not

1. Sanchez after 2014...only had a really good season after (2016-2017) and he was cb in a lot of matches....his 2017 -2018 started terrible no minutes almost since august to january...two good first months in espanyol then average and at the end they decided not to buy him...

2. In nt imho sanchez especially since matches agisnt venezuela he was underperformng..slow making bloopers that at the end didnt fimish in goal so we dont remember....but for me and i know that pther posters here agrees for examople @J-Mezzy that he wasnt playing good...and please he isnt james he isnt ospina...that we have to use him despite underperforming...

3. Barrios have been in top level since march 2017....and in top is top.....he deserved a proper chance and pekerman has responsability in insist in a sanchez with very bad level

4. And as answer to your nonsense
    "With barrio we would have won the world cup" .....luckily barrios played almost the same minutes that sanchez....and he played better than him....not making 2 pks in a wc

J-Mezzy repped this.
  20. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Carlitos had his good moments with the NT, but I would say that since 2015, he hurt the team more than he helped. Our worst games almost always featured him. We had our best showings without him both in CA 16, the qualifiers, and the WC. He is simply a liability due to how limited he is as a midfielder. The opponents simply press and force him to pass backwards or make a mistake on the ball. Having on the field made us predictable, especially since we didn't have a number 8 until we found Uribe.

I respect Carlos, his heart, his professionalism, but he simply is not a player in today's futbol where even the enforcer in the midfield is expected to contribute offensively.

villus, jay luis and pepinointer repped this.
  21. jay luis

jay luis Member+

Sep 14, 2013
    Corona, Nyc
    Club:
    Deportivo Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    My thoughts exactly.

pepinointer repped this.
  22. krass

krass Member+

Aug 18, 2008
    I
    I'd like to see im play in Madrid

23. kromekote

kromekote Member+

May 22, 2012
    Club:
    America de Cali
    I agree with a lot of this with the exception that we had our best showings in CA2016 and a 3 year qualifiers without him. Sorry, Barrios in WCQ vs Argentina was a stinker. And Pekerman couldnt find an offensive link up and our transition was poor overall. Let's be fair that 2015-2017 was difficult to watch for our NT and that's on our coach imo.

Furnaccio repped this.
  24. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    #199 pepinointer, Oct 28, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2018
    big lack of evidence........

please explain me how that with him we have the best showing in ca2016 with him:

we played 6 matches in that tournament....we won 3 WITHOUT SANCHEZ ..........and the other 3 Sanchez played we lost 2 and draw 1 ..........dont know that our better showings are when we lose.....

these details just show that there is a big myth about him of "big showings" and people just attribute participations to him............in that tounrament the team showed better with torres and sebas perez that with him........at least as a collective.

i think is out of discussion to say that we had better matches without him in this torunamen....the evidence is clear.............denied it is an example of how "idealized" is this player...that people even noticed when he is in the field..

for wcq:

agaisnt argentina.............barrio splayed along sanchez and daniel torres....3 played stinked....not necesary to scaping goat barrios.........

In the other side sanchez was absent in some of our best matces in wcq.......chile in santiago, bolivia in la paz and ecuador in barranquilla........yeah he played in other good like quito one........

Isnt to fingered out him.................but there is a lot of his "hype" that attribute him achievements and participations when he wasnt...........

even in wc 2014 the best matches were with valencia not with him........but the myth is that he was as pivotal as falcao, james and ospina........when he wasnt agsint urguay, chile, paraguay wins..

yeah he had a lot of good presentations in the past.........and have been an importan player in the group............ bu a big myht have been created towards him........even when is lke the only player of this generations that havent won anything collective or individual...............

J-Mezzy repped this.
  25. villus

villus Member+

Jun 5, 2008
    I'd be happy to see him there if he's playing, I just wouldn't want another one of our young talents sitting the bench there, especially considering Casemiro is only 26 and is nailed on. I'm always happy to see our players go to the big stage but I also think they should think about their prospects of playing in the big games.

Furnaccio repped this.