William Paul Yarbrough the Next USA Goalkeeper

Discussion in 'USA Men' started by USAsoccer1, Dec 17, 2013.

1. YankBastard

YankBastard Na Na Na Na NANANANAAA!

Jun 18, 2005
    Estados Unidos
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'd like to see him playing for Chivas then. :cool:

superdave repped this.
  2. ceezmad

ceezmad Member+

Mar 4, 2010
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If he switched from the US team to the Mex team, Chivas would have no problem playing him, They wanted Nery Castillo a few years back, and he spent even less time in Mexico than this kid.

3. Chiquitibum

Chiquitibum Member+

Apr 4, 2004
    Norte
    Club:
    Pumas UNAM
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    level of quality is a huge diff b/w Nery and Yarbro, though.

and we see where Nery is now...

4. Clint Eastwood

Clint Eastwood Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Where is Nery now? Rocking chair?

5. Mario Balotelli

Mario Balotelli Member+

United States
    Feb 28, 2012
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    BostonRed and Sebsasour repped this.
  6. YankBastard

YankBastard Na Na Na Na NANANANAAA!

Jun 18, 2005
    Estados Unidos
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  7. BostonRed

BostonRed Member+

Oct 9, 2011
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  8. Alex Martinez

Alex Martinez Red Card

Apr 14, 2015
    Who are the top scorers of the USA VS MEXICO ALL TIME ?

9. Clint Eastwood

Clint Eastwood Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    It would be hard to imagine an American scoring more goals against Mexico than Landon Donovan did.

Its worth noting that before 1990, the US was essentially hapless against Mexico. They were scoring 6 and 7 goals against us with some regularity. So I imagine the leading scorers in this series are Mexicans from the 40s and 50s.

Since 2000 the US' record against Mexico is 12-5-5. [As we know, more of those games were played on US soil than in Mexico]

10. Alex Martinez

Alex Martinez Red Card

Apr 14, 2015

I understand but I wanted some numbers, who are the top scorers against Mexico.. Donovan, Aldon Doneli
    Ranks goals

11. BostonRed

BostonRed Member+

Oct 9, 2011
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    From the US perspective:

http://www.socceroverthere.com/?p=19161

A footnote on the Eddie Murphy numbers:

In those games, Murphy scored eight goals, including a hat trick in the U.S. victory over Brazil and another two goals in the U.S. defeat of Mexico in the bronze medal game. None of these statistics count towards Murphy’s national team statistics as they were considered less than full international matches.

12. Clint Eastwood

Clint Eastwood Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    It's somewhat surprising to learn that Clint Dempsey has never scored against Mexico.

And of course Chicharito has never scored against the United States.....................................

13. BostonRed

BostonRed Member+

Oct 9, 2011
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    "I grew up watching both teams and when the U.S. or Mexico played, I'd want them both to win. When they played each other, I never really had an incline towards a national team. It's a question a lot of people would ask me. I was born and raised in Mexico but I knew where my family comes from. I was sort of stuck in between. ... All I can say is that I'll defend the colors of the United States with everything I have. "

-- Goalkeeper goalkeeper William Yarbrough, who was born in Aguascalientes, Mexico, to American missionaries, is part of the U.S. squad that faces Mexico on Wednesday. He made his U.S. debut last month against Switzerland. (USSoccer.com)

14. Chiquitibum

Chiquitibum Member+

Apr 4, 2004
    Norte
    Club:
    Pumas UNAM
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    i call shens

15. It's called FOOTBALL

LMX Clubs
    Mexico
    May 4, 2009
    Chitown
    You gotta separate friendly stats from official games, too. Since 2000, the usmnt is only up by 1 in official games.

Billyboy Yarb has some nerve saying what he says after saying he was 100% Mexican in the interview posted earlier in this thread. You don't gotta get your politician on, billi, just shut up and play. Now he looks like a puts.

16. BostonRed

BostonRed Member+

Oct 9, 2011
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  17. Clint Eastwood

Clint Eastwood Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Hey, as an older fan that lived thru the dark 80's of US soccer, I consider it a miracle that the US is even or ahead of Mexico in any sort of head-to-head statistics. At the first game my father took me to, the USMNT lost to Bermuda.........................
    My father, if he was with us, wouldn't be able to comprehend where the rivalry is 2015. He didn't even consider Mexico to be a rival. That would be like the nail considering the hammer as a rival!!!!!

All Yarbrough needed to do this whole time was behave like Jose Francisco Torres did. In other words, say that you love both countries and will accept the first country that shows legitimate interest in you at the senior level. Or just admit that you're being opportunistic. Nothing wrong with that. Herrera wasn't calling.

I guess for me as a long-time Dallas resident I have many friends that are Mexican-American. They love both countries. And yet in some sense they don't feel completely accepted by either at times. I wonder if William really feels "100% Mexican" (whatever that means :) ) when he's in Mexico. I remember Giuseppe Rossi saying that when he's in Italy he "feels" American and when he's in the United States he "feels" Italian." Which kinda makes sense. We like putting people into neat little folders and categories, while for most people its a lot more complicated than that.

18. It's called FOOTBALL

LMX Clubs
    Mexico
    May 4, 2009
    Chitown
    [​IMG]

Here's the pic from the link.

Yeah, Clint, there are some Mexicans who have issues like that. They need to realize that they belong to a worldwide Mexican community, regardless of artificial, illegitimate borders. If they love the culture, they are accepted, they needn't worry about what anyone thinks.

I also wonder what is in William's head. If his skin color alienated him down here, I can't imagine it would tho. Nonetheless, the career benefits of playing for any NT are big, so I guess he's really trying to secure his spot on the usmnt, he knows there's no hope with the Tri after his latest club gaffes. His buttkissing is cringy, but oh well.

19. soccerusa517

soccerusa517 Member+

Jun 23, 2009
    Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Rossi was/is a c&$t though. I know that might seem hypocritical but I didn't think that way until 2009 Confed Cup.

20. ussoccer97531

ussoccer97531 Member+

Oct 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    Why would he have more of a chance with the USMNT given his latest club gaffes? We currently have two GK's starting in top four leagues, while you guys have zero. Every Mexican GK called up within the last 12 months is in their late 20's or early-mid 30's, so if Yarbrough improves, he'd probably stand a good chance with Mexico.

Also, recent history would suggest that we've produced better GK's than you guys, so it would be logical to think that he's going to face higher quality competition with the USMNT over the course of his career.

21. It's called FOOTBALL

LMX Clubs
    Mexico
    May 4, 2009
    Chitown
    I don't think Rossi's goal celebration at the 2009 CC was a big deal, when a guy scores a goal on that big a stage, he will celebrate like he did. I give him props for his achievement.

Anyway, apologies for this repost, but this is for those who haven't seen it yet. It's an interview that should be rewatched considering the buttkising billyboy keeps doing: http://www.mediotiempo.com/futbol/m...soy-100-por-ciento-mexicano-william-Yarbrough

Soy 100 por ciento mexicano: William Yarbrough
    Soy 100 por ciento mexicano: William Yarbrough
    Me siento 100 por ciento mexicano: William Yarbrough
    mi corazón es mexicano', aseguró el guardameta

22. BostonRed

BostonRed Member+

Oct 9, 2011
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, I really didn't want to fill the forum with drawings that have nothing to do with Yarbrough.

23. Clint Eastwood

Clint Eastwood Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Not really. Rossi never played for the US at any level despite repeated attempts to call him up. He said aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaall along that he was only going to play for Italy. And that's fine. He was never "two-faced."

Most people detest "wafflers." Guys that claim they're loyal to one team, and then all of a sudden they switch. American fans should really detest Neven Subotic...............not Rossi. The famous case in US youth soccer is Sonny Guadarrama. He was in the US U20s, but decided he really wanted to play for the Mexican U20s. When it became clear that he wasn't going to make Mexico's U20 World Cup team, he came crawling back to the US U20s. Thomas Rongen reportedly asked his squad (this is the Bradley, Altidore group) if they should welcome him back...................and the players supposedly voted no. They told him to take a hike. And rightfully so. Seriously, screw that guy. Just pick a side and stick with it.

Most of the guys we've gotten from Mexico, like Ventura Alvarado or Jose Francisco Torres or Michael Orozco, have said all along that they have love for both countries. They all said something to the effect of "I'll represent whichever country calls me in first." And that of course is meant to put pressure on national team programs to make a decision on them. Still, that works for me. And I'm sure Mexico fans accept that.

If I was a Mexico fan I wouldn't be upset about losing Yarbrough. They have keepers better than him in their pool (as does the USMNT quite frankly). But I would certainly understand if they consider him a colossal douchebag.

24. ceezmad

ceezmad Member+

Mar 4, 2010
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  25. BostonRed

BostonRed Member+

Oct 9, 2011
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    But it's Herrera, right? Kinda hard to pin that on the US.