Will you be supporting your fellow AFC nations at the World Cup?

Discussion in 'Asian Football Confederation' started by RickChelsea, Jun 25, 2013.

1. RickChelsea

RickChelsea Member

Sep 28, 2008
    sidknee
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Mozambique
    And do you do it in general? Unless Japan and South Korea are playing Australia I generally like to see them smash all non-AFC competition. What do other people think, are they the same or are they only worried about their own country - or taking it further - do they want to see other AFC nations fail and only theirs succeed?

I'll be supporting all 4 AFC nations at the world cup and hopefully we all put on a good show. However I hope we don't see any 8-0 results or any other drubbings/bad performances (Iran i'm looking at you) - lol just kidding. But yeah, whatdoo.

Team Melli forever repped this.
  2. Operation Opera

Mar 18, 2007
    You are clearly showing your lack of knowledge about Asian football and especially about Iran. Iran never lost with high margins to European teams/South American teams. They played against Brazil and it ended 3-0 (and a correct goal was dissallowed for Iran)

It has also played against other top European teams like Germany and Portugal, never losing to them by more then 2 goals.

Mani, nimaa, stellarboy and 1 other person repped this.
  3. 007GS

007GS Member

Feb 2, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    I always have a soft spot for Korea when the tournaments come around. This time I'll also be wishing Iran all the best.

4. Amir14

Amir14 Member

Mar 10, 2012
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    I would say losing by more than a four goal margin embarrasses Asia.
    It happened five times in the last three World Cups. ;)

Saudi Arabia 0-8 Germany (2002)
    North Korea 0-7 Portugal (2010)
    Australia 0-4 Germany (2010)
    Saudi Arabia 0-4 Ukraine (2006)
    China 0-4 Brazil (2002)

Mani and nimaa repped this.
  5. Team Melli forever

Jul 11, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Yes I'll be supporting all 4 (5 hopefully), if Asia does well, AFC's reputation will go up internationally and we all benefit.

6. teammellieIRANfan

Feb 28, 2009
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Ill be completely honest. I want the AFC nations to do well. Why not?
    I most certainly do not wish for anyone's failure.

But beyond that, I dont feel such strong sense of Asian unity and dont care THAT much about what the rest of you do in the World Cup.
    Everyone for themselves!! :D:sneaky:

7. Nurafshon

Nurafshon Member+

Jun 28, 2007
    Germany
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Uzbekistan
  8. Thai

Thai Member

Jul 1, 2012
    Hong Kong
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes, unless they play the USA. Also hoping that AFC sneaks in a 5th team through the playoffs.

9. persianfootball

persianfootball Member+

Aug 5, 2004
    outside your realm
    no team that qualified from AFC will lose 8-0 or 5-1.

10. shinović89

shinović89 Member+

May 23, 2010
    Liverfail
    No, I don't give a shit about any other AFC team. I'm hoping you all fail miserably. I only support my own country.

OneiroPhobia repped this.
  11. stellarboy

stellarboy Member

Jan 14, 2012
    Davao City
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Philippines

Same here, Thai! I'll support the 4 (hopefully 5) teams in the World Cup, but them playing the US will be very, very interesting indeed.

And I wish either of them would be able to reach the semi-finals, but it'll be a tall order, especially for Japan and Korea Republic.

12. persianfootball

persianfootball Member+

Aug 5, 2004
    outside your realm
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. nimaa

nimaa Member

Apr 14, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    RickChelsea

your country has lost by high margins against EU teams many teams, smtg Iran has NEVER done, so what's with the smack talk? I know you left the "just kidding" comment as if you weren't being serious, but c'mon.

I'll support Iran first, obviously, then those pesky Koreans, then Japan and I'm not sure if I'll support AUS. To me, AUS isn't an Asian team, period. Just b/c they play in the Asian confederation it doesn't mean they're Asian.

And hopefully UZB makes it as well.

14. Gold is the Colour

Dec 17, 2005
    Perth Australia
    Club:
    Perth Glory
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    I'll be supporting all 5 (hopefully) AFC teams at the WC. The only other team that could come into the equation would be New Zealand. Even before we joined AFC, I always had a soft spot for Asian teams - especially Japan due my parents taking on Japanese exchange students and my brother playing there and Iran because it was my favourite country that I travelled to.

There was a game played in Melbourne in '97 that may have turned me against Iran, but I have had to wipe that game from my memory;)

15. Amir14

Amir14 Member

Mar 10, 2012
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    I smell massacres from group B. :D I hope it won't be repeats of 0-6 vs Brazil and France. :D

16. rhj99

rhj99 Member

Nov 21, 2013
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    LOL. You are redded.

17. Andrada

Andrada New Member

Nov 26, 2013
    Australia
    Nat'l Team:
    Lebanon
    Wow, three Iranian members (Amir 14, nimaa and persianfootball) who post in this thread get redded. What happened to them? :eek: I will tread cautiously.

I will support all AFC teams in WC 2014.

18. uhdfkwncvbgtyhu89

Nov 27, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
  19. Nimaa-

Nimaa- Guest

lol the loser mod of the Bosnian section redded every Iranian that posted in their forum. They were claiming that they're going to pounce Iran and didn't like it when we reminded them of the fact that in the previous 5 meetings, we've beaten them 4 times in a row and tied only once.

This is a very odd forum. Basically a mod can red card a dozen people just b/c he doesn't like their posts. That's literally what happened. Everybody that posted there yesterday is now redded.

But whatever, they're clearly shitting their pants.

They keep reminding us about their little Edin Djeko as if he wasn't playing when we beat them 3-2 in Sarajevo in our last meeting. We beat them in their own ground with all their supposed stars and they can't take it.

AsanoAram, Mani, s7kru and 2 others repped this.
  20. teammellieIRANfan

Feb 28, 2009
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    I think you should report to Txtriathlete and see if he can lift your ban. Also report about the moderating of that Bosnian thread, so it can be reviewed by the supermoderators.

But to be honest, I think its best we stay away from the Bosnian forums.
    I was also over there trying to be polite, and a couple of their members got agitated and agressive very easily. :D

21. Nimaa-

Nimaa- Guest

lol how the hell did you survive their insane mod?!

Meh, who cares. In 6 months time they'll see who they're dealing with.

22. MVP#3

MVP#3 Member

Mar 1, 2012
    Dubai, UAE
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United Arab Emirates
    Group A: Brazil, Croatia, Mexico, Cameroon

Group B: Spain, Netherlands, Chile, Australia

Group C: Colombia, Greece, Côte d’Ivoire, Japan

Group D: Uruguay, Costa Rica, England, Italy

Group E: Switzerland, Ecuador, France, Honduras

Group F: Argentina, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Iran, Nigeria

Group G: Germany, Portugal, Ghana, USA

Group H: Belgium, Algeria, Russia, Korea Republic

looks like all AFC teams have a chance to make it to the 2nd round except Australia their chances are equal to USA's...

Every world cup I support Italia [​IMG]

23. Nimaa-

Nimaa- Guest

At last, we agree on something.

24. teammellieIRANfan

Feb 28, 2009
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    To be honest, I have my expectations tempered on Bosnia match. I have seen them play, and I also saw bits of their friendly match against Argentina on YT.

They are a VERY physical side, and fantastic passing and vision among the team. Practiaclly its entire squad consist of players that are in top leagues in Europe, and they have some real dangerous and profilic players also.
    I think we can not treat this like the Bosnia we met a few years ago.

Their coach, couple of their players and obviously the fans are already writing off Iran, which is good for us because we can strike from an underdog position. But we should not reciprocate and underestimate the quality of the Bosnian team.
    I do hope that we will able to answer them in World Cup. :)

25. Deranged

Deranged Member

Dec 8, 2013
    Your Head
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
    I will probably support the AFC teams in WC 2014 to,