Will Wrestlemania hurt the Japan turnout?

Discussion in 'USA Men: Fans & Travel' started by Delta Blues, Jan 31, 2003.

1. Delta Blues

Delta Blues New Member

Jun 25, 1999
    King Willieville
    If nothing else it could make it much tougher to find a hotel. I'd do it asap. For the love of Cletus, why oh why did THIS pathetic event have to be the same weekend as the match? :(

-Kevin

2. SnakeEyes

SnakeEyes Member

Oct 7, 2001
    Screw you, I wouldn't be attending this soccer match if WM werent the same weekend. Happened by luck really.

3. SnakeEyes

SnakeEyes Member

Oct 7, 2001
    Want some better news? Not only is WM in the same city the same weekend... but the WWE's WM weekend long fan event "Axxess" will take place at Seahawks Stadium West Field Plaza. Axxess sessions on Saturday will be from 10am-1pm, 3-6pm, and 7-10pm.

4. tcmahoney

tcmahoney New Member

Feb 14, 1999
    Metronatural
    I don't really care for wrestling, but my best friend is going to both WWE and the USA match.

If this is really a worry, maybe Bruce should give some wannabe wrestlers some callups and have them do some sort of "exhibition" for the wrestling fans. Add new meaning to the term "Soccer Slam."

What's Cle Kooimans doing these days, anyhow? ;)

5. TheMutts

TheMutts New Member

May 19, 2002
    Pittsburgh
    I was gonna post and say that Wrestling fans and Soccer fans are 2 totally different group of people but I guess I was wrong.

6. Delta Blues

Delta Blues New Member

Jun 25, 1999
    King Willieville
    Screw yourself. If ya' smell what I'm cooking...

Kevin

7. IMissTheFusion

IMissTheFusion New Member

Jun 21, 2002
    South Florida
    WM being there can only help, IMO. Other than the hotel thing, I don't see any drawback. And if people are going to be in the stadium vicinity come game time for Axxess, perhaps the atmosphere of the soccer fans attracts some curious WWE fans and they buy tickets.

8. Delta Blues

Delta Blues New Member

Jun 25, 1999
    King Willieville
    Maybe. Although if you polled the average WWE fan and asked them to fill in the blank to this phrase:

Soccer _______?

In order you'd get...

1.) Sucks
    2.) Is for pussies
    3.) What the *** is soccer?
    4.) Isn't a real sport like WWE.

Face it, these aren't the folks that glance at WWE for 5 minutes while channel surfing hoping for a "lingerie match." These are the ones who live it like we do soccer. 99.9% of these folks wouldn't be caught dead at a soccer match IMO. (Excepting the 0.1% like our friend above.)

I'd love to be proved wrong, because one of the great things about wrestling fans is they don't give a rat's butt what anyone else thinks. They LOVE to scream and cheer for thier favorites and heckle the heels. That would be a great addition to US fan support IMO. I wish more US supporters ACTED like wrestling fans at a match in some ways actually.