Will we have a crowd advantage in Brazil?

Discussion in 'USA Men' started by Jazzy Altidore, Feb 9, 2014.

1. Big Football

Big Football Member

Jun 25, 2001
    Some beach in Florida,
    Club:
    Deportes Tolima
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I don't know where you get that. Most of the world fell in love with the Brazilian style back in the late fifties, when they started to transform the game into what is now called "The Beautiful Game". Nobody thinks about the Brazilian political status or how many countries they have invaded, when rooting for Brazil anymore than those who admire Argentina or Germany, even 'tho all of those countries have had their share of dictatorships in one form or other.
    The truth is, the US will not be booed any more than your average team, and is mostly because the USNT is still viewed by many as an average team and not a traditional power or football arch-rival, specially to the Brasilians.

soccersubjectively repped this.
  2. nicklaino

nicklaino Member+

Feb 14, 2012
    Brooklyn, NY
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I think Americans are the only people that boo. Other countries do other things like whistle, throw piss bags or shoot people from the stands. But they don't boo they are so much a head of us in that regard.

soccersubjectively and tyguy repped this.
  3. nicklaino

nicklaino Member+

Feb 14, 2012
    Brooklyn, NY
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I agree with that. I think the Brazilian soccer fan will get behind any team that plays a good game. They want to see the beautiful game not crap soccer. If brazil starts to play crap soccer they will turn on them as well. It is not always winning it is also how you win.

4. nicklaino

nicklaino Member+

Feb 14, 2012
    Brooklyn, NY
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    There was prejudice among Brazilians against other Brazilians against the dark skin Brazilians by the light skinned Brazilians in the past, and that my friend is a fact.

Some Americans might not want to go to brazil when they find out that some Brazilian business owners fund hit squads to kill poor Brazilian kids who are on sniffing glue because they like to rob tourists.

Some Americans might not go to the WC when they find out BJJ players that go to Brazil for tournaments are told not to venture out of their living compounds because it is a dangerous place even for these guys. That is a fact my son is a black belt BJJ player and goes there for tournaments.

You should post on the political site to bitch about Americans and not on the soccer part

5. nicklaino

nicklaino Member+

Feb 14, 2012
    Brooklyn, NY
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Yet they are moving here by the thousands every day?

6. gremio1903

gremio1903 Member+

Aug 10, 2011
    Uruguaiana, RS (BRA) [last: Rockville, MD]
    Club:
    Gremio Porto Alegre
    Well, that is superlative.

7. AguiluchoMerengue

Oct 4, 2008
    South Carolina
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    It was answer to why Mexicans boo the National Anthem.

8. MPNumber9

MPNumber9 Member+

Oct 10, 2010
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    1. Actually, that wasn't my initial premise at all. You jumped the gun there, I'm afraid.
    2. You didn't "rightly" point out anything. You didn't give a single example of a country with an immigration policy comparable to the United States. I don't think you can, since you clearly don't understand the current immigration policy.

Miguel Myers repped this.
  9. PremierUSA

PremierUSA Member

Sep 2, 2013
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    #134 PremierUSA, Mar 2, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2014
    That was the whole point...that the US is allegedly hated cos of their especially evil immigration policy (Something you haven't proved at all). I've already done showed you that countries like Mexico actually has a more 'harsh' immigration policy than the US. You're just a little pro-illegal immigration bag coming here to spread your lies and propaganda. Do us all a favor and keep your political BS off of BS.

10. nicklaino

nicklaino Member+

Feb 14, 2012
    Brooklyn, NY
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Yet they can't wait to sneak across our borders illegally.

11. MPNumber9

MPNumber9 Member+

Oct 10, 2010
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wrong again. I replied specifically to a poster who wasn't even discussing that point. I'm not sure why you intervened at all.

Second, you ain't done showed anything. In fact, you left the majority of my reply to you unaddressed (which is fine by me, really).

Finally, there is no such thing as being "pro-illegal immigration". I certainly didn't take that stance. I am against murdering/torturing people trying to get into your country and harassing Americans that "look Mexican" to ask for their papers, however, which seems like it should be a pretty uncontroversial stance, nor is it a "political" one. Either way, I'm not here to debate the point with you or anyone else; my point was that you don't have to go back 200 years to find reasons for tension between the US govt and Mexico.

12. It's called FOOTBALL

LMX Clubs
    Mexico
    May 4, 2009
    Chitown
    Those "borders" are there due to the u.s. army's murder of Mexicans. Do you honestly think that should be respected?

13. AguiluchoMerengue

Oct 4, 2008
    South Carolina
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    it isnt just the law, people in the borders shooting immigrants and bunch of other things but immigrants go through this all over the world, is not just here. The problem comes back to Mexicans feeling California and Texas is their land, that is the reason why they boo the national anthem, they will prob always do it, is the way they protest history.

14. AguiluchoMerengue

Oct 4, 2008
    South Carolina
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    you are making it something else, anyway, a whole atlantic ocean didnt stop immigration, what makes you think a a little wall will?

15. PremierUSA

PremierUSA Member

Sep 2, 2013
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Your complaint boils down to the idea that you think the US is systematically torturing/murdering illegal immigrants? That's beyond nutty.

16. PremierUSA

PremierUSA Member

Sep 2, 2013
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    I can't disagree with that often perceived reality__ And I'm sure there will always be something boiling in the USA/Mexico rivalry. But MPN was trying to transcend these issues to pretend that the US has this ever so evil immigration policy, and that the rest of the world hates us for it. The reality is that the US actually has more liberal immigration practices; especially as it relates to Mexico; and he is just covering us with his dripping sap.

17. AguiluchoMerengue

Oct 4, 2008
    South Carolina
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    The rest of the world hates the US bc of the wars... Im not saying it was the right or the wrong thing to get into all those wars but that is the reason why the rest of the world used to hate the US, I dont think is the case anymore.

Nobody hates the US bc of soccer, maybe the Mexicans but nobody around the world hates the US bc of soccer reasons, in fact, we may get a lot of fans as the Cinderella of the tournament.

I believe our players are not skilled enough to make it far but I do believe Klisnmann has what it takes to make some noise, the US may gain a lot of fans if Klisnmmans make something happen.

Big Football repped this.
  18. MPNumber9

MPNumber9 Member+

Oct 10, 2010
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I guess it depends on what you consider "systematic", but increases in border security has actually coincided with increases in both allegations of excessive force and actual border deaths. And, of course, there's the woman in Texas who was handled so roughly by CBP during a search of her vehicle that she lost her child (she's a US citizen, by the way). It's apparently a big enough deal that they began an oversight commission to review the cases, only to find CBP was not tracking either reports of excessive force or actual incidents. Oops.

Don't mischaracterize my arguments, please. If you can't comprehend what I actually said, simply stop replying to my posts and definately stop attempting to relay what you think I'm saying to others.

19. Waliatiger

Waliatiger Member+

Jul 1, 2013
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Something called respect and class learn it. You see France booing Germany? According to you they should because of history.

20. Big Football

Big Football Member

Jun 25, 2001
    Some beach in Florida,
    Club:
    Deportes Tolima
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    THANK YOU!!

21. nicklaino

nicklaino Member+

Feb 14, 2012
    Brooklyn, NY
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Yes your right the US army killed millions of Mexicans. I am not trying to mock you. It did happen when the country was being settle. Yes we did a job on the Indians, and yes we were slavers. I even think Mexico had slavery and they also did a job on the Indians.

I guess there will always be plenty of hate to go around. Your doing your part to recreate more hate now. Who is better then you man?

22. PremierUSA

PremierUSA Member

Sep 2, 2013
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    You keep trying to make it about me. The reality is you haven't laid out a solid case about the US having this terrible immigration enforcement relative to other countries. All's you've done is put your emotional bias on display. And it's been kind of pathetic, honestly.

23. MPNumber9

MPNumber9 Member+

Oct 10, 2010
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's an interesting way of seeing it, since no one was even talking to you. You decided to insert yourself in a conversation that didn't involve you and quickly showed you had no idea what you were talking about.

This one's also interesting, since you're the one getting emotionally riled up:

If having an "emotional bias" against people getting killed for committing a non-violent crime is "pathetic", how pathetic is it to get emotionally riled up and start calling names because someone has a different opinion than you on an internet message board (especially when they weren't talking to you to begin with)?

24. AguiluchoMerengue

Oct 4, 2008
    South Carolina
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Is not the same, Mexicans are treated like crap to this day in a piece of land that used to be theirs and it was taken from them by force.

25. The Devil's Architect

Feb 10, 2000
    The American Steppe
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What piece of land is that, Bucky?

The one they claim ownership of via the Spanish, who claimed as their own from the Paiute, Modoc, Apache, Dine, Hopi, Tohono O'odham, Pomo, Pueblo and a few dozen other indigenous groups?

Sorry, Mexicans and Mexico, the lands of the Southwestern US were never yours.