Will Trinidad and Tobago qualify to the WC?

Discussion in 'Caribbean' started by MoRado, Mar 26, 2005.

1. MoRado

MoRado New Member

Feb 6, 2004
    San José. Costa Rica
    Club:
    Deportivo Saprissa
    Nat'l Team:
    Costa Rica
    i think they wont....

2. rvrags

rvrags New Member

Mar 25, 2005
    Trinidad & Tobago
    U got to be kidding rite.............

T&T, Mexico & USa will qualify from Concacaf

3. Saeyddthe

Saeyddthe Member

Sep 5, 2003
    St. Looney ^the CB&J
    Then why didn't you vote for them? ;)

I'm going to go out on a limb, and guess that Mex, US, and CR will take the top 3 spots, and Guatemala will take the playoff spot.

4. rvrags

rvrags New Member

Mar 25, 2005
    Trinidad & Tobago
    I think T&T have alot to prove after their dismay in 1990.....Just wait and see and it will all start tonight against Guatemala who has a proven bad track record against T&T.

5. vapotrini

vapotrini New Member

Mar 27, 2005
    Not a chance. Not even with dumb ass Jack Warner in their corner. I pray to god they don't. I really don't wish my country to be humiliated on the world scale. Let's be honest, the fact is, more than 1 team from the concaf region making it, is an insult to the tourny. 3 spots for the weakest region what a crock of ********. For crying out loud, Venezuala would beat EVERYONE in this region...

6. Toronto Papi

Toronto Papi New Member

Jan 24, 2005
    Toronto, Canada
    buddy, bredrin, amigo...

you must be drunk or somethin

7. MoRado

MoRado New Member

Feb 6, 2004
    San José. Costa Rica
    Club:
    Deportivo Saprissa
    Nat'l Team:
    Costa Rica
    lack of intelligence around here....

8. El_Mae

El_Mae New Member

Mar 24, 2005
    nj
    T&T..... it would be nice to see new teams in the world cup... but that job is going to be for #4 Guatemala

9. nirvaanfc

nirvaanfc Member

Juventus
    Italy
    Jan 13, 2004
    Trinidad & Tobago
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Patriotically i have to say YES!

Logistically as of now, it'll be a NO!

Having seen the perfomance vs USA at Queen's Park Oval (was there and will be there to cheer the boys on Wednesday as well) i was very impressed. Team showed character and fought hard against a technically better USA team! I've missed to Guatemala game, not even seen highlights so i'd hope was a simple crash and burn one-off wake up call!

I will decide to keep the faith and say we have a shot at 3rd spot but more realistically could get 4th!

(Also, i'd say Kenwyn Jones went to primary school with me. Montrose Gov't School...played some lunchtime ball against him!)

10. multiman

multiman New Member

Jan 20, 2005
    Not looking like they will after the first two outings. The loss to Guatemala was very embarassing. They have not played a lot of ball together, and play very weak teams in exhibition games. Their preparation seems to leave plenty to be desired. They have some talent, but haven't gelled as a team. Too much talk and no action ... not playing like "warriors" at all. They seem to be quick to argue and complain to the refs, when they need to be working harder on the field. I wish they can turn it around on Wednesday at home to Costa Rica, but have to come in with way more intensity than they did in the last two WCQ's, and learn to finish a play! GET IT 2GEDDA SOCA BOYZ!!!!!!

11. VioletCrown

VioletCrown Member+

FC Dallas
    United States
    Aug 30, 2000
    Austin, Texas
    Club:
    Austin Aztex
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Before Saturday, I would've voted 'no.' After Saturday, I clicked on the link looking for a "You've got to be effing kidding me" option.

12. rvrags

rvrags New Member

Mar 25, 2005
    Trinidad & Tobago
    Boy wah i go say i have to agree with you now. After looking up the result on the net on Saturday night i couldnt sleep. Yuh know what is d amazing thing our coach after the game commented that we still have 8 games left. That jackass cant even get a postive result. Our performance at the Digicel cup was the most disgusting i have ever seen. everyone seems to be improving in soccer except us. Yuh dont see the type of preparations before a WCQ we play club teams, USA plays Honduras in friendly internationals that alone speaks out. I am a die hard Trini though and i will be at the National stadium on Wednesday hoping for the impossible. Being a Trini is tough when it comes to supporting football they never seem to do us proud.

13. Delsocfan

Delsocfan New Member

Oct 23, 2004
    Wilmington, DE
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Heard that the game was not even on TV in T&T, is this true?

14. nirvaanfc

nirvaanfc Member

Juventus
    Italy
    Jan 13, 2004
    Trinidad & Tobago
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Not to my knowledge!!!The game was not televised!!!

Thank you FSW Report, got to see highlights tonight!

15. multiman

multiman New Member

Jan 20, 2005
    wayyyyyyyyyyyyy dread!! we pick up a point against Rica bai!! well look like we eh dead yet!!

16. Bluecat82

Bluecat82 Member+

Feb 24, 1999
    Minneapolis, MN
    Club:
    Minnesota United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sadly, while T&T may not quite be dead, they are on life support.

If they'd picked up that one point at Saprissa, THAT would be cause for rejoicing...

But, of course, it was in Port of Spain.

Two home matches, one point. Ouch.

Plus the Soca Warriors still have to travel to the USA and Mexico. Not a lot of points to be had there.

June 4th vs. Panama is huge. T&T simply has to win. Problem is, so does Panama. Winner lives, loser dies.

A draw probably mortally wounds both teams.