Will the US Qualify for Germany 2006?

Discussion in 'BigSoccer Polls' started by Huss, Dec 2, 2004.

1. Beakmon FC

Beakmon FC Member+

LA Galaxy
    United States
    Jan 10, 2002
    The OC
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yea, I know...but that one never gets old!
    :D

2. Champagne Football

Champagne Football New Member

Dec 5, 2004
    Melbourne, Australia
    Greetings from Oceania! I probably have no place butting into a CONCACAF discussion, but what makes you think the US is the best team in the region? Mexico is ranked 8, USA 11 in the FIFA rankings and Mexico have won all 6 of of their games so far, whereas the US have won 3 and drawn 3. Just wondering... :rolleyes:

Also, of course the US will qualify for the World Cup. The system is too easy for you. Try playing group games against uncompetitive Pacific island nations, and then go straight into a play-off with a South American team which has been hardened by 18 CONMEBOL group games! :(

3. galperin

galperin Member

Feb 1, 2001
    Maineville, OH
    We dominate Mexico when we play them, and have done so for the past few years.

4. Brownswan

Brownswan New Member

Jun 30, 1999
    Port St. Lucie, FL
    We don't care how Mexico is rated by FIFA as long as we keep beating them, which we have been doing. As for the record in the preliminary rounds, Mexico had a walk, thanks to TFC's wanker director from T&T -- both teams were in a group with St. Kitts and another island minnow. Meanwhile, Canada was stuck in a Group of Death, and the US was in a group that proved nearly as tough.

5. DNA

DNA Member

Jul 4, 2004
    Los Angeles
    You know another one that also never gets old?... Oh yeah the one that before 1990 the US had not been to a WC since 1950, so why don't you just stop trolling, the US has won some battles, Mexico has one some battles and lets just leave it at that.

6. glennaldo_sf

glennaldo_sf Member+

Houston Dynamo, Penang FC, Al Duhail
    United States
    Nov 25, 2004
    Doha, Qatar
    Club:
    FL Fart Vang Hedmark
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I agree with CF here. I'm American but I don't think we're way in front of the rest of the pack in CONCAF. We finished third in the Hexagonal four years behind Costa Rica and Mexico and also finished third in the Gold Cup. I definitely think we've improved alot over the last four years, and will most certainly qualify for the WC - but I think at the US + Mexico are still about evenly matched. We may look the best team in the region at the moment but I think that we still have to prove it in this hexagonal by finishing first.

7. Deuce

Deuce Member

Nov 16, 2004
    Utah
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    If I am not mistaken the USMNT has beaten Mexico in the last 4 meetings. In my eyes that would make USMNT better than Mexico regardless of whether USMNT won 3 drew 3, and Mexico won 6...

I could be wrong here but I think USMNT have beaten Mexico decisively in every meeting since before the last World Cup.

8. Champagne Football

Dec 5, 2004
    Melbourne, Australia
    Fair enough.

By the way, Australia beat England 3-1 in London last year...........

That doesn't have anything to do with it, but I just wanted to say it! :D

9. soccer_is_life

soccer_is_life New Member

Nov 5, 2004
    Houston, TX
    Actually if U.S. does end up against the 5th place team from ASIA i really think they wouldn't have too much problem beating them, unless it was IRAN heheeh :) Well I don't think that will happen anyway because Iran will finish 1st or second for qualifiing I am sure. As for U.S. they are a better team than MExico and will surly qualify above Mexico for #1 spot

10. Mel B

Mel B Red Card

Nov 10, 2004
    South Shields UK
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England

Honestly. No chance. And that 3-1 was a friendly mate. FACTOMONDO.

11. Champagne Football

Dec 5, 2004
    Melbourne, Australia
    Hehehe.... I just wish we could play off against the 4th team in CONCACAF, rather than a CONMEBOL team, because I really think Australia wouldn't have too much problem beating them! ;)

12. Champagne Football

Dec 5, 2004
    Melbourne, Australia
    No chance of what? :confused:
    I know it was a friendly, but it was there to be won.

13. Mel B

Mel B Red Card

Nov 10, 2004
    South Shields UK
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England

14. Champagne Football

Dec 5, 2004
    Melbourne, Australia

15. Mel B

Mel B Red Card

Nov 10, 2004
    South Shields UK
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England

Dunno. Why dont you ask one of them. It's getting boring now. Already been through it. Much laughter was had. So stop it. Just bloody stop it. Move to England, like Kyle has jumped ship. :D :D And then maybe you can ask Mel herself.

16. Champagne Football

Dec 5, 2004
    Melbourne, Australia
    Nah, my great-grandfather got out of Newcastle 130 years ago and I think he made the right move. :D
    Besides, I've been to England and I couldn't hack the weather. Too dreary...

17. Mel B

Mel B Red Card

Nov 10, 2004
    South Shields UK
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England

Your all convicts mate. :D :D :D What England didnt want. Class.

18. Champagne Football

Dec 5, 2004
    Melbourne, Australia
    1. We could be related, mate! :eek:
    2. Transportation to the 'colonies' had already finished 130 years ago.
    3. When the Americans wake up this morning and read this they will wonder what's going on.
    4. That's how many goals Chelsea put past Newcastle on the weekend, with no reply. :D

19. Mel B

Mel B Red Card

Nov 10, 2004
    South Shields UK
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England

Johnny Forighner. I bet your Mam is an Auzzie. Lived there all her life. Jack thr Ripper could be related to you mate. As the Chelsea result. They were lucky. If Officer Bramble had of been firing on all cylinders, it would have been 6 or 7. :D :D ;)

20. Champagne Football

Dec 5, 2004
    Melbourne, Australia
    Of course my Mum's an Aussie. Don't they teach maths in Geordie land? (130 years ago is a long time!) Lucky my ancestors left, so I could go to university and learn things like maths, spelling.... :rolleyes:

I'm 4th generation Aussie on both sides of the family and bloody proud of it! If I trace my family tree, I hope I don't find you! "Johnny Foreigner?" <sic> No wonder people think Poms are 'insular'.

Oh, and by the way, the US will qualify for Germany 2006...and so will Australia, and if we're grouped with England we'll beat you again!! So there.

21. Andy TAUS

Andy TAUS Member

Jan 31, 2004
    Sydney, AUS
    I'd want every bloody Yank player AND their management to have to piss in the pot (for testing purposes), if they failed to qualify.

:eek: As to the latter matchup (AUS v ENG in the WC Final), Jeez that would be a delicious game, no matter the eventual result !!! :D

22. comme

comme Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 21, 2003
    It should be impossible for the US not to qualify, the grouping is so easy as to be farcical.

23. EL MONO MARIO

EL MONO MARIO Member

Apr 9, 2002
    Montevideo, Uruguay
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They will qualify

24. ZiggyGalaxy

ZiggyGalaxy New Member

Sep 22, 2004
    Easy qualification for the Yanks. If you said no, you are an idiot...

25. DartNut

DartNut New Member

May 15, 2003
    Michigan
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I haven't seen the schedule (if out), but let's gets a Mexico home game like they did last time, in February in COLUMBUS!!! Not having "home" games in the bloddy south where they have more supporters than us. They use their Azteca Stadia and its elevation to their advantage. Let's use our weather and cold cities to ours. We, of course, will qualify...no question.