Will The Sounders Go Undefeated Over The Rest Of The Regular Season?

Discussion in 'Seattle Sounders FC' started by LuiFern, Sep 18, 2018.

1. LuiFern

LuiFern Member

Manchester United
    Brazil
    Aug 13, 2018
    Boston, MA
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
  2. Nacional Tijuana

Nacional Tijuana St. Louis City

St. Louis City SC
    May 6, 2003
    San Diego, Calif.
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    OK, everybody. Good show, but for the Sounders, skip to about 23:23.

I'm somewhat nervous right now. Great to see the Sounders doing so well, but if they run the rest of the table, then every single playoff match might be that much more nervewracking, because at that point, you advance or you are out. No reason whatsoever to try to run the rest of the table.

LuiFern repped this.
  3. Yoshou

Yoshou Fan of the CCL Champ

May 12, 2009
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Going undefeated will be hard, winning out the rest of the season will be darn near impossible. Not that the rest of the season is against teams that are particularly good, but this is MLS and the difference between the top teams and the bottom teams is remarkably slim. Looking at the rest of the seasons:

Philly - They have a really good chance of making the playoffs, but they aren't a particularly good road team. I think the Sounders have a good chance of winning this one, but I also wouldn't be shocked to see a draw here as the Sounders will be giving a good amount of their starters a rest after a hard game in Vancouver.

@LAG - LAG's defense is HORRIBLE, but there offense shows spark from time to time. A new coach and StubHub historically having a hex on the Sounders could give them a hard time. I'm more inclined to see a draw, or even a loss, than a win here.

COL - Yeah, this should be an easy win for the Sounders.

HOU - Another game that should be an easy win for the Sounders.

@ORL - Another really bad team, but this time it is at a stadium that is almost as far away from Seattle as you can get and still be in Mainland US.. Travel alone will be brutal. This game should be a win for the Sounders, but I would not kick a draw out of bed.

@HOU - This will probably be the toughest game for the Sounders. Houston is actually pretty good at home (1.6ppg). A draw is more likely than a win here, but I also would not be shocked if a loss pops up.

SJE - Anything less than a win would be a major disappointment, but then, Schmetzer might be resting players in preparation for the start of the playoffs.. If my win/draw/loss predictions are accurate, the Sounders may be fighting for a first round bye at this point, but that shouldn't change if it is a win or not.

LuiFern repped this.
  4. JimWharton

JimWharton Member+

Feb 25, 2017
    Between rotating the squad, away games, and the unavoidable loss of intensity that comes in a long streak, I’d say the prospects are exactly zero. You can look at each game and think it’s winnable, but it never plays out that way. Better for us to finish strong and confident, rather than perfect.

LuiFern repped this.
  5. Nacional Tijuana

Nacional Tijuana St. Louis City

St. Louis City SC
    May 6, 2003
    San Diego, Calif.
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And the undefeated streak ends. 1-0 to the Union.

LuiFern repped this.
  6. Yoshou

Yoshou Fan of the CCL Champ

May 12, 2009
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well.. I was almost right about the draw. Hopefully Ruidiaz isn’t hurt too badly. We’ll need him going forward. Offense was dismal with just Bruin.

LuiFern repped this.
  7. JimWharton

JimWharton Member+

Feb 25, 2017
    And what a crappy loss it was.

LuiFern repped this.