Will Miami FC get a big time sponsor?

Discussion in 'Fort Lauderdale Strikers' started by Lucho305, Jan 28, 2010.

1. Lucho305

Lucho305 Member

Inter Miami CF, Junior de Barranquilla
    United States
    Jul 9, 2008
    Miami
    Club:
    Miami FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I just want to know if anybody can tell Miami FC front office to get a big time sponsor like genTV or presidente supermarket, or publix something local..

any ideas?

2. chichi

chichi Member

May 21, 1999
    Miami Fl
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Brightstar! Get Marcelo Claure onboard! If he truly supports Soccer then he should step up but Miami FC needs to go get it.

What about Carnival Cruise Lines? Perry Ellis? Any group/company sponsoring the Miami World Cup bid should be Miami FC's target.

3. Antique

Antique Member

Nov 11, 2008
    the river of grass
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Watched a bit of a game in Serie A (I think) & one team had a huge BurgerKing logo on the front of their jersey. BK started in Miami & is still based here. Maybe they could participate.

4. ckh1

ckh1 New Member

Jul 19, 2009
    Dubai
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Denmark
    Miami who?
    who would want to sponsor a team that doesn't even want to seriously try being a real world class professional team? atleast fake it!
    I mean look at the shield for starters!
    would you want to sponsor that?

5. Antique

Antique Member

Nov 11, 2008
    the river of grass
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Publix is based in Lakeland, FL, I believe. That's not too far from Tampa. FEC is in Jax, IIRC. PolloTropical is the only other company I've heard of. All of that is irrelevant, of course, I'd take any of them as a reasonable sponsor.

6. Lucho305

Lucho305 Member

United States
    Jul 9, 2008
    Miami
    Club:
    Miami FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How about presidente supermarket?

7. Antique

Antique Member

Nov 11, 2008
    the river of grass
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sure, why not? Who are they? Where are they based? Here in Florida? Personally I've never heard of them, but, if they are willing to put some $$$ into the Blues coffers I'd be delighted and it would be good advertising for them....:cool:

8. Lucho305

Lucho305 Member

United States
    Jul 9, 2008
    Miami
    Club:
    Miami FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    they are a supermarket in little havanna area/ downtown, alot of buses are covered with that supermarket, instead oif the buses maybe they can sponsor on miami fc... seems like this place wants to be all over miami on the public bus system why not on the jerseys of miami fc

9. Antique

Antique Member

Nov 11, 2008
    the river of grass
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sure. Why not? Yet, they don't sound like a big time sponsor to me and may not see any value in it if the team is in Broward, let alone Miami. Still, a minor league team in a tough, tough location can't be too choosy.

10. Lucho305

Lucho305 Member

United States
    Jul 9, 2008
    Miami
    Club:
    Miami FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    IM just suggesting, like they are a small time supermarket, Miami FC is kind of small time team, they can both help each other out at the supermarket they can easily promote the team... and at games they promote the supermarket they will both win from this...

Or maybe publix and the 50th person to go at a register wins free tickets or something, you know something like that they can help each other, now if Miami FC was to go to concacaf champs league then and only then should they get a big time sponsor because they would be on tv, so that would be more reasoonable for now some small time sponsor then on to the big leagues of sponsoring when they hit the big leagues...

11. ckh1

ckh1 New Member

Jul 19, 2009
    Dubai
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Denmark
  12. Antique

Antique Member

Nov 11, 2008
    the river of grass
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ya faked me out...I thought you were saying that they HAD Winn Dixie as their sponsor...;)

My heart skipped a beat....then I realized you were only making a "suggestion"...:eek:

Not a bad idea, actually, but I don't know how it would be received in Miami.

13. drSoFlaFan

drSoFlaFan DEFEND THE FORT!

Feb 25, 2008
    Plantation, FL
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Considering the team is playing in Lockhart and is changing names to the Strikers, I'm not sure it matters how well anything the team does would be received in Miami anymore. The vibe I'm getting is that most of the slim numbers of fans in Miami that do support this team have been put off, maybe permanently, by the move to Lockhart full time and the Strikers rebrand.

Also, it's been done, presenting your 1989 ASL Champion Ft. Lauderdale Strikers:

[​IMG]

I wouldn't mind WD as a shirt sponsor to be honest(plus the colors match up okay with the Strikers' colors). I hope they do get one. The more money for the team the better.

14. ckh1

ckh1 New Member

Jul 19, 2009
    Dubai
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Denmark

but dr...honestly, who the hell in their right minds from a business standpoint would want to be a jersey sponsor(or any type of sponsor) for a D2 soccer team that only pulls an average of maybe 900-1000 people per game?
    not cost efficient, not a good return on an investment. Especially not for a big time sponsor like Winn Dixie. I can see some local Mom and PoP shop in Ft. Lauderdale or Miami(maybe Fritz & Franz Bierhaus is more realistic). Or maybe the guy selling clams from his broken down chevy alongside Federal Highway:D
    A lot of teams in MLS didn't have shirt sponsors for many years...

15. drSoFlaFan

drSoFlaFan DEFEND THE FORT!

Feb 25, 2008
    Plantation, FL
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That probably had a bit to do with the practice of shirt sponsors being foreign to American sports fans more than teams not being able to do it. Just like the countdown clock, shootouts and so on I think that was a way to "Americanize" the game early on, make the jerseys look like other American sports.

Now it's commonplace, only a few teams don't have shirt sponsors. And nearly all USL-1/NASL teams do as well. Portland, Montréal, Rochester, Carolina, Charleston, Cleveland, etc. etc.

Miami FC had GolTV as their shirt sponsor early on. MFC should be able to secure a "big name" sponsor, but they might have to sell it for a lower price. And if I were them I would because some money is better than no money. For a modest say $20-$30,000, heck even $5-10,000, MFC could have done a lot of things to promote the team, anything from print ads to signage near the stadiums to radio or perhaps hiring a new staff member.

Any company that is local would make sense. Winn Dixie, Publix, Burger King, Carnival Cruises, Sports Authority(founded in Lauderdale Lakes), etc. etc.

16. Antique

Antique Member

Nov 11, 2008
    the river of grass
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Their loss, sadly. And probably ours, too. If they think that their actions will bring MLS to Miami I honestly believe they are sadly mistaken. Undoubtedly all it will do is convince the MLS suits even more that Miami, and the entire area, is too bush league to ever support a team. Another example of unitended consequences biting someone on the ass. Too bad the south Florida fans have to suffer because of the actions of some unthinking ignoramuses....:(