Will Liverpool win the league title?

Discussion in 'Premier League' started by Wilson007, Mar 31, 2014.

1. Wilson007

Wilson007 Member

May 14, 2013
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    After Liverpool 4-0 Tottenham Hotspur, and Arsenal 1-1 Manchester City, as well as Chelsea's lose. Liverpool seems will win this season's league title.

2. Wilson007

Wilson007 Member

May 14, 2013
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Liverpool sold Torres to Chelsea while Chelsea sold Sturridge to Liverpool, that's real brother:laugh::laugh:

----------------------
    cheap France football shirt

3. Kev THFC

Kev THFC Member

Mar 27, 2014
    Northants
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Manchester City would be my pick, although I'd much prefer to see Liverpool win the title. The thing in Liverpool's favour is that they play both Chelsea and Manchester City at Anfield which is a massive plus for them, I think if Liverpool can get 4 points against the 2 of them they stand a very good chance.

Chelsea still have European games to play as well, which is why I'd favour city over Chelsea, if it wasn't for that I'd put me money on Chelsea.

1.Manchester City
    2.Chelsea
    3.Liverpool

4. owian

owian Member+

Liverpool FC, San Diego Loyal
    May 17, 2002
    San Diego
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    YES :)

Wilson007 repped this.
  5. Wilson007

Wilson007 Member

May 14, 2013
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    In fact, I believe Liverpool will win:)

6. Sloth

Sloth Member

May 4, 2011
    London
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Aye whilst Arsenal still compete for 4th. ;)

Not sure who will win the title, I might go for Liverpool but I hope City win it instead. As for us I don't think we have a chance in the league this season, I never did though. I think we have a good chance next season mind.

7. idreamofpikas

idreamofpikas Member+

May 22, 2009
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    You mega rich clubs have to stick together ;)

EruditeHobo repped this.
  8. TabLalas

TabLalas Member+

Mar 29, 2007
    Jersey
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's great to see Liverpool have the success that they're having unfortunetly they still have little b!tch (Saurez) playing for them.
    It's also great to see Arsenal get their a$$ kicked by Everton.

9. Kev THFC

Kev THFC Member

Mar 27, 2014
    Northants
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    And that little ''bitch'' is the main reason Liverpool are where they are lol

Liverpool have a lot of work to do in the summer transfer window if they wish to stay as competitive as they have been this season, what with having European games on top.

10. TabLalas

TabLalas Member+

Mar 29, 2007
    Jersey
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Last time I checked Liverpool have always been about integrity and hard-work.
    Saurez has no integrity as a player.

11. Arsenal_NGA

Arsenal_NGA Member+

Jan 12, 2014
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Citeh and Chelsea matches will decide that.

If they win both, they will most likely win the title.

12. Arsenal_NGA

Arsenal_NGA Member+

Jan 12, 2014
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Suarez is their most important player and probably the closest player to Messi at the moment, without him they would not be even in the top 4.

13. TabLalas

TabLalas Member+

Mar 29, 2007
    Jersey
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm not disagreeing with that, I'm just saying that he's a little worm.
    Sturridge has been very important to them as well.

14. mozmmn

mozmmn New Member

Apr 7, 2014
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    the team isnot very good this year

15. mozmmn

mozmmn New Member

Apr 7, 2014
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    man city is great

16. PorraFutbol

PorraFutbol New Member

Apr 10, 2014
    Bangkok
    Club:
    Liverpool LFC
    Nat'l Team:
    Thailand
    One can only dream of what a great game would a LFC-Bayern final be if this Liverpool team played in the UCL this season.

Maybe next year...

17. owian

owian Member+

May 17, 2002
    San Diego
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

ahh thanks for that needed a good laugh on a Friday.
    Got any other good ones?

18. owian

owian Member+

May 17, 2002
    San Diego
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeh gotta make sure we take advantage of being in the champions league and spend well in the Transfer window. Don't want to waste 110 million like spurs :p

19. TabLalas

TabLalas Member+

Mar 29, 2007
    Jersey
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's hard to argue with Liverpool looking like the best team in the world right now.
    I'd take them over Bayern Munich or Real Madrid.
    They have the perfect mix of players right now, older guys with experience and the young guys who are just flying around with their hair on fire, constant motion, constant moving and interlinking play, there aren't any guys who are standing around waiting for "the other guy to do it" like you see with alot of clubs.
    Liverpool is doing alot right, right now.

20. EruditeHobo

EruditeHobo Member+

Mar 29, 2007
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    LFC defense wouldn't hold out in a tie against top European teams. They arent collectively on the same level as Bayern. Madrid, Barca, etc., and depth is another issue with them which will need to be addressed before next season. The attack is great, but you can't take that and leave the rest.

But can they win the league? Yes, of course. They just have to make history and win 14 straight matches in a single season and go undefeated in 2014 and defeat one of their greatest modern rivals and not let up against weaker tans on the road. No big deal!

Its so, so satisfying after some of the talk on here last summer about them not being even a top 4 team. Magic season.

21. Madman1

Madman1 Member

Feb 1, 2014
    London
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I agree about the defence, if you guys want to go Europe, need to bring in new defenders, your defense have been calamities, don't forget Bayern's defence is doing that good as of late.

Anyways do I think Liverpool can win it, there's good mometem, there only challenge is Chelsea on the 27, if they beat Chelsea that'll be it, they'll win it, Norwich next I believe a team struggling in the relegation, but believe me they'll do anything for 3 points, they need it to stay afloat, away for Liverpool to it'll hard

22. owian

owian Member+

May 17, 2002
    San Diego
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If defense of the defense, they get exposed by the tactics a lot. We are essentially playing with 4 attackers, 2 wingbacks and 2 box to box midfielders. Technically we play with a holding midfielder in Gerrard but he is not natural to that role and is more of a deep lying play maker then a screen for the defense. More than once we have essentially ignored the midfield and had 7 guys hell bent trying to get in and around the other sides 18 yard box. Our entire midfield has consisted of Stevie going "lil help here lads". So I agree our defense needs to get better, but I am not sure it is the players as much as a tweak in tactics.

Although BR has gotten it right so far. At the end of the day you will win every game that you outscore your opponents in. And that's what we have been doing. Even if it has been hard on the old heart.

23. Redsky1

Redsky1 New Member

Apr 19, 2014
    England
    Club:
    Liverpool LFC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Liverpool are top of the Premier League with 77 points from 34 games, and there are only 4 games remaining until the end of the season.

If they stay concentrated and effective and win all of their remaining matches, then they will be the 2013/2014 Premier League Champions. It is purely up to them to achieve their dream.

24. Magic11

Magic11 New Member

Apr 21, 2014
    I would be very surprised if they don't win the league this season.. although they do have a fragile defence.

25. KennyDalglish

KennyDalglish Member

Feb 2, 2007
    StuRridge has been important - there is no question about that. But Suarez has been phenomenal. He has scored 30 goals in 30 games. Liverpool was also awarded 10 penalties this season. Imagine if he was the penalty taker for Liverpool (gerrard takes penalties ) and he had played all matches this season. ( since he missed the start of the season)