Rumor: Will Kitsap Pumas lead a NW exit from the PDL?

Discussion in 'NPSL' started by GOALSeattle, Jul 31, 2016.

1. GOALSeattle

GOALSeattle Member

Oct 13, 2007
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    msilverstein47 repped this.
  2. GOALSeattle

GOALSeattle Member

Oct 13, 2007
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    UPDATE: The Sounders U23 have told goalWA.net: "We have no interest in moving over to the NPSL."

3. USRufnex

USRufnex Red Card

Tulsa Athletic / Sheffield United
    United States
    Jul 15, 2000
    Tulsa, OK
    Club:
    --other--
    Interesting two posts...

Here's the deal... PDL over NPSL is now, hell or highwater, a requirement for MLS any U23's.
    Somebody clearly has made it difficult or impossible for any MLS club to put its U23 team in the NPSL.
    Red Bulls and DC United had U23's in the NPSL and moved to PDL... I'd be shocked if Sounders U23's moved to NPSL. Houston Dynamo's U23 would be very welcome in the NPSL and it would probably be a better fit for them than PDL... however, there's something rotten in the state of Denmark, if you get my drift...

As for Kitsap Pumas, they may see that a move to NPSL beneficial if it saves them $, cuts some red tape, and allows for better rivalries... which would describe some reasons why New Orleans Jesters made a move a few years ago and Houston Dutch Lions made the move to NPSL this season.

4. ThePonchat

ThePonchat Member+

#ProRelForUSA
    United States
    Jan 10, 2013
    I've Been Everywhere Man
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Makes no sense for MLS to be involved in NPSL, they have a partnership with USL. It's not "difficult" or "impossible," it just makes no sense. There's partnerships for a reason. I'm sure PDL gets a great boost for having MLS teams involved with their League. I also imagine MLS clubs get a break in fees due to that partnership too.

Interesting happening to Madison 56ers who left NPSL...only to have a horrid season in PLA. What does that show to NPSL? Granted, teams change a lot from season to season...but, they have been a very successful club in NPSL.

5. GOALSeattle

GOALSeattle Member

Oct 13, 2007
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    FootySkeptic repped this.
  6. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    https://goalwashington.wordpress.co...-to-college-players-ahead-of-january-tryouts/

BREMERTON, WA—
    Kitsap Soccer Club
    recently declared their amateur status, ending 8 seasons in which they paid players to perform on their side. It was just latest of big announcements from the Bremerton outfit. Earlier they revealed they had left the PDL and joined the NPSL. The name “Pumas” is officially taking a break in 2017 in a parting agreement with the PDL.
    The amateur declaration will mean a completely new direction for KSC. No longer will they be tracking, chasing, and recruiting players who are out of college and looking for a pro stipend.

7. kenntomasch

kenntomasch Member+

Sep 2, 1999
    Out West
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So they paid players in an amateur league for eight years and won exactly one championship.

ThePonchat repped this.
  8. SJJ

SJJ Member

Sep 20, 1999
    Royal Oak, MI, USA
    Club:
    Michigan Bucks
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So my Kitsap-Pumas-at-the-PDL-Final-Four (hosted by Michigan Bucks) T-shirt is now a collector's item?

msilverstein47 repped this.