Will Ali Karimi be in Bayern's starting Eleven?

Discussion in 'Bayern Munich' started by Karimi_Is_God, May 3, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. scorpio81

scorpio81 Member

Sep 21, 2004
    London
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    oh, im sure you can get prawns in minneapolis, DF... its a great place for food...

i go up there often with some of my arab friends to this place called el bustan...
    great options around that area in general... very authentic...

iowa slightly different though - not nearly as diverse... the only place ivefound prawns is at a thai grocery - best selection of fresh seafood there is in des moines :D

this is our best seafood restaurant http://www.splash-seafood.com/home.htm

and no prawns there, either - tells you all, really ;)

2. ShaRule

ShaRule Member

May 5, 2005
    Belgium - Iran
    lol..they're talkin about food an' stuff in a ali karimi thread...well what the heck he is All Creamy!!

3. Dead Fingers

Dead Fingers Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 22, 2004
    St. Paul, Minnesota
    Club:
    Minnesota United FC
    I know about el Bustan, but have never been. I will have to check it out. As for prawns, hmmmmm??? yeah...the selection for prawns or any sea fish is not going to be spectacular, with the exception of some nice restaurants. Though, getting fresh saltwater fish and other seafood is not bad compared to what it used to be. The good thing is, is that we have some very tasty lake fish, sunfish, walleye, northern, etc....

4. Dead Fingers

Dead Fingers Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 22, 2004
    St. Paul, Minnesota
    Club:
    Minnesota United FC
    We knew you would catch on. :)

5. PacMan

PacMan Member

May 18, 2004
    Is Karimi good enough to take Ballacks spot in Bayern's formation.What about Scweinstager's position?

6. Dead Fingers

Dead Fingers Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 22, 2004
    St. Paul, Minnesota
    Club:
    Minnesota United FC
    I doubt it, but we will wait and see. Ballack is a guaranteed starter according to Magath. Schweinsteiger had a great year and will probably claim a starting place next year. But who knows, Magath may put Karimi somewhere else on the field. It will be interesting. Will he start or sub???? That is the question we will not be able to answer until July/August

7. BMGuy

BMGuy Member

Bayern Munich
    Sep 6, 2004
    vietnam
    Certainly not. Ballack is a central midfielder who is well ballanced with offense and defense. Karimi should be played as a striker or both wings. Maybe it's time Bayern try something new in tactics, like 4-3-3 when we desperately need to score a goal, then Karimi is the man.

8. Dead Fingers

Dead Fingers Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 22, 2004
    St. Paul, Minnesota
    Club:
    Minnesota United FC
    It will be interesting to see if Felix goes beyond 4-4-2 and 4-5-1 next season.

9. nekkibasara

nekkibasara Member+

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Virginia
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    What if he goes exclusively to 4-5-1. If Pizza leaves I could see this as a realistic formation for Bayern:

--------------Kahn
    Sagnol---Lucio---CB#2---Lahm
    ------------Demichelis
    Deisler-------Ballack----Schweini
    -----------------Karimi
    ---------Makaay

10. BMGuy

BMGuy Member

Bayern Munich
    Sep 6, 2004
    vietnam
    http://www.irna.ir/en/news/view/menu-238/0505120707145833.htm

Ali Karimi called his signing with Bayern Munich 'the dream of a lifetime' and voiced hope that the freshly crowned Bundesliga champs would win three titles next season.

"Bayern are among the five or six best clubs in the world. My dream of a lifetime has been fulfilled. I am more than happy. Millions of people in Iran are Bayern fans. I hope more can be added as a result of my engagement with the German champions," Karimi said in an interview with Thursday's edition of the daily Bild.

"A great club must always strive for the maximum. I want to win the Bundesliga title, the German elimination cup and also the European Champions League," Asia's Player of the Year added.

Karimi called also Bayern coach Felix Magath 'one of Europe's greatest coaches'.

"With the help of coach Magath, I will attain the necessary fitness which I will need for the Bundesliga. He will make me an even better player," he said.

The Iranian international stressed the key to his success at Bayern Munich was to quickly learn the German language.

"Soon I want to be able to chat in the locker-room with (my new teammates) Michael Ballack and Oliver Kahn," Karimi went on to say.

OT/2322/1432

11. Dead Fingers

Dead Fingers Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 22, 2004
    St. Paul, Minnesota
    Club:
    Minnesota United FC
    work on this
    Ich muss den Ball zu einem Spieler passen.

I hope I got that right :)

12. nekkibasara

nekkibasara Member+

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Virginia
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    As long as the Spieler that he passes to is on Bayern I agree. ;)

13. scorpio81

scorpio81 Member

Sep 21, 2004
    London
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    how did we get 133 votes on this topic???!!!???

:eek:

14. Dead Fingers

Dead Fingers Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 22, 2004
    St. Paul, Minnesota
    Club:
    Minnesota United FC
    :cool:
    replace einem with unserem

15. paolo guerrero 33 redded

May 6, 2005
    New Jersey
    He'll Be A Bench Player

16. anlas1

anlas1 Member

Aug 21, 2003
    New York

17. RyanBabel

RyanBabel Red Card

Mar 14, 2005
    Rotterdam, NL
    from Surinam m8 ;)

and yes the German have been more succesfull in the game :(

18. RyanBabel

RyanBabel Red Card

Mar 14, 2005
    Rotterdam, NL
    And it just depends how Karimi will manage in Munich. I read that Magath wants to use him as a offensive midfielder? Hopefully he is a good loyal teamplayer, cuz a striker like Makaay is nothing without decent supply from midfield :(

19. SirManchester

SirManchester Member+

Apr 14, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    well we probably got 100 just from his Iranian fans..hehe

also, lots of posts on this guy so far, and he's not even in Munchen yet.

20. paolo guerrero 33 redded

May 6, 2005
    New Jersey
    no bombs!!

21. ShaRule

ShaRule Member

May 5, 2005
    Belgium - Iran
    is maghat always so excited about a new player? cuz he said many good things about karimi and what he's planning to do with him....

22. scorpio81

scorpio81 Member

Sep 21, 2004
    London
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    ill tell you im pretty excited about him as well...

hes an absolute unknown and hes definitely got the skill... he seems to have the right attitude as well, based on a post of one of his interviews this morning...

if he works out, he could become a real problem for opponents and a bit of a trump card, being such an unknown quantity...

absolutely worth the gamble, if you ask me - cos we got him on a free, as well...

23. Dead Fingers

Dead Fingers Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 22, 2004
    St. Paul, Minnesota
    Club:
    Minnesota United FC
    Well its a good deal all the way around.

I don't remember the last time I heard a coach NOT be excited about an incoming player.

Let's hope it goes well!

24. nekkibasara

nekkibasara Member+

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Virginia
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Agreed. This transfer is really exciting. With a player like Karimi behind Makaay Bayern's attack will be a force to be reckoned with.

25. arthur d

arthur d Member

Oct 17, 2004
    Cambridge England
    Surinam, you don't say? My grandfather has been there. He liked it, especially the funny little heads on a string and the drink that was fermented using the chief woman's spittle. I remember his last letter back, before he decided to befriend the people on the neighbouring island (called something like Bornholm) and was never seen again.

Successful - not to worry, your time will come. If not in this century, then definitely in the next one. I love Dutch football and wish it all the best.