Will Ali Karimi be in Bayern's starting Eleven?

Discussion in 'Bayern Munich' started by Karimi_Is_God, May 3, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dead Fingers

Dead Fingers Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 22, 2004
    St. Paul, Minnesota
    Club:
    Minnesota United FC

Is the "aa" kind of like an extended "ah"? and before I forget..do they have the same types of gender issues, such as der-die-das?

2. Dead Fingers

Dead Fingers Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 22, 2004
    St. Paul, Minnesota
    Club:
    Minnesota United FC
    Well, meine Frau ist Krank and I must attend to her. But, before I go, isn't it funny that how this thread went from Ali Karimi to All Creamy and we went from Dutch to German to English?

Guten Abend!

3. arthur d

arthur d Member

Oct 17, 2004
    Cambridge England
    Your wife has a good taste... I can recommend Tuscany for a romantic holiday. Which doesn't mix with watching the WC of course. Ah well.

I went to the States for a school exchange, but studied in Germany, Switzerland and Scotland.

4. arthur d

arthur d Member

Oct 17, 2004
    Cambridge England
    Gute Nacht! Und gute Besserung fuer Deine Frau!

5. Catfish

Catfish Member

Oct 1, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Isn't Dutch related to German linguistically? Take it easy Dutchmen on BigSoccer...I know you don't want to be associated AT ALL with the large country to the East...lol.

6. arthur d

arthur d Member

Oct 17, 2004
    Cambridge England
    Yes, Dutch is very similar to Lower German. The split was around 1400, after which German evolved to the more advanced language that it is now. Luckily, Dutch football had some input from Sumatra (?) so they almost managed to keep up with the German level at least in this respect, keeping the rivalry at a luke warm level over the years.

7. jrod69

jrod69 Member

Feb 19, 2005
    NYC

so how many languages do you know Arthur?

8. arthur d

arthur d Member

Oct 17, 2004
    Cambridge England
    Why? I like learning them, but I forget them very fast as well. I have tried to get a grip with English, Dutch, French, Italian, Portuguese, Greek and Swedish over the past few years but with very varying success...

9. jrod69

jrod69 Member

Feb 19, 2005
    NYC
    O nothing I was just wondering since apparantly you are German living in England and know Dutch but anyway very impressive all those languages

10. Dead Fingers

Dead Fingers Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 22, 2004
    St. Paul, Minnesota
    Club:
    Minnesota United FC

overachieving goody-goody. :)

I bet you always sat in the front of the classroom!

11. arthur d

arthur d Member

Oct 17, 2004
    Cambridge England
    Actually I sat on the teacher's lap all the time. Nah not really. I hated laguages when I was at school, especially English, but then I started liking them when I went to California for a school exchange so it's become sort of a hobby. I am crap at it though, it's just for fun. Bah. I shouldn't have answered his question.

Good result for Bayern today. Pity Roy couldn't find his form just a little bit earlier.

12. balla

balla Member

Sep 16, 2004
    Melbourne,Australia
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Dutch is in between English and German IMO.

13. arthur d

arthur d Member

Oct 17, 2004
    Cambridge England
    Yep. But it's much closer to German than to English. It's a German dialect really. :)

14. Dead Fingers

Dead Fingers Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 22, 2004
    St. Paul, Minnesota
    Club:
    Minnesota United FC
    They rely too much on him. The others need to pick it up...especially for the Champions League. :(

15. arthur d

arthur d Member

Oct 17, 2004
    Cambridge England
    I hope Uli digs up a great new defender somewhere, that is what really cost Bayern against Chelsea anyway.

How is your weekend going? Hope your wife is getting better! I haven't managed to throw my gf's brother into the river yet, but I'll do that tomorrow. Today I actually cooked dinner for them, aren't I nice.

16. Dead Fingers

Dead Fingers Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 22, 2004
    St. Paul, Minnesota
    Club:
    Minnesota United FC

I'm not too worried about a defender to tell you the truth. Someone solid, good in the air. Someone should just ask Lucio who he would like to work with? ......they probably have.

You cooked them dinner. hehe.... getting them primed before you whip a surprise on them. The wife is stable. Thank you for asking. I might have to go get her some ice cream though. :)

What did you cook? I am going to be making some scones for my mother (it's Mothers Day tomorrow here in the States). I also make a nice Weixenkeimbrot I might add.

17. arthur d

arthur d Member

Oct 17, 2004
    Cambridge England
    Ice creams always helps. :)

I made grilled king prawns in bacon with sour cream, spring onion and lime dip, and some chicken/mushroom/pepper fajitas with guacamole and tomato salsa... Europeanised Mexican food... went down well though, just as he will tomorrow.

How do you make the bread, do you have a bread machine? We just bought one, great stuff! Finally some good bread rather than the usual English nonsense.

Thanks for reminding me of mother's day. Oops.

18. scorpio81

scorpio81 Member

Sep 21, 2004
    London
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    interesting :)

the only way ive made prawns is as traditional indian coconut and lime inspired curry, or sauteed in a butter garlic sauce...

have to make do with shrimp out here, btw... no word of prawns over in iowa :D

19. Dead Fingers

Dead Fingers Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 22, 2004
    St. Paul, Minnesota
    Club:
    Minnesota United FC

Europeanised Mexican food? Brilliant!!!!

I've been actually really good and doing it all by hand. The recipe that I have for the Weixenkeimbrot is fairly simple and is a quick bread.....but fairly tasty. I have a great blender for mixing and hanging the bread.
    Yes, the Anglo-American bread is pretty weak. :eek:

20. arthur d

arthur d Member

Oct 17, 2004
    Cambridge England
    Sounds good! You should visit Germany, if you like bread and beer and football you'll have a good time.

What I really miss is sourdough bread. We are working on it... it's a bit of a struggle to get the sourdough starter right though, you have to leave flour and water to rot for about a week and hope that the funghi grow more slowly than the bacteria (depends on the temperature which is difficult to control in our house). It has worked last time though...

21. arthur d

arthur d Member

Oct 17, 2004
    Cambridge England
    Must sound strange if you're from India, but is actually very tasty. Bacon with king prawns is a great combination.

I also like curry with king prawns, coconut and green chilis... strange that you can't get any prawns in Iowa! There must be some places that sell them surely!

22. Dead Fingers

Dead Fingers Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 22, 2004
    St. Paul, Minnesota
    Club:
    Minnesota United FC
    ummmmm. I agree!!!!! :)

Making bread or penicillin? :D

23. arthur d

arthur d Member

Oct 17, 2004
    Cambridge England
    Yes, that's the suspense... :)

24. Dead Fingers

Dead Fingers Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 22, 2004
    St. Paul, Minnesota
    Club:
    Minnesota United FC
    Hell we can get em! And I am just a couple hundred miles north.

25. arthur d

arthur d Member

Oct 17, 2004
    Cambridge England
    Yes I was a bit surprised.....

anyway have to go to bed now, otherwise it'll be me who falls into the river tomorrow. :)