Will Ali Karimi be in Bayern's starting Eleven?

Discussion in 'Bayern Munich' started by Karimi_Is_God, May 3, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SirManchester

SirManchester Member+

Apr 14, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    depends who is leaving......maybe 11 if Ze departs or even 24 if Santa Cruz doesn't stay, etc.

2. NUFCBayern

NUFCBayern Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 9, 2004
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    How about Kovac's 5?

3. 우리말2006

우리말2006 Red Card

May 5, 2005
    SK
    Karimi will play a few games in the start of the season to see how he does and show that no mistake was made (again) but after a few games he will be warming the fine pine next to the other guy Hasimian, bring a book.

4. 우리말2006

우리말2006 Red Card

May 5, 2005
    SK
    LOL :D

5. NUFCBayern

NUFCBayern Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 9, 2004
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    You think Hashemian be wearing Munich red next season? I think he'll be wearing Hannover red...

6. footyfan1

footyfan1 BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I agree. But I've also heard Bielefeld will come strong for Hashemian too.

7. Funeral_Portrait

Funeral_Portrait New Member

May 3, 2005
    I think a deciding factor for Karimi will be his 3 months of summer training with the club.

If he proves to be in the same league, he will get a starting position behind the striker after some games of coming as a sub.

8. ShaRule

ShaRule Member

May 5, 2005
    Belgium - Iran
  9. ArsenalTexan3

ArsenalTexan3 Member

Arsenal
    Sep 24, 2002
    Jakarta
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    As long as someone gets a laugh.

10. Mani

Mani BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 1, 2004
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Look what Magath says about Karimi!

http://www.persianfootball.com/readstory.php?storyid=EEEVFkpkElKmyDMdcr

11. arthur d

arthur d Member

Oct 17, 2004
    Cambridge England
    The Handelsblatt is a reliable source. Here's the whole thing in German:

http://www.handelsblatt.com/pshb/fn...d/200271/docid/139566/SH/0/depot/0/index.html

Große Erwartungen hat Magath an den Iraner Ali Karimi, den die Bayern Anfang der Woche als zweiten Neuzugang für die kommende Saison nach Philipp Lahm verpflichteten. "Er ist kein Mittelfeld-, sondern ein Offensiv-Spieler, der hängende Spitze, aber auch auf der linken oder rechten Seite spielen kann", beschrieb Magath die Qualitäten des 26-jährigen Angreifers: "Seine Dribbling-Stärke ist genau das, was wir brauchen. Wir haben uns in dieser Saison oft schwer getan gegen Mannschaften, die hinten drin stehen. Da braucht man einen, der Löcher reißt."

Ze Roberto vor Verlängerung

Ali Karimi erzielte für den Iran in 87 Länderspielen 32 Tore und ist Asiens Fußballer des Jahres. Das Gedränge im Mittelfeld der Münchner, das schon in dieser Saison groß war, wird durch den 1,79m großen Dribbel-Künstler sicher nicht kleiner. Zumal der Brasilianer Ze Roberto, der vom spanischen Erstligisten Atletico Madrid umworben wurde, seinen Vertrag beim FC Bayern voraussichtlich verlängern wird. "Wir wollen ihn weiter verpflichten, er möchte gerne bleiben", erklärte Magath am Donnerstag.

So Ze will stay after all?

12. Dead Fingers

Dead Fingers Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 22, 2004
    St. Paul, Minnesota
    Club:
    Minnesota United FC
    I think there was talk of a one year extension.

13. SirManchester

SirManchester Member+

Apr 14, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Perfect, we can play him on the wings then.

14. eissman

eissman Member+

Feb 5, 2004
    Illinois
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This one short clip is hardly a reflection of a player overall, however, this is the first I have seen of this guy...

... so...

... judging by this clip, I would say he seems to be a larger, stronger version of Scholl - elusive on the dribble, ball at his control, great agility and ability to read spaces to penetrate, and cheeky (I like how he beats two defenders, pulls the ball back, then knifes back the other way in between the same two defenders).

I would like to see more before my final judgment.

15. Mani

Mani BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 1, 2004
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
  16. eissman

eissman Member+

Feb 5, 2004
    Illinois
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Thanks... unable so far to see this one... however I checked on the earlier thread about Karimi (you know... the only that got shutdown) and there was a link to a Futbol Mundial documentary. Quite impressive.

I would agree with my initial assessment. I think this guy is special in a way that not many other players for Munich are. He is a pure dribbler that if playing behind the forwards can really do some extreme damage and free up Michael Ballack. It looks as though he can play up top as well. It will be interesting to find some footage that show him defending, since this is essential at some point and time.

Yes.. the question will remain whether or not he can adapt to life in Germany and playing in the Bundesliga, Champions League. I personally think that he is young and inspired to move forward, and Magath rewards such things and really seems to enlist the respect of players that want the challenge (take your pick - Ballack, Schweiny, Sagnol, Scholl, Demichelis, etc.)

The question also will be who will now leave and who will stay? What formation will be play if he is to crack the starting lineup. If we are going towards the days of Ballack at Leverkusen, does that mean we are going to play a 3-5-2 or a 4-5-1??? Interesting and exciting the prospects are....

I do think this guy will prove his worth.

17. nicephoras

nicephoras A very stable genius

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    Eastern Seaboard of Yo! Semite
    He has every sign of becoming the next Denilson.

18. F96

F96 Member+

Oct 24, 2002
    Skåne
    Club:
    Hannover 96
  19. ShaRule

ShaRule Member

May 5, 2005
    Belgium - Iran
    :confused:

20. fatdanny99

fatdanny99 New Member

Nov 5, 2004
    US
    ..........................Kahn
    .................Kuffor.........Lucio
    Sagnol...........................................Lamb
    Shweinsteiger..Frings..Ballack..Ze Roberto
    .................................Karimi
    ........................Makaay

This would look fantastic.

21. nekkibasara

nekkibasara Member+

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Virginia
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I like it. I really feel for Magath, because with all of the talent that Bayern posseses it is really hard to decide what formation to use and who to play.

22. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Originally Posted by fatdanny99
    ..........................Kahn
    .................Kuffor.........Lucio
    Sagnol.................................. .........Lamb
    Shweinsteiger..Frings..Ballack..Ze Roberto
    .................................Karimi
    ........................Makaay

This would look fantastic.

Replace Kuffour with Juan, Balde or Demechelis. Rumors in Germany say Kuffour is going to join Inter.

23. ShaRule

ShaRule Member

May 5, 2005
    Belgium - Iran
    I really hope BM will get Balde! he's just fine for bayern!

24. eissman

eissman Member+

Feb 5, 2004
    Illinois
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If and only if Frings and Ballack could simply play the middle together effectively... this does not and has not worked for Bayern... why it works on the National team and not Bayern I will never know.

Kuffour is good as gone... Demichelis will be in the lineup as well.

25. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Doesn't Frings play out on the wing for the national team???

This biggest Kuffour rumor I'm getting out of Germany at this time has Kuffour joining Inter. I wouldn't be too sure about Demichelis playing next season. I hear he was that big of a disappointment and Bayern are looking to pilfer Leverkusen once again. This time for Juan. If Martin Demichelis is still at Bayern next season, according to my friends, he'll be lucky and probably nothing more than a bench player. That's if they don't get Juan or maybe Balde. If Bayern don't get anyone else, then yes, Demichelis might get one more chance.