Wilhelmsson

Discussion in 'Belgium' started by Bigpapa42, Dec 20, 2004.

1. Bigpapa42

Bigpapa42 Member

Dec 15, 2004
    The Wastes of Canada
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
  2. panicfc

panicfc Member+

Dec 22, 2000
    In my chair, typing
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  3. Bigpapa42

Bigpapa42 Member

Dec 15, 2004
    The Wastes of Canada
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Not bad money. Now, whether or not Anderlecht have someone of quality to replace Wilehmsson...?

4. tomo

tomo New Member

May 25, 2004
    ANTWERP, BELGIUM
    Not really. Mbo Mpenza can play the position and they also have Jonathan Legear, one of the most promising youngsters, but he has only become 17 recently. He has played some games in the first team though (to fill up the blank space on the left wing) and performed quite allright. His best position is right wing however.

But seriously... Tottenham? They are interested in everyone who plays two good games in a row.

5. panicfc

panicfc Member+

Dec 22, 2000
    In my chair, typing
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Tottenham..always linked to the flavor of the week.

6. destekke

destekke New Member

Dec 28, 2004
    besides,

wilhelmsson is the second best player at anderlecht.
    he should cost twice as much.

at least

7. afgrijselijkheid

Dec 29, 2002
    mokum
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    should maxwell leave this summer, i would expect AJAX to go after him bigtime

8. destekke

destekke New Member

Dec 28, 2004
    Maxwell is left defender , left midfielder
    Wilhelmsson is right midfielder, right forward

but wilhelmsson can play on the left too, but it's just not his good side

9. KanzlerKai

KanzlerKai New Member

Jan 18, 2005
    Wilhelmsson himself claims to be rather underpaid at Anderlecht...and to be honest, the man has the qualities AND experience to make it outside Belgium. It's his time to have a shot at the big competitions...but Anderlecht won't let him go just like that, they've got too many players now demanding for a transfer to a bigger club...

10. tomo

tomo New Member

May 25, 2004
    ANTWERP, BELGIUM
    I suppose they will let him, Kompany, Aruna and perhaps even Baseggio (not to forget Jestrovic) go for some good money during summer break. Fact is, when I look at this sum up of players that might leave, I have good faith that Kompany might be adding another year at Anderlecht. He's only 19, so it's not impossible.
    It's no secret the wages at Anderlecht aren't too high. I myself believe their major income comes from the CL, which was a total disaster for Anderlecht this year.

Talking about replacing those players. Possible signings are IMHO (so not official, mere prediction) Marius Mitu from Lierse, Dragutinovic from Standard, Ndri Romaric from Beveren (although they are not likely to sign players from their team), Benjamin de Ceulaer from St-Truiden (St-Trond), Moussa Dembele from GBA (he might be too young, only 17), Daniel Cruz from GBA, Aristide Bancé from Lokeren and yes, I'm sorry to spoil all the fun for you guys, but the transfer of the year will be... the return of Jan 'Bigfoot' Koller.

11. KanzlerKai

KanzlerKai New Member

Jan 18, 2005

I don't think that'll be the issue...Anderlecht's major income is derived from PARTICIPATION in the Champions League, not so much from the game bonuses...

12. tomo

tomo New Member

May 25, 2004
    ANTWERP, BELGIUM
    That's Anderlecht's income, I was talking about the player income.

13. Belgian guy

Belgian guy Member+

Club Brugge
    Belgium
    Aug 19, 2002
    Belgium
    Club:
    Club Brugge KV
    I'm kind of hoping that Club might buy Marius Mitu. We need a creative injection in midfield. Blondel and Vlaeminck could provide that, but they both seem too lightweight to carry a team for an entire season.

14. tomo

tomo New Member

May 25, 2004
    ANTWERP, BELGIUM

Mm, and what about Ceh? Or do you expect him to go at the end of the season? IMHO, Blondel is ready for a full season and Vlaeminck is a very good backup. Let's not forget that you also have Roelands for this position.

Anderlecht seems to be the only top club in Belgium that has nobody for this position, unless you take Baseggio or the (possibly, although he stated otherwise two weeks ago) retiring Zetterberg.

Fact is that Mitu is a wonderful player. If he gets confidence from the coach he can get some magic out of his shoes.