Why you cannot buy a poster of any US Nat Player

Discussion in 'USA Men: Fans & Travel' started by Charles, Sep 11, 2002.

1. Charles

Charles Member

Oct 4, 2000
    Idaho
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This is my quest---to purchase an official poster of a US Men's National Team member. (Not the whole team with little tiny pictures).

YOU KNOW WHAT?

YOU CAN'T!!

For the love of...CAN ANYONE OUT THERE TELL ME WHY THIS IS?

2. Ringo

Ringo Member

Jun 10, 2002
    Rough and Ready
    Club:
    Yeovil Town FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ussoccer.com says they're coming soon. take a deep breath and be patient. find a hobby or something.

3. Sachin

Sachin New Member

Jan 14, 2000
    La Norte
    Club:
    DC United
    But I'm angry now....

Sachin

4. Ringo

Ringo Member

Jun 10, 2002
    Rough and Ready
    Club:
    Yeovil Town FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

quoting homer simpson is ALWAYS the right way to go

5. soccerdome

soccerdome New Member

I know at totalposter.com they have 1 (or 2.) I'll try to find a link.

6. Fussballman 7

Fussballman 7 Member

Oct 29, 2000
    Dresden, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    USA Poster

Actually you can find good posters of the US National Team. I have this one in my dorm room http://www.totalposter.com/zoom.jsp?cp=1.10.193.205&s=0&p=4075&i=4 . It is the US as they line up before the Germany game. Also, I have one of Mastroeni. Totalposter.com is a great site to get posters of the World Cup. I highly recommend it.

7. soccerdome

soccerdome New Member

8. Charles

Charles Member

Oct 4, 2000
    Idaho
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thank you people

Yeah, well---I'm not talking about the Total Poster people---I already have a group shot of the team, taken before a qualifier. (When people look at it, they ask, gee, who's that---your old college team?)

I'm talking about a real POSTER, you know, with things like the PLAYER'S NAME on it,

I DON'T THINK THAT'S TOO MUCH TO ASK.

9. JoBeck

JoBeck New Member

Jul 24, 2000
    Wesschessduh
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: Thank you people

You're scaring them.

10. ToddP25

ToddP25 Member

Apr 19, 1999
    Richmond, VA

Fixed....

11. AndyMead

AndyMead Homo Sapien

Nov 2, 1999
    Seat 12A
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City

post·er
    n.
    A large, usually printed placard, bill, or announcement, often illustrated, that is posted to advertise or publicize something.
    An artistic work, often a reproduction of an original painting or photograph, printed on a large sheet of paper.

Source: The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition Copyright © 2000 by Houghton Mifflin Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Company. All rights reserved.

12. Ringo

Ringo Member

Jun 10, 2002
    Rough and Ready
    Club:
    Yeovil Town FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

isn't it time for mommy to give you your bottle?

13. pweakland

pweakland Member

Feb 17, 2000
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i understand what charles is saying, and i agree. totalposter seems fine, but it'll cost you like $40 to get a poster size print. seems like nike or the ussf could make some nice, reasonably priced posters of donovan, mathis, friedel, whomever...

14. Charles

Charles Member

Oct 4, 2000
    Idaho
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Everybody's a wiseass

You folks seem to be fairly committed to the idea that soccer in the United States should be given the respect it deserves as a sport, as a way of life, if you will, or else you wouldn't be cruising these boards.

All that is being put forth in this thread is an effort to call attention to an utterly outrageous fact (for which I am now being called "a baby" and "a whiner"--is it the attempt at emphasis through the use of capital letters that causes you such consternation?):

The fact is this: despite our US National Team's best ever performance in a world cup, and unprecedented attention by the mainstream media, it is, in fact, impossible to purchase a promotional poster of the type commonly produced by virtually every sports league in the world for their stars, for the men of the US's World Cup Team.

If one thing points up the complete and utter incompetence of soccer's governing bodies in this country any more completely and succinctly, please tell me what that might be.

The only thing that is, at this point, even more interesting to me, is the fact that an apparent majority of my fellow BS'ers (if I may be so familiar as to refer to my detractors, thus) seem to care so little about this interesting state of affairs, that I am simply dismissed as a whiner for even mentioning it!

Ok, you can all go back to hunching over your keyboards in grave and solomn contemplation of the extent of Claudio's most recent groin injury. The fact that a 7th grade class in Topeka can't even buy an official poster of him with his name on it, as he represented the US in the 2002 World Cup, apparently doesn't concern you in the least!

15. ToddP25

ToddP25 Member

Apr 19, 1999
    Richmond, VA
    You asked where to buy a poster......people pointed you to a website......these apparently weren't good enough.....You then becam e a whiner.......now let it go......

16. AndyMead

AndyMead Homo Sapien

Nov 2, 1999
    Seat 12A
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Re: Everybody's a wiseass

What the hell are you ranting about. A poster of Claudio Reyna is just that. What does "having his name on it" mean?

Man, you got problems.

17. Charles

Charles Member

Oct 4, 2000
    Idaho
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just so we're clear

Andy:

Just so we're clear---I've got problems because I'd like to see our team honored by getting their own promotional posters which kids could put up on their walls, instead of Eminem, or A-Rod...

And the fact that I can buy a blown-up snap-shot somewhere should just tickle me,

Right?

And to think I even subscribed to your rag...

18. Blythe

Blythe Member

Sep 12, 2002
    East Coast
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nope, it doesn't seem you can buy any US mens posters. So try finding them for free! At the moment, your best bet is either the little ones in kiddy soccer magazines, or give-aways at soccer stores. I got a lovely (free) poster the other day. Granted, it was MLS Strikeforce, but the players on it are all on the USMNT. And you can actually see their faces, unlike those team posters.

Eventually they'll make 'em. For now, comfort yourself with the freebies.

19. Charles

Charles Member

Oct 4, 2000
    Idaho
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks

Thanks, Blythe--and welcome to BigSoccer!

Already got the freebies, by the way.

20. Ringo

Ringo Member

Jun 10, 2002
    Rough and Ready
    Club:
    Yeovil Town FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think people agree with your point ... i'd like a USMNT poster too but facts are facts and the fact is both of your first two posts were all caps, full-fledged whines. it's not the message, it's the delivery. that's why we called you a baby. nice to see you acting your age now, though.

21. soccerdome

soccerdome New Member

Action

Agreed. We all want posters at a reasonable price. It's just gonna take a while. But, if we really want something, we could always write to Adidas, Nike, etc. instead of "whining." I did a thread a while ago about Nike not having any US players on that Sercret Tournament advertisment thing. (For those who get Eurosport, notice no US players were on that poster either a few months back.) So you see, something can and should be done. Just try to stay positive though (I know sometimes I don't.) And in the meantime, lots of things can be done with freebies. I make a MLS scrapbook every year. :)

22. AngelN

AngelN New Member

Oct 14, 1999
    Re: Just so we're clear

what, are "real" posters taken with enormous cameras or something?

23. BenReilly

BenReilly New Member

Apr 8, 2002
    Re: Everybody's a wiseass

I'm too busy comtemplating a solution for World Peace to worry about the poster problem.

Buy the 7th graders this:

http://www.totalposter.com/zoom.jsp?cp=1.10.193.191.198&s=0&p=3953&i=1

24. BenReilly

BenReilly New Member

Apr 8, 2002
    Re: Re: Just so we're clear

Now you know!!