Why the Republicans shouldn't use new media

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Events' started by superdave, Jun 16, 2009.

Tags:
  1. flowergirl

flowergirl Member+

Aug 11, 2004
    panama city, FL
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We just recently had to replace our Camry. My husband was so sad. It was 19 years old. We almost got a 4 year old suv, but the engine didn't sound quite right and if we were going to have a car payment we wanted something that was as young as possible without being new. Got a 1 year old civic. It works fine and we'll probably have it forever.
    The humidity and salt air really does kill things quicker. I had a car where I couldn't keep the rear view mirror on because it was so hot and no matter what glue we tried it just wouldn't stay up for very long.

dapip repped this.
  2. ceezmad

ceezmad Member+

Mar 4, 2010
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Also the Congo is one of the biggest producers of it.

We all have electronics made with metals mined by slave labor, hurrey technology.

The big battery producers are working hard on reducing the amount of cobalt and increasing production capacity.

3. CFnwside

CFnwside Member+

Jan 25, 2001
    Humboldt Park
    Cars are a relic of the 20th century!

Road bike to get around town, and one of these to take the kiddo to school:

images.jpeg

You're welcome. :thumbsup::)

4. flowergirl

flowergirl Member+

Aug 11, 2004
    panama city, FL
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I go 35 miles a day just to get my kid to school and back. That shit ain't cuttin it.

dapip repped this.
  5. CFnwside

CFnwside Member+

Jan 25, 2001
    Humboldt Park
    Yikes!! It's three miles to my kid's school. My long trip is five miles to Whole Foods because we live in a shitty neighborhood without good groceries.

6. Cascarino's Pizzeria

Apr 29, 2001
    New Jersey, USA
    Well if you leave around 5 AM it could work. Slacker!

dapip repped this.
  7. Cascarino's Pizzeria

Apr 29, 2001
    New Jersey, USA
    Does the child sit in the front or back basket? Where do you put the French loaves then?

dapip repped this.
  8. song219

song219 BigSoccer Supporter

Apr 5, 2004
    La Norte
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Vanuatu
    No because if she did that she would get calves the size of cantaloupes and someone would try to deport her.

Auriaprottu, dapip, ElJefe and 2 others repped this.
  9. CFnwside

CFnwside Member+

Jan 25, 2001
    Humboldt Park
    Hahaha! The French loaf goes right up the keister. OBVIOUSLY!

10. Cascarino's Pizzeria

Apr 29, 2001
    New Jersey, USA
    Trump had some Latino Day deal at the WH today with a bunch of Tio Tomases out in the audience. Was goofily trying to roll his Rs when saying Puerto Rico. :rolleyes:

11. Cascarino's Pizzeria

Apr 29, 2001
    New Jersey, USA
    I'm not a fan of Butella.

And I hope you're decked out properly on your jaunts

frenchman-cycling-down-country-lane-with-french-bread-baguettes-and-A9NET1.jpg

12. CFnwside

CFnwside Member+

Jan 25, 2001
    Humboldt Park
    Ugh... I read Le Monde.

13. ElJefe

ElJefe Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 16, 1999
    Colorful Colorado
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [​IMG]

CFnwside, dapip and Cascarino's Pizzeria repped this.
  14. Cascarino's Pizzeria

Apr 29, 2001
    New Jersey, USA
    Cruz campaign spokesman said that when he criticized Trump during the Republican primaries, he'd get a lot of Russian bot activity on his twitter.

Ron Nehring, campaign spokesman for Texas Sen. Ted Cruz during the 2016 presidential campaign, said Tuesday that online trolls of unclear origin flooded his Twitter feed whenever he was critical of then-candidate Donald Trump, but not when he attacked other GOP candidates.

“If I had said something critical about Marco Rubio, or John Kasich, or Ben Carson, there was no response on Twitter whatsoever, dead,” Nehring said about his cable news appearances on behalf of Cruz during last year’s campaign. “However, if I was critical of Donald Trump, I would get a torrent of negative comments on Twitter.”

https://www.rollcall.com/news/policy/cruz-spokesman-saw-suspicious-twitter-activity-2016-campaign

15. dapip

dapip Member+

Sep 5, 2003
    South Florida
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    We're lucky. My commute is 10 miles each way but I have to be at work at 7:30. School is halfway but daycare is one mile from us, which is a problem when, like today, they call you because your child has a fever, since it is 9 miles away.

The other problem is that traffic in Miami is horrible all over the place, so in the mornings I'm already hitting heavy traffic before 7 am. Imagine riding a bicycle for 10 miles, with few bike paths, high humidity/rain and probably the worst drivers in the US. It's been raining almost non stop the whole week.

Adding insult to injury, most streets are clear from hurricane debris, but guess where our model citizens and workers have placed broken fences and trees? I tried to jog outside the park area yesterday and had to climb over the leftovers of 3 broken trees.

flowergirl repped this.
  16. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  17. flowergirl

flowergirl Member+

Aug 11, 2004
    panama city, FL
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's actually only about 9 miles there but I don't work so I pick him up and drop him off and return home unless I have errands. And he goes go a charter, hence why it's not near us. His zoned school is about a quarter mile away.

18. russ

russ Member+

Feb 26, 1999
    Canton,NY
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [QUOTE="flowergirl, post: 35936000, member: 46]
    The humidity and salt air really does kill things quicker. I had a car where I couldn't keep the rear view mirror on because it was so hot and no matter what glue we tried it just wouldn't stay up for very long.[/QUOTE]
    I had a similar problem but was all winter that it was so cold glue wouldn't hold the mirror on.

19. flowergirl

flowergirl Member+

Aug 11, 2004
    panama city, FL
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I had a similar problem but was all winter that it was so cold glue wouldn't hold the mirror on.[/QUOTE]
    Damn, that's cold.

dapip repped this.
  20. Cascarino's Pizzeria

Apr 29, 2001
    New Jersey, USA
    #3120 Cascarino's Pizzeria, Oct 11, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2017
    It's old media. But Megyn Kelly is wrecking NBCs morning ratings:

http://pagesix.com/2017/10/10/megyn-kelly-is-destroying-nbcs-morning-ratings/

When Fox "personalities" leave the Mother Ship they tend to fare poorly. Greta von Whatever lasted 5 minutes on msnbc and was boring-as-hell.

And it should be noted that Tamron Hall was booted from that slot by Megyn and had much better ratings. A commenter sums it up:

Racist white woman takes beloved black woman’s job and tanks while raking in $17M (certainly more, tbh). America.

usscouse, dapip, rslfanboy and 1 other person repped this.
  21. song219

song219 BigSoccer Supporter

Apr 5, 2004
    La Norte
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Vanuatu
    What is it about the Egyptian pyramids and Republican politicians?
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/poli...ing-for-congress/ar-AAtB8DO?OCID=ansmsnnews11

dapip repped this.
  22. superdave

superdave Member+

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  23. JohnR

JohnR Member+

Jun 23, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    Now it's all falling into place.

[​IMG]

Auriaprottu and Dr. Wankler repped this.
  24. Dr. Wankler

Dr. Wankler Member+

May 2, 2001
    The Electric City
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
  25. soccernutter

soccernutter Moderator
    Staff Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    Aug 22, 2001
    Near the mountains.
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I would also like to point out that we on the left would like to see this guy fired. Those on the right would say that VOA should be defunded.