Why the Republicans shouldn't use new media

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Events' started by superdave, Jun 16, 2009.

Tags:
  1. dapip

dapip Member+

Sep 5, 2003
    South Florida
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I didn't take a picture, but a Nexo Knight attacked me from behind last night...

2. InTheSun

InTheSun Member+

Oct 20, 2005
    The Andes Mountains
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    LOL. I spoke from experience!

dapip repped this.
  3. usscouse

usscouse BigSoccer Supporter

May 3, 2002
    Orygun coast
    II gave my brothers kid a big tin drum for Xmas. My sister in law hates me:)

flowergirl repped this.
  4. HerthaBerwyn

HerthaBerwyn Member+

May 24, 2003
    Chicago
    My brothers and I had a malted-milk-ball fight in the house once. They had to be mouth wet to fly right and stick to anything.

5. American Brummie

Jun 19, 2009
    There Be Dragons Here
    Club:
    Birmingham City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    A greek tragedy pot roast with a side of Wagnerian drama salad, please!

6. JohnR

JohnR Member+

Jun 23, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    Even the American right wouldn't be so clueless as to re-elect that guy, because it tells them what it wants to hear .... no?

American Brummie repped this.
  7. chaski

chaski Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 20, 2000
    redacted
    Club:
    Lisburn Distillery FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Turks and Caicos Islands
    Another Congressman betrayed by his staff.

xtomx, flowergirl, ElJefe and 3 others repped this.
  8. Dr. Wankler

Dr. Wankler Member+

May 2, 2001
    The Electric City
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    That's Rick Santorum's old district. So we'll see just how much "values" actually mean to "values voters."

9. Q*bert Jones III

Q*bert Jones III The People's Poet

Feb 12, 2005
    Woodstock, NY
    Club:
    DC United
    Not taking that bet.

bigredfutbol, russ, JohnR and 1 other person repped this.
  10. JohnR

JohnR Member+

Jun 23, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    I'll be honest. I expect the guy to be re-elected. I will be pleasantly surprised if he is not.

dapip repped this.
  11. taosjohn

taosjohn Member+

Dec 23, 2004
    taos,nm
    I don't think it is even irrational for such a voter to vote for him.

I have myself voted for people because I thought they would vote "my" way even though I doubted they were doing so for "genuine" reasons...

12. spejic

spejic Cautionary example

Mar 1, 1999
    San Rafael, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Ha ha ha.

13. JohnR

JohnR Member+

Jun 23, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    Similar to this case, where the candidate makes it out as a moral imperative? I mean, this isn't garden-variety hypocrisy, it's burning in hell by using Jesus's name in vain hypocrisy.

14. soccernutter

soccernutter Moderator
    Staff Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    Aug 22, 2001
    Near the mountains.
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Trombone lessons for everybody

15. taosjohn

taosjohn Member+

Dec 23, 2004
    taos,nm
    That's his problem, not mine. I just want a candidate who'll vote the right way, not one I'll see in the afterlife,..

16. Auriaprottu

Auriaprottu Member+

Atlanta Damn United
    Apr 1, 2002
    The back of the bus
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    That was probably deliberate...

17. Dr. Wankler

Dr. Wankler Member+

May 2, 2001
    The Electric City
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    They won't get the chance. He's serving out his term, then retiring to "spend more time with my mistress and assorted hookers family and friends"

http://thetimes-tribune.com/news/sc...-tim-murphy-won-t-seek-another-term-1.2251281

“After discussions with my family and staff, I have come to the decision that I will not seek re-election to Congress at the end of my current term,” Murphy, 65, of Upper St. Clair, said in a statement.

“I plan to spend my remaining months in office continuing my work as the national leader on mental health care reform, as well as issues affecting working families in Southwestern Pennsylvania,” Murphy added.
    Murphy said in the brief statement that he planned to take personal time in the coming weeks “to seek help as my family and I continue to work through our personal difficulties and seek healing.”

Murphy admitted last month to having an extramarital affair with a friend. The affair became an issue in the ongoing divorce case of Murphy's mistress, Shannon Edwards, 33, and Jesse Sally, 36, both of Pittsburgh.​

18. superdave

superdave Member+

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I typed "Tim Murphy mistress" into the address bar and ended up finding this.

[​IMG]

Presumably that's the mistress on the left and the wife on the right, given that her age is 33.

19. phedre44

phedre44 Member

SKC
    Apr 1, 2008
    Kansas
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Why is looking these women up and putting their pictures side by side necessary?

soccernutter and taosjohn repped this.
  20. flowergirl

flowergirl Member+

Aug 11, 2004
    panama city, FL
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It depends I guess. We only have one kid, but our 3 vehicles since we got him were a Camry, a Sentra and a civic. Most trips in the Sentra. You can cram a lot of crap in there. And you just learn how to pack less if you don't have the room. It's nice to have the extra room, but it's even nicer to have no or low car payments. :)

Oh, and I hate those testicle hitches. Gross. Get some real balls.

Dr. Wankler and dapip repped this.
  21. superdave

superdave Member+

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    @phedre44 It's not necessary. Just interesting.

And the pictures came side by side. I didn't put them like that. It's a single image; you can check.

22. dapip

dapip Member+

Sep 5, 2003
    South Florida
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    When my oldest was born we had a Sentra (we had a payment) and an Altima (older, no payment). Just fitting the stroller was a mission, not to mention that it was putting a strain on my wife's back to bent over when getting my boy in the car (she's 5'3" 120 lbs).

We got lucky and got a MPV in good shape, relatively cheap and it worked well for us, until my wife got in accident (apparently minor but it messed up the car). We tried to keep it, but even after spending lots of money on it, we had to... get another car, and no way she was climbing back into a sedan. We got a nice SUV, again, not a bad deal, but yeah, car payment... again.. We are almost done paying it though...

23. Cascarino's Pizzeria

Apr 29, 2001
    New Jersey, USA
    For...uhh...strictly informational purposes, ma'am.

24. Cascarino's Pizzeria

Apr 29, 2001
    New Jersey, USA
    #3099 Cascarino's Pizzeria, Oct 5, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2017
    AND you drive in Miami. Which like the presidency, ages a car 10 years once you drive it off the lot.

dapip repped this.
  25. dapip

dapip Member+

Sep 5, 2003
    South Florida
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    You may be right. I guess all that humidity must hurt some parts.. But don't get me wrong, all our cars have been 9-10 years old or even more we replaced them... We tend to replace them around the 100k miles mark, too many things start to break and it becomes a nuisance, not knowing if you can make it to your destination, specially with young kids... When we were young and childless we owned clunkers, but if the car broke and you were stranded on a highway at 90 degrees, it was only us...