Why no lower league fans?

Discussion in 'Other Divisions' started by cmblfc, Sep 25, 2008.

1. depeched

depeched Member

Switzerland
    Jul 31, 2004
    Hitchin/W.Wittering
    Fwiw I've also punted on Spurs at 66-1 to win the Prem.

So far so good.

Bit of a Blades 'blip' v Crawley though. They better sell/loan A N Other quick!

2. Paul Quack

Paul Quack Member

May 3, 2009
    Club:
    Northampton Town FC
    We're getting tonked by Bournemouth in the League Cup at the moment. Didn't expect anything else really.

3. AlGme

AlGme New Member

Aug 29, 2014
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  4. baseballbert

baseballbert Member

Jun 18, 2014
    New Forest fan this year. Lean times in the middle of the year when I started following , but things seem to be going well now.

5. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How North Ferriby’s village team made the jump to the National League

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...1941&subid=18117530&CMP=EMCFTBEML853#comments

With an average crowd of 446 last season, North Ferriby are about to make a leap into the unknown and compete with at least a dozen former League clubs, many of which have retained full-time players, coaches and administration staff. By contrast, all of North Ferriby’s administrative staff are unpaid volunteers.

EvanJ repped this.
  6. nicklaino

nicklaino Member+

Feb 14, 2012
    Brooklyn, NY
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    #106 nicklaino, Jul 21, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2016
    We started being a fan of the soccer club. Most clubs were sponsored by small businesses like restraunts and bars. We drank at their bars and ate at their restraunts. The players went to their bars and ate at their restraunts. Club teams were all adult teams. They enter a league we would play or go to their games. Then we go back to the bars or restraunts and celebrate or complain about the officiating or being unlucky.

One of the best teams I played for had only about 600 to 1000 people at the games. No charge to watch a game. Our wives and kids came to watch us play. I met my wife of 50 years watching us play.

Funny my kids can't stay married to the same person for more then 6 yrs.