Why It Is Good That Brazil Lost The Olympic Final

Discussion in 'Knockout Rounds' started by curvedpentagon, Aug 28, 2008.

1. curvedpentagon

curvedpentagon New Member

Feb 28, 2003
    Plain & simple : In my opinion, they are unprofessional and classless, Undeserving of the term "champions" ....

There's been alot of talk about the Brazil's behavior on and off the field, but I will say what I witnessed with my own eyes post WWC '07 was downright nauseating --

I have no problem with on the field celebrations, caught up in the moment- beat the drums, dance, do the "Bolt" stance whatever....

Post semifinal game in the 2007 WWC, both the US team and Brazil were staying at the same hotel post game. The US arrived first, and was being consoled by family and friends for a loss in a big match where they were clearly outplayed in front of the world. The Brazilians then arrived, and came through the hotel lobby singing and dancing at the top of their lungs in a congo line - They went around the revolving door 8 (EIGHT) times - I ****ing counted it!! they laughed, kicked and gave each other high fives- As far as I could tell, most if not all of the team was involved, including Marta

It was one of the worst displays of poor sportmanship that I have ever seen at any level, it almost made me sick ....

Rumor is (and this is second hand info, so I can't confirm it), that some of the Brazilian players made a trip to Germany's floor in the Olympic village following their win in the semifinal match this Olympics

This behavior is unprofessional & unacceptable .... I have nothing but disdain for their athletes because of it.. I truly do not believe that the US, Germany, Norway, Japan, Canada or any other major team would have athletes acting like that or would allow that behavior

For these reasons, I don't even think they deserve the silver despite their skillful play this tourney

... Nice job ladies- not just for yourselves, but for all of all the genuine olympic competitors and professionals in Beijing

2. Bonnie Lass

Bonnie Lass Moderator
    Staff Member

Lyon
    Norway
    Oct 20, 2000
    Up top
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Moved from the U.S. Women's N&A forum since it does not deal with the U.S. team.

3. kickinthehead

kickinthehead Member

Mar 17, 2006
    Oh, for crying out loud! Of course, Brazil would have been a worthy champion, and sooner or later they will be.

This is what the Spanish team did while a one of our German players was interviewed right after the Euro 2008 final loss to Spain:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZCel3svLO0

Grow some cojones and stop whining! Win some, lose some!

When the better team wins, you've lost fair and square.

4. pasoccerdad

pasoccerdad Member

Mar 17, 2008
    KOP
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The class of the US showed when our team took their celebration DIRECTLY through where brazil was consoling each other... Especially with our mighty 1-0 win

BTW, the US media has been unforgiving in the misery of the losing teams.

Brazil simply STOMPED the US in the WWC, and STOMPED Germany in the Olympics, Not bad for a Team that does not exist for 2 out 4 years.

Not like they went out of their way to the hotel on purpose.

Sorry, but Celebrating at the hotel you are staying in is not rubbing in the face... I am sure the US was informed as to when Brazil would arrive... It was up to the US to be aware and not put players in that situation.

You would think that with all the resources that US SOCCER has, they would have not booked the same hotel as Brazil or were aware of the implications. The Shame of that is allowing the Team in the area when they were celebrating

5. Roland25

Roland25 Member

Sep 27, 2007
    Germany / Aachen
    I don't have the same feeling about the entire team of Brazil, but find it nice that we didn't see Cristiane with a gold medal again. It nerves , each time I remember her cheating in WC 2007, specially in the game against US. However I think Brazil will soon or later win its first trophy. Hopefully not at 2011, we want a hattrick of titles at home :rolleyes:

6. astar24

astar24 New Member

Jun 27, 2002
    Cristiane was cheating? How? When?

Typical sore loser, your team loses and the opponent was cheating!:rolleyes: Why am I not suprised?

7. Roland25

Roland25 Member

Sep 27, 2007
    Germany / Aachen
    if you read my post carefully, you would notice that I said Cristiana cheated against US in WC 2007. I am from Germany and not a US fan. What I said correctly about Cristiana cheating, was about her lack of class in WC 2007, I didn't say a single word about Germany-Brazil game in Olympic 2008.