Why isn't DMB in Europe?

Discussion in 'USA Men' started by Freddie Adu, Aug 18, 2003.

1. Dr. Wankler

Dr. Wankler Member+

May 2, 2001
    The Electric City
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Because he currently plays for the Chicago Fire of Major League Soccer. Hence, he's in the United States right now.

I mean, this is pretty basic metaphysics here: no one object can be two places at once.

2. Creeper_thp

Creeper_thp New Member

Jun 5, 2002
    Buffalo, NY
    I dunno, he's pretty fast so maybe he could do it.

3. purojogo

purojogo Member

Sep 23, 2001
    US/Peru home
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    quote:
    -------------------------------
    Originally posted by Dr. Wankler

I mean, this is pretty basic metaphysics here: no one object can be two places at once.

-------------------------------------------------
    When Freddie Adu asks such question, you just cannot be sure of that

4. denver_mugwamp

denver_mugwamp New Member

Feb 9, 2003
    Denver, Colorado
    Quantum Physics...

It's on the frontiers of science, but it's possible to have duplicate DMB's making the exact same moves on different continents at the exact same time due to the phenomina of entanglement. By the way, it's even faster than the speed of light.

5. CrewToon

CrewToon Member

Jun 13, 1999
    Greenbrier Farm
    Probably because MLS is asking too high of a transfer fee for him.

6. bostonsoccermdl

bostonsoccermdl Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 3, 2002
    Denver, CO
    His contract (I believe) is up at the end of the year. He was supposedly pissed when the MLS wouldnt let him leave after the wcup, and he has expressde desire to go to europe in the past..

He is definitely good enough, so many expect him to be gone come the 2nd transfer window...

7. SnakeEyes

SnakeEyes Member

Oct 7, 2001
    Well they were supposed to be there in the fall of 01 but 9/11 cancelled those plans. Then the addition of children last year has kept them from going overseas. Rumors persist they will return to Europe within the next year though.

8. accion

accion Member

Nov 28, 1998
    dfw, texas
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    dmb, has children? not just a child but children? i guess mls gets more like the nba all the time.

9. GringoTex

GringoTex Member

Aug 22, 2001
    1301 miles de Texas
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Because he's a winger who can't cross or shoot.

10. superdave

superdave Member+

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Actually, if you believe reliable rumor, he was set for Ajax when another left wing (Sikora?) became available, and Ajax backed out of its deal with MLS.

MLS isn't asking for too high of a transfer fee. That didn't keep Tim Howard, he of the 7 month old contract, in MLS.

11. catman

catman New Member

Oct 17, 2000
    Austin , Texas
    Because he's too thin and would get pushed off of the ball by top defenders. He needs to get stronger.

12. Dennishz

Dennishz Member

Aug 8, 2002
    NYC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And cause he's is exremely overrated. He's not even the best player on his team. He has a poor first touch and falls down everytime theres the slighest contact. And when was the last time he actually took a defender one on one and got past him like Damani Ralph does every game?

If I was a Fire fan I'd be more worried about losing Ralph than Beasley.

13. Parmigiano

Parmigiano Member

Jun 20, 2003
    I agree there are some questions about DMB. But he is tenacious, draws a lot of fouls, actually does hold possession pretty well for a U.S. midfielder, defends very well, has a good work rate and is slippery fast and makes well-timed runs to the box. He has a certain class and often leaves an important mark or two on games, despite shortcomings. At 21, he's a great prospect for us, and with his drive I believe he will work hard on his weaknesses and eventually become a good player in a tough European league.

14. DutchFootballRulez

Jul 15, 2003
    Baltimore, MD
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Is this thread about DMB or Robinho? Because I honestly..can't tell who we're talking about.

15. voros

voros Member

Jun 7, 2002
    Parts Unknown
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes, "spooky action at a distance," I know this one.

16. voros

voros Member

Jun 7, 2002
    Parts Unknown
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ummm, last game. He had a very fine game the other night and sent in some excellent crosses (Ralph blew a sitter on one, Razov scored on another). A goal, an assist and a drawn PK ain't a bad night's work for a wing player.

Luckily for the Fire they look to have a keeper in Justin Mapp when Beasley moves on.

17. lasoccervegas2002

Jul 7, 2002
    this planet

i can be in two places at once.....last night i was at Vegas and at the same time i was in bed sleeping.

18. sch2383

sch2383 New Member

Feb 14, 2003
    Northern Virginia
    DMB fired his agent because he didn't have enough Euro contacts. He will go as soon as he can.

19. Danks81

Danks81 Member

May 18, 2003
    Philadelphia
    I almost started a thread entitled "Why Convey and not Beasley?" until I saw this one.

Why would Tottenham buy Convey instead of Beasley? Surely DMB is better.

20. Minnman

Minnman Member+

Feb 11, 2000
    Columbus, OH, USA
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: Re: Why isn't DMB in Europe?

Actually, Beasley's under contract to MLS through 2005:

http://www.chicago-fire.com/pressbox/pressrelease/releasetext.asp?prID=882

21. Bryan Gividen

Bryan Gividen New Member

Mar 8, 2003
    Provo, UT (BYU)
    A couple of reasons.

1) Beasely is not out and out better than Convey. They are two very different players. Beasely plays a fast paced game, his idea of possesion is outrunning players (not a bad thing at all), he works awesome on a counter (when attacking and defending for one). Convey is a steady pass player (people have this idea because a few of his passes go out of bounds that he can't pass when in reality its failed runs from his 30 something team maters...), he has a better eye than Beasely and is better at holding the ball. They are different players which excel in different areas. (I'd pick either on any given day.)

2) Beasely is a posterboy. Right behind Donovan, Beasely is the most toted player in MLS. He came up through the youth system, played Project-40, played in a World Cup, and is now a posterboy. The asking price for Beasely is MUCH higher than Convey. This is a KEY factor. So assuming DMB is a better player at what he does than Convey is at what he does, DMBs price is higher.

But please, don't assume that DMB is better. He is different.

22. Danks81

Danks81 Member

May 18, 2003
    Philadelphia
    Thanks for the insight.

23. Ya....what he said. Totally true. Another wrinkle Id add is that DMB probably isnt was Tottenham wants (to go long with point #1). Id much rather see DMB in Spain running around La Liga. In England he'd get hacked to death. I think the Italian style might suffocate him and render his talents almost useless. Then again maybe he will eb a revelation in Italy, harrassing right backs so they cant go forward, and pressuring defences. a good fit for a team who isnt a perennial power but looking to play with the big boys, ie Chievo. But who knows... One things for sure, there are teams better suited for his talents then most teams in the EPL.