Why is Tottenham hated so much???

Discussion in 'Premier League: News and Analysis' started by Catfish, Nov 1, 2002.

1. Doctor Stamen

Doctor Stamen New Member

Nov 14, 2001
    In a bag with a cat.
    Shouldn't that be Bush and Blair ?. Or Bowyer and that Malaga player, or any opposition manager and Glenn Roeder ?.

2. dougzinho

dougzinho New Member

Aug 27, 2002
    NYC
    A guy in Iraq sent it to me...

3. darcgun

darcgun Member+

Jan 11, 2008
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    They hate us as much as a Gooner.

For us, our rivalry is about proximity. And no true Gooner doesn't detest Tottenham. Sounds presumptuous, I know, but it's true.

However, for me, Spurs reckon they're a great club, but haven't won a league title in 60 years. they've largely won cups in their history, and don't have the history of true great clubs like Arsenal, Liverpool, Man United, or even a Real Madrid. Great clubs scale the heights and win the big trophies, Spurs haven't. next season is only their 3rd ever season in Champions League/European Cup...THIRD. Great clubs are considered such for scaling the heights, like Liverpool and Man UNited which Spurs consider themselves overall equal to, which most Liverpool/Man United fans would laugh at..haha. They respect Arsenal more due to us challenging at the very top for much longer in our history. And Chelsea too. Tottenham fans should accept that Chelsea is a bigger club overall than they are now. FOr one they have a global brand (as do we, incidentally...) Spurs global brand only holds if Edmonton, Essex, or the Borough of Haringey are deemed the world...