Why is the Qatar 2022 thread closed?

Discussion in 'FIFA and Tournaments' started by The Germans are coming, Jun 9, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
?

Shout the Qatar 2022 thread be reopend as soon as possible considering the current situation?

1. Yes

2 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. The Germans are coming

Aug 13, 2014
    Nat'l Team:
    Burkina Faso
    I have already noticed that the moderator of this section is a defender of the Qatari bid to host the 2022 world cup.

With it being a hot topic right now, discussed in many other threads and with the overwhelming majority on this forum voicing disconent over Qatar 2022, I would like to know your motivations for keeping that thread closed for so long?

2. Chastaen

Chastaen Member+

Alavés
    Jul 9, 2004
    Winnipeg
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    People can't keep politics out of world football.

3. The Germans are coming

Aug 13, 2014
    Nat'l Team:
    Burkina Faso
    No excuse for keeping a thread closed for such a long time on a topic that people really want to discuss, especialy when it is a top news story. It is also questionable that it is a man who defends the world cup in Qatar, who choses to keep this thread closed.

4. Chastaen

Chastaen Member+

Alavés
    Jul 9, 2004
    Winnipeg
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I have seen in other threads that posters have been 'banned from the thread', imo that is a far better option but the moderation on BS is up to the moderators.

5. The Germans are coming

Aug 13, 2014
    Nat'l Team:
    Burkina Faso
    http://forums.bigsoccer.com/threads/qatar-2022.2001054/page-67

The thread has been closed since May 28th. Almoust two weeks...

And with Qatar 2022 being a hot topic now because of the FIFA scandal there is no excuse for keeping it closed.

6. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    You probably shouldn't post the link of the last page of that thread if you are arguing for it to be reopened. I mean, is it really a mystery why the thread was shut down?

7. Nico Limmat

Nico Limmat Member+

Oct 24, 1999
    Dubai, UAE
    Club:
    Grasshopper Club Zürich
    Nat'l Team:
    Switzerland
    1. Agreed. It's time to re-open this thread provided people can handle a mature, focused discussion.

2. You didn't need to start a thread for this, a simple PM would have sufficed. In fact, you don't need to start a thread every time you think of something. Check first if there is a suitable (existing) thread.

3. Despite what you want to believe, I am not a staunch Qatar 2022 supporter. But it does bother me when someone blatantly lies about a country/region that the individual in question obviously has never visited.

4. Since you prefer a public dialogue, your "social commentary" has been well out of line in the past. Stick to the rules or deal with the consequences (again).

bungadiri repped this.