why is "Real Salt Lake" looking just like Spain!!?!??!

Discussion in 'Real Salt Lake' started by BornInRoma17, Apr 4, 2005.

1. BornInRoma17

BornInRoma17 New Member

Apr 2, 2005
    Bealeton
    Hey all I want to ask why, this Salt Lake team is taking off of Spain's look. I mean, the jerseys are practically the same. The flag on the left sleeve the layout. It's so strange. It's like they're mini-Spain. I have no problem, but couldn't they've come up with newer team colors? And REAL SL stands for "Royal Salt Lake" for you non-hispanic folks out there. Hence the crown on the jersey. anyway someone answer back or whatever. :cool:

2. dweed

dweed New Member

Aug 5, 2004
    Logan, UT
    WOW, I think you are the first person to notice that! They can't pull anything over on you huh.

3. Marchetti

Marchetti Member

Sep 23, 2004
    Chicago->STL->Denver
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    hahaha

4. bsucio9

bsucio9 Member

Jul 24, 2003
    Twin Falls
    Welcome Newbie!!! :)

**Holding back barrage of comments**

5. Rocky J Squirrel

Nov 24, 2003
    Brigham City, Utah
    Reason: ADIDAS
    They are the uniform suppliers for all MLS and Spains National Teams. Way back in October I knew what the RSL Uniform would look like when I watched the FIFA Futsal Championship from Taiwan on Galavision and saw Spain play (they won). Since RSL chose the Spanish Colors, and the unifrom suppliers have a short list of cuts and styles each year it was easy to put 2 & 2 together.

6. FreeNachos

FreeNachos Member

Apr 10, 2001
    North Hollywood, CA
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Best Looking Team

After seeing them first hand tonight, I think the ReAL outfits are the best in the league. You guys look GOOD. Probably the most sharp looking team in the league. I'm pretty sure it's the gold trim. Rankings based on nothing in particular. Biases included.

1-Salt Lake
    2-D.C. United
    3-Los Angeles
    4-Kansas City
    5-Metrostars
    6-Columbus
    7-Chicago
    8-Chivas USA
    9-F.C. Dallas
    10-San Jose
    11-New England
    12-Colorado (bring back the green and some purple!)