why is carini uruguays starting keeper?

Discussion in 'Copa América Centenario 2016' started by crzdcolombian, Jun 28, 2007.

1. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I am a big Inter Fan and this kid hasnt played more than 4 games in 2 years why is he uruguays starting keeper. I have been watching the games with my gfs dad who is uruguayan and we just dont understand it. Isnt Villareals keeper uruguayan???

its just dumb to put a keeper who isnt match ready into a comp like this no matter how much talent he has.. think colombia made that mistake in the sub 20 with Libis that hadnt playd in like a yr..

any way what do u guys think?

2. Uruguay16

Uruguay16 New Member

Feb 15, 2007
    The result of him not playing at all for the last 4 years is what u saw on Tues. He is a great keeper, Ive seen him play great for Uruguay, but I think it cought up to him, who knows maybe, next game he'll be our best player, u cant really judge on one game but definetely, when you loose the one that didnt play (Viera) is the best player, Carini was doing well and he will continue to be the starter. However, it does make sense to play somone who has been playing and playing great like Castillo.

3. kapocris

kapocris New Member

Feb 8, 2007
    Montevideo
    Carini tiene unas condiciones barbaras y no es el responsable de la derrota. Lo quiere el Lazio y el San Pablo. No está acabado como arquero ni mucho menos.

4. cardacciojr

cardacciojr New Member

Jan 13, 2007
    Carini was the most important player in the run to 2002 WC.

He is technically the most gifted.

But I think - as someone said - it has caught up to him.

The goals weren't his fault but I have to say that he hasn't stopped a tough shot in years. the fact that he doesn't make mistakes puts him over Viera. But the fact that he doesn't make tough saves is bec. he is not match fit.

Castillo was the no.1 penarol was able to fight anything. He has made amazing saves and I think he should get the starting spot. But it is a tough decision to change keeper mid tournie.

But again, Carini is not hte reason we lost, yet he is a shadow of his true potential. Today Castillo>Carinin. No doubt.

5. osho420k

osho420k Member

Jan 31, 2007
    Germantown, MD
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    el unico responsable de la derrota es la delantera letal peruana que les rompio el culo en dos

6. maestri09

maestri09 Member+

Jun 14, 2006
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    Alianza Lima
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru

all the more reason to keep playing Carini. This tournament gives him more matches, as he is the most talented keeper.

but it really has to affect him somehow.

7. dreyx2000

dreyx2000 Member

Apr 1, 2007
    I think yesterday against Bolivia he showed why he is the starting keeper....not many interventions but in all of them he was secure and did a good job

8. Wile Coyote

Wile Coyote Red Card

Sep 21, 2000
    Punta del Este, Uru.
    Club:
    Club Nacional de Football
    Because Paco Casal says so.....

its beyond me how a GK that played 4 games all year is the starter....

but if you are a paco man you get the hook up...

AUF es una VERGUENZA y paco casal que se muera en un accidente de transito muy pronto......

9. cardacciojr

cardacciojr New Member

Jan 13, 2007
    1o - Carini nos salvo? Ah bueno. Si esas dos intervenciones basicas son salvarnos, estamos al horno. Para eso esta el arquero. Para sacar ese tipo de pelota. Ninguna accion fue proeza.

2o- Cualquier golero deberia tener la capacidad como para tapar esas jugadas. Castillo seguro que las tapaba.

3o- En general no me preocupa que este sin jugar, pq siempre rindio, pero eso era solo pq no le tenia confianza a Viera (demasiadas cagadas). PEro con un Castillo qeu VUELA y que fue responsable casi solitario de la campana de Penarol, no puede jugar Fabian

10. Pints

Pints Member

Apr 21, 2004
    Charm City
    I recall Viera was originally called up along with Forlan, but for some reason that call up was changed. Viera had a much better end of season than start of season so I would have assumed he would have been called up.

11. Manyaraña Recargado

Jan 9, 2006
    Club:
    CA Peñarol
    Nat'l Team:
    Uruguay
    viera refused to play against colombia in the 16 round of the germany 06 qualifiers sept-4-2005,so it is fair that he is out

12. trekie123

trekie123 New Member

Feb 8, 2010
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Hi

I am a Republic of Ireland supporter I was pleased to see you drew France in the Finals and i hope you beat them. Im not sure if you are aware but France was in our 2010 world cup qualifying group. In a play off we were cheated out of a place in the finals by Theiry Henrey handling the ball that led to the goal that beat us. Not only did he handle the ball once but twice for the goal that put us out. it was an obvious foul but the referee disgracefully allowed it.Every soccer pundit on the tv from almost every country said we should have been given a replay as we were by far the better team on the day. With this in mind i would like to suggest a way of putting France under pressure when you play them by getting all your supporters to bring those huge inflatable hands and write the word "CHEAT" in french on them. I would dearly love to see every team they play do something like this because in my opinion they blantantly cheated and were supported by FIFA.

Finally I would like to wish your team the best of luck in the finals this summer, .

Regards

Anthony McGeough