Why is attendance so low at Tropical Park?

Discussion in 'Fort Lauderdale Strikers' started by Juan Luis Guerra, Sep 3, 2007.

1. megfest

megfest New Member

Oct 12, 2007
    The club is run by Vitor Pastora who is the Assistant Coach for Miami FC. I think you will continue to see more involvement from Miami FC but with Victor overseeing it not Chiquino.

2. river

river Member

Aug 12, 2001
    Cooper City
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Officially

The teams is now MiamiFC-Kedall, they wear MiamiFC kits at all games.
    It is hoped that next season we will be having double and triple headers at Tropical.

They are funded 75%+ by MiamiFC and will enjoy all the benifits of MiamiFC.
    That includes training with sister clubs abroad during the off season.

This is a great step torwards a development program which creates a sanctioned feed system for all of the youth clubs in our communities to work torwards.

3. Newtbomb

Newtbomb Member

Mar 24, 2001
    South Florida
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wow. I feel this is a great step forward for the team!
    This is something the Fusion never tried to pull off. They were involved locally, but not to this extent. Even if this team is just for "farming" players, I will still support them. I respect the effort.

4. ChrisGreen

ChrisGreen New Member

Jun 5, 2007
    Homestead, Fl.
    I just spoke to my uncle, Robin Fraser, who played for LA, Rapids, and Crew in his MLS career. He agrees that Miami needs a Pro Soccer team like Miami FC. However, as I see it, there is one major problem with attendance..... Marketing. Even when they came to my school to honor the mascot contest winner, most kids there only cared for the free stuff, autographs, and hot soccer players (Eric Vasquez and Nico). Most didn't and still don't know that we even have a pro soccer team in Miami, let alone that there was at one time an MLS team. There needs to be more marketing. And BTW, as for the Orange Bowl idea, they are tearing it down in Jan. for make way for the new Marlins stadium. Perhaps they could make a new deal with the new stadium. That would allow for sponsorship, advertising, and a greater seating capacity for games. I really think that people might take the team more seriously if we played in a pro stadium, not one that is mainly used for High School football games. So, the OB is OUT. The canes just played their last game there (and had their butts handed to them in the form of a 42-0 loss) and FIU has a few games scheduled, and I believe that is it. Come January, Miami FC might have a new home to look at....

5. river

river Member

Aug 12, 2001
    Cooper City
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I just don't undestand why the Marlins want to leave Joe Robbie Stadium.
    It's a great stadiuma and agreat clocation for all counties to access. Plus the stadium already has the capability of being dome, since it was designed to be domed.

What we need doewn here is a huge influx of GOV money /Grant to help our athletic cause down here.

Olympics. World Cup would be great! But not scattered throughout the entire North American Continent.

6. Fusion Logix

Fusion Logix New Member

Jun 23, 2005
    Miami,Fl
    if the marlins want a stadium, let them build it!...im not gonna waist my taxes while they put a crap product out on the field....sampson was quoted as saying "were not going to raise the salary (15 million) untill we have a stadium." that right there is a disgrace to the game itself.

but, miami fc should look at a stadium such as FIU. with some more marketing and reaching out to the community. they can turn itself around and build a fan base here.

7. SoccerPrime

SoccerPrime Moderator
    Staff Member

All of them
    Apr 14, 2003
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just for clarity, MFC has every intention of staying at Tropical next year, right?

8. river

river Member

Aug 12, 2001
    Cooper City
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There is no other option for right now. Lockhart is out, OB is out FIU is not ready.
    Tropical Park is the best option right now. Even if they have to build it up to make the place better.