Why I support the US national team

Discussion in 'USA Men: Fans & Travel' started by MightyMouse, Apr 29, 2006.

1. MightyMouse

MightyMouse BigSoccer Supporter

Jun 19, 2003
    Island paradise east of the mainland
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I support the US national team because I want to see Landon Donovan put the slap down on this world cup. He is the US national team in my most humble and honest opinion. This team lives and dies with him either putting a stamp on this world cup or not. I want to see Landon do what he did to Chivas USA the same to when he plays the Chech Rep. or Italy. I want to see Brian McBride display is ultimate form and knock in some headers. I want to see a defense so solid that it will cause chaos to opposing fowards. I want to see our wingers send in crosses made of gold and I want to see Johnson knock them in like he was born to do so. I want to see the US national team make Europe so scared that they rue the day they even mentioned us in a bad way. I want to see clubs fall over themselves to try and sign the talent that can be for their own and I want to see the top teams of the world outbid eachother for their services. I want nothing more and nothing less than a final or a game against Brazil in which they barely win, tie, or lose. I want respect. I want MLS to become something it hasn't dreamed of before. I want passion, glory, and everything else the World CUp has to offer...

WHY?

Because I believe in now, I believe the impossible is possible NOW, I believe this world cup can be the most memorable EVER. I want to witness this along with all the others that have braved to buy tickets and are venturing to lands unknown to see it happen. I paid to see this team WIN and do WELL.

Good day to you all, if you feel this is a rant, well it is! I feel strongly that we have something to prove and I think we can prove it NOW, not 2010, NOW!!!!

A-men...

2. gngrasso

gngrasso Member

Dec 16, 2005
    Long Island, NY
    A-men brother;)

I want to watch The World Game, and see highlights from the MLS, not just from Europe.

I want to read World Soccer magazine, and see more than 3 lines about the US

I want to earn our FIFA ranking.

3. Zitor

Zitor New Member

Nov 21, 2004
    Chicago
    What a beautiful world it could be!

4. Galaxian

Galaxian Member

Oct 30, 2005
    Newport Beach, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They are Americas team , they are my team . The passion I get when I watch the national team is unlike anything else . Watching them this summer in the World Cup againt some of the worlds best is going to be a dream come true . This summer we can prove to the rest of the world 02 wasnt a fluke , and if they still dont give us respect , f*ck em .

USA

5. babytiger2001

babytiger2001 New Member

Dec 29, 2000
    Melbourne
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Because I am an American, proud to be an American, even as an American with a worldly and global perspective on life. And mad for this sport.

Do I really need any other reasons? :D

6. zanderbz

zanderbz Member

May 12, 2005
    United States
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    "NOW" ditto

7. jameseyla

jameseyla Member

Jun 8, 2003
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I support them by default. If I was born somewhere else, I'd support that team.

8. Clinton AFC

Clinton AFC New Member

Aug 14, 2004
    Clinton
    I've spoken to people from other countries that actually like the US team because they see them as hardworking, friendly, and decent athletes. In other words, they're good people.

If I were not an American, I think I'd still support them as one of my "other" teams.

9. NEKSoccer

NEKSoccer Member

Jul 21, 2000
    Long Island, NY
    I have been a soccer fan for more than 30 years. I was brought up with the game, but didn't really become a full fledged fan until I was 12. Yes, I gre up watching baseball, football, etc. But as much as I like those games, soccer is the one closest to my heart. I have been part of the cause to make soccer a viable sport here for the longest time and seeing a U.S. national team have international success, possibly win the World Cup, and have people take to the sport would be a dream come true for me. This is also my country. And I love it. THAT is why I support the United States at anything - achieving in soccer is significant because it is, admittedly, not our main sport - nor is it our second or third sport. So developing a great team and beating the best in the world would be something to write home about because it is not the main sport here and we would be succeeding in spite of that.