Why Has BigSoccer Stopped Working on My Work Browser?

Discussion in 'Technical Problems and Bug Reports' started by bmurphyfl, Apr 11, 2005.

1. bmurphyfl

bmurphyfl Member

Jun 10, 2000
    VT
    Club:
    Montreal Impact
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I use the same browser to access BS at both home and work but about a week ago BS stopped loading properly on my work computer (despite still working on my home computer).

I use Internet Explorer version 6.0.2800.1106 for XP. When I try to pull any BS page at work, I get the BS logo and title across the top and the stuff down the left side of the screen but that's it. The rest is just blank. I can click on the links in the "BS Features" box but I just get the same sort of screen; no threads.

Did my company do something to block BS? I don't think so because if they want to block a site, I think I would just get the usual message page from my company saying that we are not allowed to visit that page. And I don't think they did something to mess with discussion forums because I can access other discussion forum sites without any of the same problems mentioned above.

Any ideas on what has happened?

Thanks.

2. Huss

Huss Member

Aug 1, 1995
    New York, NY
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    That is the damndest thing. does the same thing happen in firefox? after clearing cookies? on a co-workers computer?

3. bmurphyfl

bmurphyfl Member

Jun 10, 2000
    VT
    Club:
    Montreal Impact
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Please excuse my lack of technical knowledge:

I don't know what Firefox is? How do I check it?

How could I clean out my cookies?

Unfortunately, I work from home so I don't have any co-workers to check with.

Now, you are probably asking why is this a problem then if I can just walk upstairs and use the home computer to check BS. Well, it's a pain in the rump to do that and I spend a few hours a day on conference calls where I can't be away from my computer. And some of those conference calls can be pretty dull so I like to read BS during that time.

4. Huss

Huss Member

Aug 1, 1995
    New York, NY
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    You could try upgrading to the latest version of IE?

You could go to www.getfirefox.com to try another browser?

Both of these should solve problem, otherwise I'll walk you thru the cookie process.

5. lynne

lynne Member+

Oct 11, 2003
    On my computer I can read bigsoccer with firefox, but if I try to use regular internet explorer, all I get is the banner. For a while, it would just load very slowly, but now it never loads.

With firefox on this computer, I don't get the symbols that tell you when a thread has been updated. On the computer downstairs, with firefox, I do.

Anyway, this just happened (last 4 weeks or so). Anyone know why?

6. Huss

Huss Member

Aug 1, 1995
    New York, NY
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    What os and platform?