Why doesnt Batallon Get ANY credit!!!!Arrggg

Discussion in 'Houston Supporters Clubs' started by sircuauh, Jul 9, 2006.

1. sircuauh

sircuauh New Member

May 3, 2006
    H-town
    Well i was reading todays Chronicle, i go and buy it and try to find anything on yesterdays game,

I go to the Dynamos summary, and theres two things that annoyed the hell out me, these chronicle clowns have no clue what they publish sometimes,

First thing i see is this

Weather or not
    The threat of lightning and heavy rain around Robertson Stadium delayed kickoff for about 45 minutes.

Even under such conditions, the Dynamo supporters' group the Texian Army — horns, drums and all — braved the inclement weather for about 10 minutes before taking cover with the rest of the fans in the stadium concourses.

No offense on the Texian army, wich i do like the fact some of these do so support, but the ones Cheering and Jumping and doing all kinds of things
    were the members of el batallon. Besides Sam and a couple more of his buddies there was no more texian army in the group, i might be wrong but bout 80-90% were members of the Batallon, you know who they are.

Then this guy gos and says we took cover, NEVER, did we take cover, we stood even under the light rain...

I am writing to this guy today, or glenn davis, heck i might even go on the radio station monday night with glenn davis,
    We need more credit for our things.

Dont get me wrong i like the texian army, its just that we need to be recognized even more,

Then this article, more info on chivas barra, than the dynamo fans themselves... here we got a good Barra, and the coverage gos for the
    chivas legion barra, who couldnt even be heard...
    just annoys me,

i await your opinions

Chivas USA followers
    In what might have been a first at a Dynamo match, the visiting team had its visible share of fans in the stands and even its own supporters' group.

About 50 people clad in Chivas USA and Chivas Guadalajara gear took over section 223 of Robertson Stadium to encourage the Goats.

"The real Chivas (Guadalajara) represents Mexico, so since we have Chivas USA here, we have to support them, too, " said Juan Carlos Gamboa of Sugar Land. "This is only my second game supporting Chivas USA, but I've always come out and supported Chivas (Guadalajara)."

The fans, who came from as far away as Dallas, Austin and San Antonio, were members of the Legión 1908, Chivas Guadalajara's international supporters' club.

2. HTownSoccerGuy

Mar 29, 2005
    Houston, TX
    I dont know why the dont mention El Batalion, they are the sh!t!!!!!!
    Im in the Texian Army and one of the drummers with El batalion but i do agree they are the ones that keep everyone going, props to them.
    You need to realize that this was El Batalions first game(in terms of official name).
    Trust me, they know who they are now. The name will grow!!
    PS. I need one of those shirts guys.
    I just hope next game we can all walk in together with the flags and drums. That would be awesome.
    Texian Army & El Batalion = Brothers in Arms

3. brahmafutbol

brahmafutbol Member+

Jan 29, 2006
    East Bernard, Texas
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    hey, don't get mad. I've been to every game, read all the articles in the paper, been on Big Soccer about every day, but I've never heard of the Batallón before, until we saw a sign at the game. That's cool, though. Keep up the good work and everybody will know about you. Oh, and try not to get arrested. :D

4. sircuauh

sircuauh New Member

May 3, 2006
    H-town
    i know, this morning i was more upset when i saw it,

but i do know we are fairly new, we have been going to the games for a while, until recently we came up with the name and until last game we brought the shirts

maybe if we let them know its a new group already theyll notice us

5. DrLudicrous

DrLudicrous Member+

Jun 28, 2002
    Houston
    You guys deserve credit, you've brought great atmosphere to the games and made 213 a hell of a lot better. If you send an email to the guys at the Chron letting them know who you are and that you're a separate group from the Texian Army I'm sure you'll get the proper respect in the future.

6. Dre00

Dre00 Member

Oct 12, 2005
    H-town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    sircuauh

You're right...the Chron was wrong. I think it's a simple function of El Batallon getting started a little later and not being as organized until recently. Your recognition will come. 213 wouldn't be the same without you and I'll tell any media member who asks me the same thing.

7. footex

footex C'MON HOUSTON!!!

Feb 9, 2006
    HellRazinKop
    All you have to do is tell the Front Office about your organization and give them your website and they should put it up for you. Then you will get all the credit you deserve and the Mouthpiece at the Front Office will give the Papers your name as well.:D

8. CeltTexan

CeltTexan Member+

Sep 21, 2000
    Houston, TX USA
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Anyone in the Northend knows who brings the noise, give the media a chance to really see how we've all come together to create the Hinchada Tejana.

IMHO, we must always focus on our culture with The Spirit of Tejas and La Hinchada Tejana...who gets the credit will come later on in time amigo. Estoy seguro k la obra de La Batallon va a recibir su papel en los oyos de todos!

9. newtex

newtex Member+

May 25, 2005
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    I agree that the Batallon isn't getting enough credit yet.

I think the Chronicle writer was talking about the fact that the supporter's section (Army and Batallon) stayed in the stands for quite a while after most of the fans left their seats. He probably didn't realize that we were forced to leave and from the press box didn't realize that the Batallon continued the Hinchada out in the rain.

Great job to everyone who kept the party going!

10. FuBoy

FuBoy Member

Mar 12, 2003
    Houston, TX
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

One more reason we were last to leave... we were one of the last sections informed that there was a lightning delay and that we needed to leave the stands for safety.

Not sure if that was 5 star hoping a few of us would get taken out naturally or not ;-)

Props to all those that move to safety out of the metal stands but still wanted to chant/cheer/sing in the rain! Without the little one, I would have been right there!

11. Yo_soy_rayado5

Jun 16, 2006
    El Norte
    email glenn davis, he seems to have the edge

or mr john lopez haha he seems to speak out at times