Why does David Suazo never play for Honduras?

Discussion in 'Central America' started by new_skin, Nov 24, 2007.

1. La-H

La-H Member

Aug 2, 2007
    Northeast
    I think you meant you're, as in "you are."

Anyways, I will refrain from tit-for-tat responses to the unsolicited name calling you've begun. I enjoy worthwhile sports discussions, not banter.

2. fscat

fscat Member

May 2, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Hey La-H, I don't want to start a whole new thread on this, but I see some of these Hondurans playing in Europe, but I don't know their positions. If you could do me the favor, what are your European-based players preferred positions, and if you had to win a game right now, what would be your Honduras starting XI? Thanks dude.

3. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    1. Fact: Suazo did not compete at the last GC. Reason: unknown.
    Fact: Suazo did not report to a recent call-up by Rueda. Reason: unknown.

2. So I don't know, man...the burden is on you to explain the reason or reasons why Suazo (the best Honduran player out there, because we can't say he's Honduras's best player for the factors listed above ;) ) simply has not shown up to those call ups. :)

Cheers! ;)

Metro

4. La-H

La-H Member

Aug 2, 2007
    Northeast
    First of all thanks for an insightful response. They are hard to come by sometimes 'round these parts.

However, note that the reasons that Suazo did not attend both GC '07 and the Nov. 17th call up, are indeed known:

1. He did not attend the GC because he didn't want to jeopardize his ongoing transfer negotiations and because he sustained a minor injury during the penultimate game of Cagliari's season (note--he did not play the final game for Cagliari last season). See video here.

2. He did not attend the most recent call-up because of a lower back injury. See article (one of many) here.

Both of these reasons have been fully documented via the press, with the proper evidence. If anyone chooses not to believe that evidence well than sir...they are skeptics and there is not enough time on my hands to argue with skeptics--much less by this medium.

But you are right, the burden is on me (although it is also on those who annoyingly make unsubstantiated claims of Suazo's lack of Honduran-ess, passion, or whatever other noun they come up with) to prove that the whole Suazo ordeal is lesser of an "ordeal" than most uninformed "fans" make it out to be.

Cheers!

5. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    If that was the reason why he didn't go play in the GC, then I think that's very weak (that's just a personal thought). Ivan Zamorano (my fave. Chilean player of all time) had been transferred to Real Madrid in '93, just as the Copa America was about to start. R. Madrid officials did not want him to travel "to jeopardize" his tranfer, however, he did (against their will) and played I think 2 of the 3 games (even scoring vs. Brazil, mind you). So I guess I have too high of standards? :eek: I think Chile back then were as much diminished without Bam Bam as Honduras would be now (or would've been in the GC) without El Rey David.

And if he didn't respond to a recent call-up because of a so-called back injury, I am surprised he was playing so well this past Sat. (when he scored a goal, he even started) and yest. Could you provide me some links/articles where it says he was hurt? Not to be a jerk, I just wanna see it with my own eyes. :)

Cheers!

Metro

6. La-H

La-H Member

Aug 2, 2007
    Northeast
    Reread the whole above I made some totally relevant last minute edits. Mainly: he also sustained an injury during his last game at Cagliari weeks/days before the GC--and it's documented on video.

7. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Cool!

I just want to clarify, however, that I don't buy that "recent transfer to a big club" excuse (again, that is a personal view of mine, and I am sure a lot of people would agree).

Metro

8. La-H

La-H Member

Aug 2, 2007
    Northeast
    Are you missing the point that he was also injured during that time (not an attack, just want to make sure people do see that video, I was watching that game live, it was before the GC callup debacle)?

The video is there. Again, many people even with documented evidence decide to be skeptics. Well then I say to them, be skeptics.

9. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    I saw the vid, and I believe it and you. :)

I just want to make sure that for the future my position on this is clear. I sure hope he doesn't get "hurt" again right before a call-up. 3 times the charm would be too much of a coincidence, no? :eek:

Metro

10. La-H

La-H Member

Aug 2, 2007
    Northeast
    Good man. Just understand that ignorance pisses me off, this is just one of those subjects that has been made an "ordeal" by the press and people have bought it.

There is alot of that going around in Honduras--people talking just for the sake of talking. Fans I couldn't care less about, (there will likely always be skeptics and people with poor analytical skills, or worst: those that are too lazy to read or investigate for themselves) but the press?? Come on!

Again, ignorance is annoying and well...ignorant.

11. upindemgutz1

upindemgutz1 New Member

Nov 26, 2007
    i think honduras should make the WC.THey have one of the best(if not the best) attacking players in Central America.They have two attackers in Italy
    (Rambo y Suazo) an attacking mid in England (Palacios) forward/mid in poland (Costly) and if hes up to it Carlos Pavon (La Galaxy).Behind that a decent midfield.And a pretty decent defense with Caballero and company.

12. Azuran

Azuran Member

Nov 15, 2006
    Toronto, ON
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    That's because Palacios participates in the UNCAF tournaments and friendlies that only use national league players. It's not really surprising that he has a lot of caps.

http://futboldehonduras.blogspot.com/2007/09/convocados-para-amistosos-contra-costa.html

Also, the Palacios caps were posted by Ismael Ramos in an old column.

http://www.laprensahn.com/ediciones/2007/11/29/ismael_responde

I couldn't find the article but you can send him any question regarding player's caps and goals to his email in the Prensa article I posted.

13. La-H

La-H Member

Aug 2, 2007
    Northeast

Good man. Great point on Palacios, I would agree--finally someone with some thorough knowledge of La-H (much appreciated)!

I already e-mailed Mr. Ramos--hopefully he will find the answers I'm looking for. I want to clarify this whole Suazo thing--especially to inform those not seeing the whole picture.

Cheers!

Edit: es tuyo ese blog?

14. Azuran

Azuran Member

Nov 15, 2006
    Toronto, ON
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Thanks.

As for the blog, no. I found it one day while surfing the web and I read it every single day. You can get a lot of pretty good information there.

15. hereje

hereje New Member

Mar 15, 2007
    houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    en serio buen blog[​IMG]

16. Moises

Moises Member

Feb 8, 2007
    miami
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras

y why all defensive at first????????????

17. kingallan2k7

kingallan2k7 New Member

Jul 2, 2007
    Houston, Texas
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    i personally "think" that suazo didnt play for honduras because he wanted to get signed by a big club

now that that has happend
    i think he will play with la bicolor alot more

just like rambo right now
    he is trying to get signed by a big club so he doesnt go that much to honduras friendlies and stuff

18. La-H

La-H Member

Aug 2, 2007
    Northeast
    he has missed all of one friendly in the past year (that's off the top). the most recent one.

19. Texian Soldier

Texian Soldier New Member

May 3, 2007
    "Treacherous" Dave doesn't play for the National Team because he is nothing but a piece of garbage whom I will never have sympathy for the day he blows out a knee.

Hell he isn't good enough to be called garbage. He is more like that white spec you see on chickensh**.

20. manudo1987

manudo1987 New Member

Jan 22, 2007
    Heredia,Costa Rica
  21. kingallan2k7

kingallan2k7 New Member

Jul 2, 2007
    Houston, Texas
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    WOW WOW WOW

u must really hate suazo

u know sometimes i get mad that suazo doesnt play for the national team that much

but that does not mean he does not have skill

suazo in my eyes

is one of the best forwards in serie A

you are just a hater man

22. Azuran

Azuran Member

Nov 15, 2006
    Toronto, ON
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Holy crap, it's Texian Soldier! Nice to see you back dude!

23. Moises

Moises Member

Feb 8, 2007
    miami
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    yeh i hold sum wat of hate against him like his apps and gosl for honduras. honestly if his playing for inter then every time he plays for honduras he SHOULD score i dont care about his "oh honduras doesnt have a good midfield" if his that talented then he shoudl be creative evenful to score..... out of nohtin in the NT team

24. sardus_pater

sardus_pater Member

Mar 21, 2004
    Sardinia Italy EU
    Club:
    Cagliari Calcio
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I cannot tell about his record with his NT but I can tell about the man. He is a great man. humble albeit being a champion, honest, nice, always smiling.

25. La-H

La-H Member

Aug 2, 2007
    Northeast
    Like they say, no one is a king in one's own land. It takes a foreigner to praise him. :rolleyes: