Why do Argentinians..

Discussion in 'Argentina' started by RuudvanNistelrooy, Mar 15, 2010.

1. Illrod3

Illrod3 Member

Jul 17, 2006
    Louisville, KY
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Wow!!! :eek: I just saw that. Bichi also said that Bollina's representative (Jorge Bermudez) probably set him up to do it. I knew the Bichi wasn't a racist !!!!! :)

2. Andrés_

Andrés_ Member

Nov 16, 2007
    Argentina.
    Club:
    CA Independiente
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    In top of everything, he cried in front of the cameras playing the victim!:mad:

3. NYC_COSMOS

NYC_COSMOS BigSoccer Supporter

Jan 13, 2007
    Queens, NY
    Club:
    CA Vélez Sársfield
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    No wonder Boca is horrible this year! Instead of spending extra time practicing, they all have gone to acting school!! WHAT THE FCUK???

4. devilman

devilman Member

Dec 26, 2004
    Houston,Tx.
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Yes of course the Bolivian Marco Sandy! , He broke 2 guys leg's with his famous tackle's .. I think Dario Franco was one of them .. ending his career as a striker! Franco recovered but was never the same .. he played out the rest of his career as a defender in mexico... can't remember who the other one was...

5. NYC_COSMOS

Jan 13, 2007
    Queens, NY
    Club:
    CA Vélez Sársfield
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Yeah Sandy was a hard ass defender and actually the cousin of a friend of mine.

6. Bolivianfuego

Bolivianfuego Your favorite Bolivian

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Damn i never heard about him breaking peoples legs! He was a tough guy though, captained Gimnasia de Jujuy during his time there. I guess thats how he earned the nickname "El Toro" Sandy.

7. robledo

robledo Member

Dec 5, 2000
    Seoul /Tokyo / U.K
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Jonas "El Galgo" Gutierrez?

8. AcesHigh

AcesHigh Member+

Nov 30, 2005
    Novo Hamburgo
    Club:
    Gremio Porto Alegre
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    negro is a foreign word in the US. The only meaning of "negro" in the US is when refering to black people in old times, thus its associated with racism.

obviously, negro in portuguese and spanish is the name of a COLOR. It means black/dark in english. Its not comparable to the usage of the word in the US.

9. AcesHigh

AcesHigh Member+

Nov 30, 2005
    Novo Hamburgo
    Club:
    Gremio Porto Alegre
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    do you know the real names of Maracanã or Morumbi, in Brazil?

10. devilman

devilman Member

Dec 26, 2004
    Houston,Tx.
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    The Estádio Jornalista Mário Filho, commonly called Estádio do Maracanã ("Maracanã Stadium") ("like a rattle" in Tupi-Guarani due to the sound of birds that lived there), is an open-air stadium in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. Owned by the Rio de Janeiro State Government, it is named after the Maracanã neighbourhood in Rio de Janeiro. It was opened in 1950 to host the FIFA World Cup. Since then, it has mainly been used for football matches between the major football clubs in Rio de Janeiro, including Botafogo, Flamengo, Fluminense and Vasco da Gama. It has also hosted a number of concerts and other sporting events. Although the paid attendance at the final game of the 1950 FIFA World Cup was 199,854, the stadium currently seats 82,238 spectators

Estádio Cícero Pompeu de Toledo is a stadium in São Paulo, Brazil, popularly known as Estádio do Morumbi, or just Morumbi, because of its location in the city's Morumbi neighborhood. It is the home of São Paulo Futebol Clube and its formal name honors Cícero Pompeu de Toledo, who was São Paulo FC's chairman during most of the stadium construction, and died before its inauguration. The stadium was designed by the architect João Batista Vilanova Artigas.

11. El viejo Matias

May 21, 2005
    Canada
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    What is wrong with long hair???:confused:

12. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Still stuck in the rock star 80s lol :p

13. El viejo Matias

May 21, 2005
    Canada
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Better than the greasy bowl cut.:rolleyes:

14. NYC_COSMOS

Jan 13, 2007
    Queens, NY
    Club:
    CA Vélez Sársfield
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Rock music is still very strong in Argentina and in many countries in South America. It seems that the only place rock has died is in America.

15. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Nothing at all, I cut my long had about a couple years ago. It just was far too difficult to maintain. Sometimes I think about regrowing it but I am like forget it. When I had my long hair and full beard people thought I was a drug dealer(at where I worked), random people use to ask me if I had drugs. I guess long hair and a beard with an accent stereotypes you ask a drug dealer out here haha.

16. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    The Two Best, EVER!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OY2usCO0EOU"]YouTube- Queen&Maradona - Another one bites the dust (Argentina 1981)[/ame]

17. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    :p EWWWWW thats gross! Hell no bro, its about having it nicely trimmed with a nice fade.

Or heck, real popular with footballers is the fauxhawk/mullet thing. That looks better then the shoulder length with the string in it lol.

Yea it is, and yes it has. :( Nothing good rock wise has come out since the 90s. Im still stuck listening to my fav alternative bands.

Europe though has some cool stuff that most people have never heard of here in the US! Get my fix by stuff i find over there!

LOL At that pic of Freddie Mercury bending over next to Maradona! Great band though, great music, and Freddie as far as a vocalist goes!

18. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

Fauxhawk, I had one with a mullet in the back, NO JOKE! I am lucky, one my buddies is a "hairstylist" and where he charges people a arm and foot for a haircut he does not even take my money. He gives me random haircuts but always turn out great.

I still enjoy rock time to time. Only bands that current now that I will listen to are Muse and Green Day and even System of a Down. But my cup of tea is house music from Europe, those Dutch,Swedish bastards know how to make some music. It was getting a good following back home, but over it is pretty damn big.

19. Dr. Know

Dr. Know Member+

Dec 5, 2005
    Macondo
    I sort of have that look right now :D. Though my hair still isn' that long but I'm letting it grow. But I think I'm shaving the beard. I saw a friend of mine the other day that I hadn't seen in a while and she said I looked like a bum lol. Though I think hippie is more fitting.

You guys are wayy out of touch if you don't think anything good has come out in rock since the 90's. Not just in he USA, there a bunch of good "rock" bands from all over latin/south america and places like Spain/UK.

20. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Cool stuff, Yea im rocking the faux'hawk right now. :p Its getting kind of played out, but I keep it looking good lol. My friend is a professional barber, he can do some of the sickest haircuts, is good with the clippers and scissors too.

Yea man! Im with you on the house. I got into 'electric trance' recently, my fav. music to listen to right now.

And yes, euro bands are ALOT better especially stuff frmo england lately. Check out a group called Good Shoes, and their album no hope no future.
    Oh yea, my comment was just about USA rock. Nothing good has come from USA IMO since the 'grunge' era. But europe does have alot of cool stuff you dont hear on MTV or on the radio US wise, I try to spot out good music every once in a while. Check out the band I reccomended above, Good Shoes. They're awesome!

21. El viejo Matias

May 21, 2005
    Canada
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I had long hair for the 2006 WC, but now it is only a few inches long, but I will never get rid of my Batista beard!!;)

22. Illrod3

Illrod3 Member

Jul 17, 2006
    Louisville, KY
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I wish I could grow a Batista beard,...mine grows patchy. :eek:

23. El viejo Matias

May 21, 2005
    Canada
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    A la Che Guevara??? That can be cool too.;)

24. Illrod3

Illrod3 Member

Jul 17, 2006
    Louisville, KY
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    its more a la Cliff Clavin (mail man from Cheers).

25. El viejo Matias

May 21, 2005
    Canada
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    That was one of my all time favorite episodes, mine comes in like Norms in just two weeks:eek: