Why Did They Ruin MLS Live?

Discussion in 'MLS: General' started by The Frisco Kid, Mar 24, 2017.

1. Honore de Ballsac

Oct 28, 2005
    France.
    Oh no wait, you can't actually watch the whole NYC game either.

2. Darkwing McQuack

Darkwing McQuack BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 11, 2011
    Morrisville, PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's been working perfectly for me. Maybe an issue on your end?

3. CMeszt

CMeszt Member+

Farewell Sweet Prince
    Jan 9, 2004
    Gentrification's Apex.
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    I haven't had any issues this year with the app... but something else I was considering posting a thread about. Are any other markets having issues with SlingTV?

In Chicago, CSN is an available channel but Fire games are blacked out for some reason, so there doesn't seem to be any way to watch my local team with the "cable" service that I pay for?

4. whiteonrice04

whiteonrice04 Member+

Sep 8, 2006
    You can't watch highlights in the roku app at all now. Have been able to every other year until now. That is a massive downgrade. Also in the Android app there is no way to watch highlights without being told the result of the game before watching them. Basically there is no way at all to watch MLS highlights without the result being spoiled first. That is absolute crap.

5. kg78755033

kg78755033 New Member

Orlando City
    United States
    Aug 25, 2017
    The single biggest reason I hate MLS Live.... the billing.

I was a subscriber for three years. At the end of all three, they wrote me saying, "HEY, if you don't want to be billed automatically for next season, let us know!"

And EVERY year I wrote back and said, "I DON'T WANT TO BE AUTOMATICALLY SUBSCRIBED!"

And EVERY year at the beginning of the next season I got an email saying, "There was a problem with your autobilling!" (because I would revoke them on paypal or cancel the underlying credit card).

(Well, not 'every' year. The first year, they automatically renewed me even though I asked them not to.)

I went to buy one month this season and I was appalled at the sheer-greed billing model in place. You can't sign up without a credit card, and you can't opt-out of renewed monthly and seasonal billing.

Even if you give a fake credit card, it attempts to authorize that up-front.

To me, this is like going to the grocery store and them saying, "But you're going to need to keep eating!!! We just want to KEEP BILLING YOU."

I think that MLS doubled-down on this strategy by stiffing the major TV networks, that doubtlessly tried to ***-em-down a bit on the cost. Which means to me that they treated their fans like cattle led to slaughter. In other words, outsourcing their revenue to their blind, loyal fans.... ME.

What they didn't count on was that I prefer to watch the games in public, at bars. I rely on ESPN and Fox Soccer for this. This season has been the absolute worst, and I have stopped trying to sell MLS to my soccer friends completely.

#MLSLiveSucks

6. JasonMa

JasonMa Member+

Mar 20, 2000
    Arvada, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Except for the last two years ESPN has owned the online rights and this year they built a new app for MLS Live themselves.