Why Celtic's nickname is "The Bhoys"

Discussion in 'Scotland' started by marcin79, Aug 13, 2005.

1. jimthetim8

jimthetim8 BigSoccer Yellow Card

Jul 19, 2005
    had a few beers sorry about the punctuation!! my you are hard to please.at least you gave a reply . some people are still trying to understand what i said. :D

2. CW1980

CW1980 New Member

May 4, 2004
    Belfast
    You must be on the beers non-stop! :D

3. uber_coupon

uber_coupon New Member

Sep 16, 2004
    Copland Rear, Ibrox
    Craic cocaine, more like.

4. Scottish_Morton

Jul 7, 2003
    Irvine, Scotland
    A person who agrees with the Bible? Seriously, don't come here flashing a degree about and then make idiotic comments like that!

Lets not pretend that the way that the protestant movement developed goes along with the teaching of the Bible.

Christ and the orange order are incompatible.

Ditch the word protestant, it has no use now.

5. jimthetim8

Jul 19, 2005
    dear scottish morton, your are a clever chap unlike the huns who dont have any argument against what i said . those in ni are living in the last century one day they will catch up!!!!! his argument was "he is on crack" lost for words ,i have never meet a hun who has a decent argument they think all celtic fans are catholic,and sing songs of rebellion simply not true, we dont all sing these songs . i think gers are more bigoted than celtic . i have gers pals who say the same and im a protestant who went to a protestant school.dalglish,mcgrain,mcadam,burley,lambert,beattie,etc protestants gers have had how many rcs who were not foreign[mo] not many is there!!! fact .greatest celtic manager jock stein protestant {fact}. :D

6. baltobhoy

baltobhoy New Member

Apr 2, 2005
    Baltimore
    Back to the topic. Roachboy has got it right. bh is found in Irish. When Irish became 'anglicized', the bh often became a v. e.g. Sullivan was something like Suilebhean. Baltimore, like a lot of U.S. east coast cities & Chicago as well, was dominated for a good while by Irish and Irish-American politicians. Here in Baltimore, they were collectively referred to in the press as 'the bhoys.'
    As far as history goes, Henry VIII did not want a divorce. The Anglican church has historically opposed divorce. He wanted an annullment based on the fact that his Spanish wife Katherine of Aragon had previously been married to Henry's older (and dead) brother. He had previously sought and received a special dispensation from Rome to marry her. To do such a flip-flop was asking too much even from an, ahem, less than theologically pure Roman Church. Henry had actually written a tract attacking Martin Luther & the new Protestantism. The Pope at the time called Henry a 'defender of the faith' for this. Actually of course, his motive was to find a wife to produce a male heir to the throne. Historians say the English public was in wide sympathy with Katherine. Of course, publically opposing Henry had a way of decreasing life expectancy!

7. DeeTee

DeeTee New Member

Sep 27, 2004
    Someone who calls other people bigots and at the same time chucks around the sectarian insult "huns". Marvellous. :rolleyes:

8. uber_coupon

uber_coupon New Member

Sep 16, 2004
    Copland Rear, Ibrox
    That one always "craics" me up. "We're no' the bigots, it's youse huns".

Tims are brilliant, they're not without a sense of irony. God bless them.

9. jimthetim8

Jul 19, 2005
    im not a tim !!!!! dont you read :D

10. uber_coupon

uber_coupon New Member

Sep 16, 2004
    Copland Rear, Ibrox
    Apologies. It was the jimthetim8 monicker that through me. :rolleyes:

11. coatsy

coatsy Member

Nov 20, 2003
    copland rear
    the IRA are known as 'the boys'.must be an irish thing..................

12. YankHibee

YankHibee Member+

Mar 28, 2005
    indianapolis
    Wow, so many reasons to not support either OF side. So little sense made by either group of supporters, don't even need to flash my degrees in theology and history (oops).

13. jimthetim8

Jul 19, 2005
    sorry deetee, i just thought hun was someone who was really ugly!!! didnt mean to offend . did you know "the gers" sel more xxxxxxxxxL than any other club in the world.do you get 2for the price of one when you buy a seat at ibrox?. :D :confused: :eek:

14. Gordon EF

Gordon EF Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 15, 2004
    Edinburgh
    Whatever kind of school you went to, it can't have been a very good one (if you went at all) because if it was, you would know that there are no 'protestant' schools in this country.

15. Gordon EF

Gordon EF Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 15, 2004
    Edinburgh
    Here's me thinking that a 'tim' was a Celtic fan and not a word used for Catholics. 'Tim' coming from 'Tim Malloys' ='Bhoys', rhyming slag.

16. coatsy

coatsy Member

Nov 20, 2003
    copland rear
    the tim malloys were a glasgow razor gang.

17. jimthetim8

Jul 19, 2005
    who you trying to kid! first time ive heard a hun call his team east fife!!!! you always have something to say but never about the gers!! funny that gave it away !!!!!! :cool: :D

18. Gordon EF

Gordon EF Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 15, 2004
    Edinburgh
    Jesus ********ing Christ, typical Old Firm rubbish...I don't like Celtic so I must support Rangers, I don't like Catholics so I must be Protestant. Grow up you mentally handicapped cretin.

If you actually read what I have to say, you'll notice that I rarely distinguish between Celtic and Rangers because in most ways they are indistinguishable.

It just so happens that most Old Firm fans on this board are whinnghing, Celtic supporting retards with persocution complexes and make arses out of themselves far more often than the Rangers fans here, who on the whole are not too bad. In saying that, going by most of the Rangers fans I've met that's probably because the majority of Rangers fans are too stupid to read, spell, type etc, the usual things which are needed to post here.

19. DeeTee

DeeTee New Member

Sep 27, 2004
    Duh kan sumbodi egsplane whot thiss clivir mann has writtin?

:D

20. nach0king

nach0king Member

Jul 6, 2004
    Dallas Proper
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    Next time you get that "naw, who do you REALLY support?" tripe, start asking them who they *really* support - East Fife or Cowdenbeath. After the 6th time of asking it might start to dawn on these people that the "divide" of the Old Firm is as irrelevant to some of us as the hottest derby in Fife is to them ;)