Why can't the Breakers get players like this?

Discussion in 'Boston Breakers' started by socfandan, Jun 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. socfandan

socfandan Member

Jul 30, 2000
    Eastern Mass
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Doesn't that apply to anyone who only sees them in person at home?
    Really hope this is a turnng point but can't get TOO excited after one win.....

2. Layman

Layman Member

Mar 7, 2002
    I am glad that you have seen all Philly's home games and can come out to defend ARod. It is not right to ruin a player's season last year and then continue to try to discredit her.

Now this man or coach is trying to find an ARod substitute in Kelly Smith to carry the blame by claiming that she has not been doing the job of a #10 player. This sort of nasty self-preservation and passing the blame onto one of the key players thing is unethical and I suspect is from the same source as last year. I hope someone who has watched enough of Kelly's games can come forward to give us the truth if this attack to pass the blame should continue. She has one important 'assist' in the last game to win Breakers the match.

3. chamoG

chamoG New Member

Jun 30, 2010
    Club:
    Boston Breakers
    And where is LeBron James at the end of the NBA season? And have you been watching the WorldCup? Cristiano Ronaldo? Kaka? Fabiano? Close today? (only one shot on goal), Rooney, Lampard and all the French and English players.... etc etc etc

Again, no star, or superstar, or average player can go 1 v 11 (or 1 v 5 in Basketball). Such concept of superstars... OVERRATED by the FANatic, and for the unsuspective emotionally-ladden groupie.

Comaparisons are out of place either... no two moments in the game are equal, no two contexts are equal, no two demands for decision-making and problem-solving in the game are equal... two many factors and variables, some of them controllable and some of them not... ask Ghana against Uruguay, or England against Germany...

This kind of comparisons is like two kids yelling at eaxh other "my dad (or mom) is bigger than your dad and will kick his butt".

Players can compare only to THEMSELVES at different times, at different moments, in different contexts, in the face of a changing historical and experiential context ... in this sense, Yes, Cheney, relative-to- herself and to-her-own-history-in-progress at the Breakers, is having a heck of a season, perhaps not in the scoreboard... not yet.. but in growth and maturity as a pro, as a team player, as a disciplined hard working contributor, plus she still is with the team, she is not benched, she is trying and trying and trying and trying to adjust and to contribute and to do her work, the work she is being paid to do as a professional. The goals and the success in teh scoreboard will come in due time...

And so it has always been the case with the Great Eternal Captain.. Lilly..

So, no need to put them down... they are taller, deeper and broader...

4. chamoG

chamoG New Member

Jun 30, 2010
    Club:
    Boston Breakers

5. chamoG

chamoG New Member

Jun 30, 2010
    Club:
    Boston Breakers
    Paranoia, paranoia... suspiciousness, suspiciousness...

Critique and analysis (wrong, right or delusional) does not equal blame.. unless YOU are projecting your own stuff onto me..

And again, I am delighted by your inuendo... it is so rich... and by the way, I feel honored by it.. I have already shared with personal friends your implied comparisons and they also think I should feel honored... thanks!

6. chamoG

chamoG New Member

Jun 30, 2010
    Club:
    Boston Breakers

7. Dartsoc

Dartsoc New Member

May 16, 2004

8. Layman

Layman Member

Mar 7, 2002

9. fire123

fire123 Member+

Jul 31, 2009
    You have your opinions but I seriously doubt you are more educated than anyone else.

You admit that your lover can make mistake, yet he can not be blamed for anything.
    Meanwhile, you can critique a player like ARod and takes exception when people defend her?

Talk about hypocrisy!

10. Mattymags811

Mattymags811 Member

Aug 18, 2006
    Attleboro, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hey I've been to three road games in the two years they've been back. Give me a little credit for driving to New Jersey and back with only draws to make it better.

11. StarCityFan

StarCityFan BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 2, 2001
    Greenbelt, MD
    Club:
    Washington Freedom
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How do you correlate that with this observation?:

- http://beulahsports.com/wps_4_18_09.html

Doesn't sound much like respect for the players and letting them play to me.

12. chamoG

chamoG New Member

Jun 30, 2010
    Club:
    Boston Breakers

13. chamoG

chamoG New Member

Jun 30, 2010
    Club:
    Boston Breakers
    And that's your "credible" witness? :confused:

14. wokeupfuzzy

wokeupfuzzy Member

Apr 24, 2010
    if there were any human decency, this thread would no longer exist. It makes me want to watch Happy Tree Friends.

15. Eleanor

Eleanor New Member

Oct 4, 2008
    Or Barney. I like you. You like me . . .

16. wokeupfuzzy

wokeupfuzzy Member

Apr 24, 2010
    hah, yeah, though Happy Tree Friends is the opposite - a very violent cartoon disguised as a cute one (though some might feel the same about that purple dinosaur). Google it at your own peril! ;)

17. StarCityFan

StarCityFan BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 2, 2001
    Greenbelt, MD
    Club:
    Washington Freedom
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Are you suggesting that one of the most respected online commentators on women's soccer is a liar?

18. Layman

Layman Member

Mar 7, 2002

19. Bonnie Lass

Bonnie Lass Moderator
    Staff Member

Lyon
    Norway
    Oct 20, 2000
    Up top
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Circles and circles and circles ...

Thread closed. The only thing being discussed at the moment is whether or not this poster or that poster is educated or credible.

If someone can give me a valid reason why it should remain open, then send me a PM.