Why buy a €57 mil Camry when you can get a Porsche for €5 mil - The Welcome Casemiro Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Zidane05, Jun 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ugh.

2. sneakking

sneakking Member+

Sep 11, 2009
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    that hooked leg tackle was sublime

3. Lyra

Lyra Member+

Apr 29, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid

HZinho, MiamiNative0722, Drouchk and 2 others repped this.
  4. robertocarlos3

robertocarlos3 Member+

Jan 9, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Best DM in the world. Probably one of the 3 best midfielders in the world.
    what a jewel.

MiamiNative0722 and Prit Javier repped this.
  5. Prit Javier

Prit Javier Member+

Real Madrid
    England
    May 9, 2018
    The best DM for sure and we actually have the best 3 midfielders in the world (Kroos, Casemiro, Valverde)

6. robertocarlos3

robertocarlos3 Member+

Jan 9, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    BTW, the thread title doesn't do him any justice.
    he is so much than a Porsche, he's a Lamborghini.

7. Bear Crotch

Bear Crotch Member+

Jan 2, 2008
    Ohio, United States
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    He's one of the best players of this generation. Players in his position are few and far between, let alone one this good it completely changes games. He's so smart that he doesn't have to run as much as he used to.

Remember when people said he couldn't pass?

HZinho, yoanaidarov, RMSocrates and 4 others repped this.
  8. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    Yup, I was one of the people that said he couldn't pass out of pressure, but he has improved immensely in that department. What a player.

Ssr9, Pundorikakho, HZinho and 3 others repped this.
  9. ElCapitánSR4

ElCapitánSR4 Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Sep 14, 2017
    Yes, I was one of those people. He improved that aspect in an incredible way. Tbh 2 years ago when one of our defenders passed the ball to him I was very afraid, but now he handles those situations incredibly. Also because of experience I think. Some passes in the Clasico under pressure where amazing to watch.

Drouchk repped this.
  10. S1na

S1na Member+

Real Madrid
    Jun 1, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    On July 27, Casemiro was on vacation with family in São Paulo. He had his bags ready to go to Orlando with them. But that night he watches Madrid lose 3-7 to Atletico on TV. Casemiro separates his luggage, takes out a ticket to Madrid and on Monday he is training in Valdebebas.

Casemiro is one of the first to appear in Valdebebas, just over an hour earlier than required, to work in the gym before the training session. He is also one of the last to leave the sports city, after the recovery work.

In the afternoon, he completes work at home, where he has a 100 square meter gym and has his own physio. He takes naps in a hyperbaric chamber and takes extreme care with the diet, between what they serve in Valdebebas and whats cooked at home.

Most of Casemiro's time is spent watching football, while doing so he also uses special type of boots designed specifically for muscle recovery.

Casemiro watches football in a detailed and almost obsessive way, for which he uses the Wyscout platform. Against PSG, with Mbappé there was a play in which he knew he was going to try to go inside, because he had already closely studied his style of play. [Via El Pais]

For me, currently, he's the best DM in the world. Irreplaceable.

- CoupdeGrace

J-Mezzy, Doni, HZinho and 10 others repped this.
  11. gladiator guti

gladiator guti Member+

Oct 31, 2005
    He has been the same player to me, he is totally committed to his job. Just like everyone else, he does make some errors from time to time. As far as passing, he was actually better passer when Real won La Liga title - if I recall correctly, he had close to 10 assists during that season.

We need more players with Casemiro character in the team, do their works without complaining. They make the manager job a lot easier

12. .halamadrid2.

.halamadrid2. Member+

Nov 5, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Like Lucas for example :D

13. Drouchk

Drouchk Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 9, 2018
    I was one of the people who thought he couldn’t pass but boy has that changed. He’s improved on the ball overall for me.

14. Halycon

Halycon Member+

Aug 24, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    But he really couldn't pass at that time under pressure, we just mentioned what we saw with our. He incredibly improved this department as mentioned by many others, he's so complete now. I hope he can finish his career here. Best DM in the world at this very moment.

janos audron repped this.
  15. Gogermo

Gogermo Member

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Sep 22, 2019
    In next couple of years our starting midfield will have cost a grand total of 15 million. Case-Fede-Odegaard.

So about 2 mill less than a Ross Barkley.

Insane stuff.

Not that its too expensive atm either with Kroos in there. Bayern must still have nightmares about that one.

16. robertocarlos3

robertocarlos3 Member+

Jan 9, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I wonder how much of this we owe to Ronaldo. You can say he's an ego maniac narcsis, but the man is a complete athlete. Brady level.

17. HZinho

HZinho Member+

Apr 2, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    We were so lucky to get him for cheap. He was already seen as the jewel of Brazil (for his position), as he combined physicality with superb technique (you see it to this day) and IQ. I believe there were immense doubts regarding his mentality at the time, hence the low price tag (and loan deal). The impact he's had on the team cannot be ignored, huge props to Zidane as well for making him such an integral part of the team. These are the players you actually hate to play against.

A bona fide legendary player in my opinion!

robnycus and Digital repped this.
  18. Hsain85

Hsain85 Member+

Mar 28, 2006
    Bahrain
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    He is the exact opposite to the typical Brazilian footballers image. A true professional and his dedication is undeniable. It’s worth mentioning that Zidane’s role in taking Casemiro to the world class level has been crucial.

Lyra and madridista_hr repped this.
  19. arcane

arcane Member+

Aug 18, 2005
    Philippines
    Seems like he has CR7's gym rat obessession. Without the drama of course.

20. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Casemiro not only is a dedicated athlete

But quite smart. Theme parks in the summer in Orlando with family can be quite the hassle (crowds, lines, rain, heat, family drama). Mofo was like im out :ROFLMAO:

Romanero, Eddie, S1na and 2 others repped this.
  21. Drouchk

Drouchk Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 9, 2018
    Casimero in yesterday’s game.

22. Forcamadrid2

Forcamadrid2 Member

Real Madrid
    Brazil
    Dec 13, 2017
    Yeah, yesterday he made this through ball to Bale that was totally Guti-esque

Drouchk repped this.
  23. Lyra

Lyra Member+

Apr 29, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Deep Pal, Anon., Ahmadi8 and 4 others repped this.
  24. Serengeti_Boy

Serengeti_Boy Member+

Sep 15, 2009
    Serengeti, East Africa
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Tanzania
    Is it true his pay is peanuts at Madrid and how did this happen. Quality player.

Lyra repped this.
  25. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Lyra, Saeta Rubia and Deep Pal repped this.