Why buy a €57 mil Camry when you can get a Porsche for €5 mil - The Welcome Casemiro Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Zidane05, Jun 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. S1na

S1na Member+

Real Madrid
    Jun 1, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Imagine if we had signed Alonso from Sociedad to replace him then

2. Minduchio

Minduchio Member+

Jul 20, 2003
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Well simple, we are no way considered strong team defensive wise. Accordingly, you should be able to say that someone is not that great at his job. Now we can blame individuals like Varane, Ramos or Marcelo, but the point is , defensive mid should be able to glue everything together. not always possible, individual mistakes will happen, but trend is that we are collectively not strong in defense and therefore defensive mid should do better job. Look I am not going to be that guy who is going to say, hey I am right and everyone is wrong. Its just my opinion, not necessarily ultimate true.

3. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    You don't want to blame individual players but...

You blame an individual.

Minduchio repped this.
  4. janos audron

janos audron Member+

Apr 12, 2010
    DM who can fully mitigate offensive fullbacks + 2/3 players upfront with shitty defensive output does not exist.

My view of Casemiro is that he is definitely quality DM. But and this is crucial thing, he was basically built by Zizu`s system. Now when we are in state of change, his importance is diminished. I see Llorente as a better option for the future.

5. Minduchio

Minduchio Member+

Jul 20, 2003
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    I see what you did there :), but thats what I was saying earlier, Casemiro's role is more than that , he should be not judged as individual player. Same way as reason Modric won Golden Ball, not because he scored most , or assisted most, but he excelled at his role last year as our team and Croatia engine by doing his job as offensive midfielder.

6. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    And you think our defenders dont have a crucial role?

7. S1na

S1na Member+

Real Madrid
    Jun 1, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Who could be the perfect defensive midfielder in your mind?

It's not like we conceded less in Makelele era. We conceded 42 in 38 games in 2002-03 Laliga. We conceded 41 in 2017.

We tried Alonso too, and only when we played under a demanding coach like Mourinho, with 2 defensive midfielders, we conceded a reasonable amount of goals in the league, 32 in 38 games.

I'd say it's a matter of weak and careless defensive system than individuals.

8. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    He is crucial for Brazil as well and they probably would have beaten Belgium in the WC if he was on the starting XI that day.

S1na repped this.
  9. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    I think we both agree that there are fundamental defensive issues. I think we disagree on what is the cause. I believe the previous years, the system was designed fully knowing that there are huge defensive gaps being left; the full backs pushed really high up, midfielders and forwards given a lot of freedom. All of that was done with the purpose of beating opponents by outscoring them; we know you'll score on us, but we'll score more on you. We struggle in the league because we simply did not have consistent scorers, and the benefit of the away goal rule wasn't there, but it was a great success in the CL. Casemiro played a pivotal role. Instead of losing 5-4, we would win 4-2 or 4-3. He was plugging enough holes to keep the ship afloat.

This year, we lose our only semi consistent (and by far highest) scorer, and suddenly we're just giving up goals and not scoring enough goals to compensate.

10. Excape Goat

Excape Goat Member+

Mar 18, 1999
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    #935 Excape Goat, Dec 29, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2018
    Actually, we had Cambiasso sitting on the bench when Makelele left. I would not mind having him to start in the middle for the next 10 seasons. Of course, Perez preferred to start Beckham over him and we later signed Gravesen. Xabi Alonso or Cambiasso would have been a better choice than Gravesen. We also had a player named Pablo García! He must be the dirtiest player and/or the most useless I have seen ever wearing our jersey.

PS: We also lost Hierro the same summer Makelele left. He was declining the season before, but he was still the captain of the team. Pavon also never lived up to expectation.

Zidane05 repped this.
  11. robertocarlos3

robertocarlos3 Member+

Jan 9, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Casimero is fundamental.
    Just like makelele was.
    Problem is Perez never gets that.

12. S1na

S1na Member+

Real Madrid
    Jun 1, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Yeah but he was kind of a box to box than a midfield anchor. We needed Alonso to be our Motta alongside him.

I remember Gravesen. Legit tough guy. Still he did fine in my opinion although he used to play further in the pitch at Everton. Pablo Garcia i just remember a face. Nothing of his play, only know it didn't work for us.

13. S1na

S1na Member+

Real Madrid
    Jun 1, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Why? Perez seems to be very fond of him

14. Excape Goat

Excape Goat Member+

Mar 18, 1999
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Pablo Garcia was a typical Uruguayan player. He just played dirty football. He just kept committing fouls.

In one of the CL championship documentaries(probably for 2017), Perez thanked Casemiro and told him that Real Madrid won the CL in every single year he was on the team.

S1na repped this.
  15. Lyra

Lyra Member+

Apr 29, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Worst passing if the midfield 3
    Most fouls of the midfield 3

Defensive Error leading to goal (Tadic) dribble

Kroos was useless, but don't let anyone tell you Casemiro was any different.
    Cost us the PK (Suarez) in clasíco and another pathetic performance Vs Ajax

Halycon repped this.
  16. Halycon

Halycon Member+

Aug 24, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    He is a unbelievable dumb as a player. lacks the intellegince to play in the middle of the field. Busquets, Xabi etc all are on another level when it comes to awarness, passing etc.

Llorente should be walking in that starting 11 when he is back.

Lyra and Prit Javier repped this.
  17. janos audron

janos audron Member+

Apr 12, 2010
    I expected him to struggle vs. pressing opponent. But i did not expect that he absolutely collapses defensively. I want to see 4-4-2 with Llorente and Modrić playing in the center. Or Modrić, Llorente, Ceballos / Isco.

18. Halycon

Halycon Member+

Aug 24, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    that's the best we've got right now and i still want to see this:

VJR - Benzema
    Isco
    Ceballos Llorente Modric

100000% with this midfield we would have dominated them yesterday. all 4 are able to pass and receive ball under pressure.

Lyra and Prit Javier repped this.
  19. janos audron

janos audron Member+

Apr 12, 2010
    He is not dumb. He is simply different type of player, who gets exposed vs. opponent with strong tactical awareness. As result, you get situation as in first goal when he completely fails to support Kroos - create triangle with Reguilon and effectively / creatively mitigate situation. Now what would be even better is receive and turn with the ball which would completely open Ajax. But sadly, he does not have this crucial capacity.

With Llorente on pitch yesterday we would not get 2 goals in >20 minutes.

20. janos audron

janos audron Member+

Apr 12, 2010
    I would consider 4-4-2 with two compact lines to limit space between the line. And in right situations press Ajax. Deciding for 4-3-3 with standard midfield was basically suicide.

Halycon repped this.
  21. Halycon

Halycon Member+

Aug 24, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Which is extremely dumb, 0 awareness. you learn these triangles in youth teams of prof clubs. You don't help your teammate by going to him. you help him by moving off the ball, it seems this simple concept is to hArd for Casemiro to understand.

on top of that he at least one time a game completely misplaced a pass in the middle of the field, like a pass to nobody. That penalty he gave away doesn't make him look smart.. just wait hold the defender tight to you, but no he makes the foul..

Lyra repped this.
  22. janos audron

janos audron Member+

Apr 12, 2010
    Such situations are happening constantly. Off positioning, off movement and no timing. The end result we are often in bad situations on every third of the pitch, and players are often in the void having zero coherent / creative solutions left. And yet there is zero correction from coaching staff. First and foremost we have a coaching problem, despite squad lacking quality.

23. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    With all these dumb lazy players in midfield I really wish we had someone to score goals with consistency, just like in the old days and basically what i know as Madrid, I wish our attack wasn’t so dull, I mean, we still do create chances

24. Varnagel

Varnagel Member+

Nothing
    Sweden
    Jun 4, 2017
    1103121989886201857 is not a valid tweet id

25. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    Man I've driven into a drive through with more conviction than Casemiro went into that tackle.

Lyra repped this.