Why buy a €57 mil Camry when you can get a Porsche for €5 mil - The Welcome Casemiro Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Zidane05, Jun 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 9Qui

9Qui Moderator
    Staff Member

May 26, 2004
    Don't ruin it! You should have posted this instead:
    [​IMG]

Shay Z, CR7PT, S1na and 3 others repped this.
  2. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    Absolutely. The Jeremy Clarkson smug face is the go to gif in these moments. @Deep Pal you did the hard part but then let yourself (and the great traditions of RMBS) down with the easy part.

S1na, Deep Pal, 9Qui and 1 other person repped this.
  3. xRamos4

xRamos4 Member+

May 14, 2015
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    In the wake of James' transfer to Bayern, we've all griped about his drop in transfer value. However, no one has really discussed Casemiro's meteoric rise. Zidane took over and the sacrifice was James for Casemiro. At the time say James is still worth €80M and Casemiro was worth €10M. We just loaned/sold James for €45M but on the open market today Casemiro is worth a bare minimum of €75M.

This is an overly simplistic way to look at things because we're not even looking to sell Casemiro. Just wanted to look on the bright side of sacrificing James - we have a much more valuable Casemiro.

S1na and Deep Pal repped this.
  4. Deep Pal

Deep Pal Member+

Jun 19, 2013
    India,Kolkata
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    India
    And balance - priceless :)

S1na repped this.
  5. xRamos4

xRamos4 Member+

May 14, 2015
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Very pleased with his performance. Goal was offside, but tight. What I'm happiest about was his improvement in possession play. Last season, I was highly critical that he looked like a deer in headlights when pressed. He would stand still looking frantically for an outlet pass and wait so long that he'd be dispossessed. It seems he was working on that this summer. Today, when he was in possession and looking for a pass, he'd move the ball forward and scan the field. He used his size & surprising speed well to hold off a defender while looking for a good ball.

Well done!

S1na, kime777, Açores57 and 4 others repped this.
  6. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    You definitely see improvement in his game which is awesome to see. Its not easy to fix your biggest weakness. I mean it wouldn't be a weakness if it was easy to fix. Kudos to him for putting in the work, hopefully it translates to consistently good play offensively.

natenate101 and Anon. repped this.
  7. Anon.

Anon. Member+

Sep 4, 2007
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    The guy is a big game player, massively consistent against our strongest opponents over the last two and bit years. That can't be denied.

natenate101 repped this.
  8. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    He was really good with the ball, mentioned this in the game thread. Hopefully he continues and puts in performances like these.

natenate101 repped this.
  9. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I was so so about Casemiro, always thought he could play, technical enough, and could pass both long and short and of course tackle too, but i did think he panicked when pressured as well, giving the ball away too often as has been noted, also I thought he dived into the tackle too much, went to ground too fast , but I can definitely see improvement in his game all around, no two ways about it, obviously putting in the work, I am far more comfortable with him in the team now than before, and the vital role he provides.

Zidane05 repped this.
  10. RomanMadrid

RomanMadrid Member+

Jan 13, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Massive improvement. We're blessed to have him and Marcos Llorente. Here's to 3 more CL titles!

S1na repped this.
  11. fierro

fierro Member+

Jan 30, 2007
    El Chuco
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We did everything right so far with Casemiro. We didn't bring straight into the first team upon arrival but let him "acclimate" out of the spotlight with castilla. Then we gave him a season on the bench mentoring under Carlo and Xabit. Next move was a year on loan where he developed valuable experience playing at a mid level club that offered CL football. Finally brought him back ready to compete for minutes and now we have an experienced player who is maturing into "the best in the world at his position" right before our eyes.

S1na and Zidane05 repped this.
  12. Hsain85

Hsain85 Member+

Mar 28, 2006
    Bahrain
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I think what sets him apart from other players with similar profiles is his character + hunger for improvement.

13. MaxY

MaxY Member+

May 24, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Yeah, the dude seems to be the Ronaldo of defensive mids :D

Hsain85 repped this.
  14. -Reivax-

-Reivax- Member+

Aug 10, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Great game. MOTM for me.

15. Hendrix22

Hendrix22 Member+

Feb 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    This man changed the fortunes of Real Madrid. The biggest influence on the game defensively since Makelele. He just suffocates the opponent with his presence, he is always perfectly positioned to cut off passing lanes and his tackling is impeccable. If I was Zidane, Casemiro would be the first player I would thank for my successes.

16. robertocarlos3

robertocarlos3 Member+

Jan 9, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    you saw him running forward in the Marco goal? he was there before any player ready to receive the pass. Just a complete turbo engine.

17. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, he is a badass and only getting better with the increased confidence shown in him by the club.

Shay Z and Zidane05 repped this.
  18. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    Super player and we spent only 5ME on him.

Shay Z repped this.
  19. robertocarlos3

robertocarlos3 Member+

Jan 9, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    He'll get an upgrade next summer and some ridiculous buyout clause. As much as I love him, he is just the kind of age and salary range that will get blinded by the oil money.

20. Nathanial Essex

Nathanial Essex Member+

Real Madrid
    England
    Mar 19, 2017
  21. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    915296979625938951 is not a valid tweet id

Captain at the age of 25 for one of the favorites of the world cup.

Grande Casemiro!! One of the biggest steals we've ever had!

Deep Pal, Lyra, PigBenis and 11 others repped this.
  22. Aimar 21

Aimar 21 Member+

Jan 27, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I think he improved his passing a lot this season, and overall he's one of our better performing players so far. I thought Llorente would threat his starting spot but Casemiro isn't making it easy for him, I hope he keeps it up.

Digital, S1na and Zidane05 repped this.
  23. S1na

S1na Member+

Real Madrid
    Jun 1, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    It is still too soon. Llorente looks a bit nervous when playing. Once he calms down we can compare. For now, Casemiro is vital.

ahnaf and Digital repped this.
  24. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Far too early for Llorente he still has a ways to go IMO, always thought in terms of playing Casemiro was very capable, technically good and although not on a Kroos level a very good passer of the ball both long and short, my main issue with him was always the diving into tackles, I always thought he went to ground far too early far too often, he seems to have curbed that somewhat and worked on his positioning, solid solid player now

S1na repped this.
  25. Aimar 21

Aimar 21 Member+

Jan 27, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I'm not disagreeing with you guys, what I mean is if Casemiro had a Benzema start in the season it will be easier for us to ask for more minutes for Llorente, but currently Casemiro is performing as well as I'm hoping and expecting from him.

He isn't perfect obviously, in last season there were bad moments like the early and stupid cards at home vs. Barca & Bayern and his repeated fouls which could've cost us the games, and I thought having someone like Llorente on the bench won't let him get too comfortable in the starting role, luckily we have Marcos competing with him now and I believe that Casemiro knows that if he gets injured for let's say 2 months, Marcos may just win Zizou over with his performance and secures the spot until the end of season (yes I think he is that good), this may or may not happen but it's the kind of competition we need and like to have in our team, not the bullshit we had with Benzema over the years.

Lyra and Deep Pal repped this.