Why buy a €57 mil Camry when you can get a Porsche for €5 mil - The Welcome Casemiro Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Zidane05, Jun 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. REALFOREVER

REALFOREVER Member+

Dec 22, 2003
    In the past the plan was to overplay modric and kroos, and try to fit in Isco when it was possible to get him minutes. This meant little time for Kova.

Now that Isco has sort of forced the issue and Zidane seems to trust him more, this probably means more even rotation among modric, kroos, and Isco, while then trying to find time for Kova.

This will mean more opportunities for Kova. It also likely means Kova will be the primary cm off the bench.

If you are winning or controlling a game, it is unlikely you would sub in whoever is not playing among modric, kroos, and Isco. You would save that player for the next game in which they would start.

That means you use Kova as the primary cm sub, and you probably sub them in for the cm that will likely start the next game so they are rested too.

You can only rotate like this if you sort of trust certain players and consider them to be basically interchangeable in terms of talent.

I assume there will games where llorente and casemiro play together too, but i expect them to rotate most games with either one or the other starting. Late game situations may dictate bringing in whoever is not playing that day to shore up the mid.

The team is in a very good position when it comes to the three midfield positions.

And for the record Casemiro is not a bad player, if llorente edges him out for the primary dm spot it is because llorente is performing extremely well.

The reason why I am extremely excited about llorente is because his well rounded skillet is hard to find in a dm. Fyi, I am a Redondo fan.

Whether that translates at Madrid, we have to wait and see. Worse case scenario, we probably have another decent dm, and then actually have two on the roster. And as others have reiterated. We need two players per spot.

9Qui and Zidane05 repped this.
  2. meringues

meringues Member+

Real Madrid
    United States
    Aug 8, 2008
    Wisconsin
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    #802 meringues, May 10, 2017
    Last edited: May 10, 2017
    The praise will go mostly to Modric and Isco, and deservedly so, because they (and to a lesser extent Kroos) were simply incredible.

But I just want to point out that, outside of the early bump on Carrasco that could've been a penalty, I'm not sure that Casemiro -- under a lot of pressure -- put a single foot wrong the entire night. He was comfortable in possession, had several almost Modric-like turns in tight spaces, and made the right passes.

Props to this dude, who has come in for some [deserved] criticism lately but was absolutely immense tonight.

natenate101 repped this.
  3. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    First 30 minutes for him weren't great. He lost the ball three times that come to mind real quick: Once to Koke I think where he played in Griezmann and it was turned into a corner, once he tried to play it up front and it got intercepted before the halfway line, and once (which I don't mind as much as the first two) in Atletico's half where someone was on his tail and he panicked and just dropped the ball and no one was there from our team. Once Modric started going all Modric, he took a lot of pressure off of Casemiro (and Kroos too tbf) and Casemiro was splendid the rest of the night.

Doni, MerlinRM, sleepyvato50 and 2 others repped this.
  4. meringues

meringues Member+

Real Madrid
    United States
    Aug 8, 2008
    Wisconsin
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    You probably remember better than I do -- I remember him losing the ball once or twice but feeling like it was more good closing out from Atleti than any mistake he made. Just thought he had a fantastic night on the whole and much better than recent outings.

5. Marius abessolo

Apr 25, 2017
    Sorry but he is one of the most limited player from brazil i have ever seen, he has no technique and he is so slow but yes he is good at stopping the opposition play but when under pressure he loses the ball way too easily for my liking.

Certainly a good defensive mid but nothing else can't even compare to mahmadou diarra who was equally as good as him in that department but was way better with his passing range, i am really dreading the final with the way juve pressure teams he could be the weak link in midfield with his slowness and lack of technical ability .

6. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Momo was a dreadful passer even when not under pressure. Had a terrible first touch too. Casemiro is actually decent with long/diagonal balls when he has enough space. Got few assists that way. He becomes vulnerable only with limited space.

9Qui and Stiliyan repped this.
  7. Marius abessolo

Apr 25, 2017
    I very rarely remember him losing the ball the way caseimiro does most if the time never put a foot wrong in any big matches against barca and was very clever with his tackling knowing when to and not to.

Caseimiro has a long way for me to go before being as effective as he was.

N'golo kante would be the ideal defensive mid as he is pretty much like makelele but faster and with more stamina and a much better passer than brazil king.

8. russian hattie

russian hattie Member+

Feb 5, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Considering they both play a defensive midfield role, Kante and Makelele are actually quite different players in how they go about their job. But they look a little similar so that's enough right?

Kante also plays alongside Matic so they share defensive duties. Casemiro's role is to free up Kroos and Modric. His inclusion turned last season around for us. He brought stability. Some criticism of him has been fair, all players have dips in form, but some is unjust. He has been targeted recently, especially in the Barca game were it was embarrassingly obvious they were trying to get him sent off.

Anon. and AriGold repped this.
  9. Lyra

Lyra Member+

Apr 29, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Isco's game HLs

862655639826378755 is not a valid tweet id

MiamiNative0722 repped this.
  10. hala_madrid722

hala_madrid722 Member+

Jan 10, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Casemiro has a fantastic long ball which was on full display last night. Sounds like some hater sh*t going on in this thread Casemiro is a fantastic player.

manofsteel and .halamadrid2. repped this.
  11. kweyork

kweyork Member

Apr 26, 2009
    Club:
    Real Madrid

He frustrates me, but you got to love his attitude.

I would prefer llorente in their, but i hope both of them can coexist in the club and improve each other for years to come.

Hendrix22 repped this.
  12. Crimson

Crimson BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 11, 2009
    I love him, but I can see why others don't. He was brilliant in last years UCL final and for the most part this year I think he has been pretty damn good, performing an incredibly hard role in the team. Covering Marcelo, plus the back four, absolutely thankless at times.

Looking forward to Llorente as well, we have a good future ahead.

raven3k, CR7PT, natenate101 and 2 others repped this.
  13. 9Qui

9Qui Moderator
    Staff Member

May 26, 2004
    By "others" do you mean antimadridistas?

14. Crimson

Oct 11, 2009
    by others I mean Bayern fans xD haha

15. 9Qui

9Qui Moderator
    Staff Member

May 26, 2004
    That's a yes then! :D

Crimson repped this.
  16. Hendrix22

Hendrix22 Member+

Feb 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    He is so essential to the way we play. The way he was breaking up opposition attacks today was incredible. Then again, in order to have that you also need to live with the constant flirting with red cards and dangerous freekick giveaways. Personally, I think its worth it for the protection he offers.

17. meringues

meringues Member+

Real Madrid
    United States
    Aug 8, 2008
    Wisconsin
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    From Castilla underperformer to one of the best players on the pitch in the CL final, helping us lift la duodecima. Unbelievable how far he's come.

18. Crimson

Oct 11, 2009
    To all the doubters and naysayers

Bow down to the best DM in the world

I'm looking at you Bayern fans

Anon., MiamiNative0722, Deep Pal and 2 others repped this.
  19. WhiteBlood

WhiteBlood BigSoccer Supporter

May 31, 2006
    Kuwait
    Crazy taking a shot from there, but ended up being an incredibly vital goal. Overall very smooth and confident performance.

Deep Pal and Zidane05 repped this.
  20. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This guy is living the dream, and he deserves it. Busts his ass out there covering tons of ground and his attitude is perfection. Happy to be here and willing to sacrifice. I've said it before and I'll say it again, he certainly has proven me wrong. Kudos.

xmaje, Deep Pal, Crimson and 3 others repped this.
  21. meringues

meringues Member+

Real Madrid
    United States
    Aug 8, 2008
    Wisconsin
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Bro chose a great time to play one of the best matches of his career and score a game-winning goal -- his passing today was ... not typical haha.

You could see it too, his teammates were much more willing to pass him the ball into tight spots as the game went on.

Anon. and natenate101 repped this.
  22. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I honestly feel he has been strong most of this season, especially defensively where he wins tackles when none of our other mids would. We gave up goals, but we certainly would've given up more if he weren't there. Has turned into a very good tackler and even though he sticks out times because he isn't very clean on the ball, he gets the job done. The proof is in the pudding pops y'all, this guy brings balance.

Deep Pal, AriGold and Zidane05 repped this.
  23. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    My lord, what a goal. Shaky in the first half, but dominant in the second. They didn't even get a sniff of the goal. Great pressure, great anticipation, and smart passing.

24. Ƭяιиιтʏ

Ƭяιиιтʏ Member+

May 11, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    So Casemiro had Marcelo shave his head as well....
    Definition of bravery - trusting a guy who doesn't seem to have had a haircut in 6+ years to do yours

[​IMG]

Aimar 21, Crimson, Deep Pal and 7 others repped this.
  25. Akramzizou

Akramzizou Member+

Feb 13, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Man, this guy is a boss. The way he ran into the ball before his shot, telling Modric he got this, you just knew he was gonna score. Love him.

Crimson, YOUNGSTARS87 and Ahmadi8 repped this.