Why buy a €57 mil Camry when you can get a Porsche for €5 mil - The Welcome Casemiro Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Zidane05, Jun 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. janos audron

janos audron Member+

Apr 12, 2010
    What exactly is unrealistic? He is 22 year old who has played in Spain for his whole life. 2 seasons in Castilla - over 4k minutes in which his games were impressive unlike Casemiro`s. Currently he is crucial player in Alaves while playing 24 matches in La Liga averaging over 2k minutes. Been selected as MotM numerous times. Secondly, his defensive contribution is on pair with Casemiro`s, while in terms while having possession he is substantially better. Also, it seems he has a strong character which is crucial for success.

The only thing that worries me, is what you have implied in last sentence. But then again, he has strong roots in RM due to his family... which should play a part in how he is treated.

2. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    Wasn't Illarramendi a sensation before he joined as well?
    Is one thing to play for Alaves and another totally different to play alongside some of the best players in the world.

3. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    Illarra had to be convinced just to leave San Sebastian and go to another city in the same country. Dude had issues dealing with living away from his family and friends.

Llorente has played for Madrid since he was 13 and he has Real Madrid in his blood line. I'm not too worried about him being overwhelmed by the occasion.

ahnaf, raven3k, janos audron and 4 others repped this.
  4. janos audron

janos audron Member+

Apr 12, 2010
    Could not said it any better.

Character is a key point. It seems Llorente has bucketload of it, which fits perfectly his Family heritage. I don`t see how he could experience Illarra worthy collapse.

5. Doni

Doni Member+

Dec 4, 2010
    London
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    It's s shame Illarra never really got a stretch of games playing as the central def mid in a 4-3-3.

6. MerlinRM

MerlinRM Member+

May 5, 2014
    NorthEast USA
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Watching Casemiro right now for Brazil and can see where Llorente has him beat when it comes to actually having the ball.

7. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I'll reserve all judgement regarding Casemiro vs Llorente until i actually see Llorente play for us. He's a great talent but things can easily go the wrong way like they. We have great talents on the bench that aren't really developing already. Asensio is possibly one of the most talented players recently but he's not seeing much game time.

madridista_hr repped this.
  8. .halamadrid2.

.halamadrid2. Member+

Nov 5, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Asensio is very similar to James in the sense that he plays best as an AM, a position not needed in our team. Llorente plays in a position that will always be used so he'll never be short of playing time because we only have one other CDM besides him. They aren't comparable imo

Shay Z repped this.
  9. Real__Madrid

Real__Madrid Member+

Aug 29, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Llorente should stay another year on loan. We have Kova covering for Casemiro and he's doing an amazing job. Llorente can come back the season after as Kova moves more forward to cover Modric

10. janos audron

janos audron Member+

Apr 12, 2010
    Kova is completely forgoten by Zidane, and is doing amazing job on bench or Bernabeu stands. Also, when and how many times this season has he covered for Casemiro?

Bringing Llorente back - an actual CDM and a quality one at that should be no brainer.

11. Real__Madrid

Real__Madrid Member+

Aug 29, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Kova covered for Casemiro during our best run this season.

12. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    When was this? Last I remember, we moved Kroos back and Kovacic was covering for the injured Modric.

RMSocrates, Ahmadi8 and janos audron repped this.
  13. janos audron

janos audron Member+

Apr 12, 2010
    No, he did not.

14. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    He did play the most minutes when Casemiro was out injured. Since Casemiro'r return Kovs hardly plays.

15. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Dude is a beast and I read Mou is targeting him when we go after DDG. Better give him a contract extension soon.

robnycus repped this.
  16. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    He played his most minutes the two times Modric has been out this season. It's clear where Zidane sees him fitting, and I completely agree with him on that. He shouldn't play in the hole.

RMSocrates repped this.
  17. MerlinRM

MerlinRM Member+

May 5, 2014
    NorthEast USA
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Anon. repped this.
  18. RaMaaa

RaMaaa Member+

Feb 3, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Maybe i'm too harsh, we won against Bayern, but his passing abilities seems quite awful. So many displaced passes in such a dangerous zones. He must do better.

Deep Pal repped this.
  19. snooop

snooop Member

Apr 26, 2015
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    There was some nervous moments for him today, I'm guessing he was probably trying to get over that nightmare with FC Porto in this same ground. That's through ball from him to Carvajal lead to the equalizer. Overall, I think he played well.

S1na repped this.
  20. janos audron

janos audron Member+

Apr 12, 2010
    Llorente should fix that.

RaMaaa repped this.
  21. MerlinRM

MerlinRM Member+

May 5, 2014
    NorthEast USA
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    #646 MerlinRM, Apr 12, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2017
    I saw the same issue during Brazil vs Uruguay. I mentioned in the loan thread that Llorente can help us with that. Overall he had a decent 2nd half though.

RaMaaa repped this.
  22. RaMaaa

RaMaaa Member+

Feb 3, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    He played well, yes, did his job good but still those errors should be eliminated. Would be interesting t o see if Llorente can be better. to have these two guys would be brilliant.

23. Romanero

Romanero Member+

Oct 28, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    this, why having one if you can have both? :D

24. RaMaaa

RaMaaa Member+

Feb 3, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    good point :D

25. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    He's way better when we are controlling the game and we need him to snuff out attacks.

He's out of his depth when we're hemmed in our own half and the opposition is pressuring us and we need our midfielders to make quick decisions with the ball.

RMSocrates, raven3k and WhiteBlood repped this.