Who's the WORST player you have ever seen?

Discussion in 'The Beautiful Game' started by ForzaGrifo, May 24, 2003.

1. ForzaGrifo

ForzaGrifo Member

Sep 22, 2000
    I don't care if he's in a rec team or playing at the pro level. What's some of the most comically skilled players you have ever seen?

Here's mine: there's this guy who plays in my adult rec team. He plays as a forward but I've never seen him once pass the ball backward or run back to retrieve a pass. All he does is dribble forward when he gets a pass, and 99% of the time (no I'm not kidding) he loses the ball to the defender or slice the ball horribly wide when trying to shoot.

And our team calls him "Ronaldo" just because he's bald. Go figure...

2. Azabache

Azabache Member

Nov 22, 1998
    Essex Co.
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Mike Burns. Do I need to say more?

3. CrewToon

CrewToon Member

Jun 13, 1999
    Greenbrier Farm
    That's easy: ABMOD.

4. rymannryan

rymannryan New Member

Aug 27, 2002
    N.N., Virginia
    I think for the benefit of everyone, the thread should be solely focued on professional players.

I'd have to say Chris Albright. His job was to be a goal-scoring forward. In 70 games, 48 starts, he managed to score 9 goals and registered 4 assists. At least ABMOD contributed to the team and his hustle helped, but Albright was nothing but a pile of crap and he continues to be. He may be a nice person so this is not meant to be personal toward him, but he was atrocious. I played soccer with a local college player one day and we were talking about players throughout MLS. He said, "have you seen that guy Albright? He's the worst ************ing player I've ever seen in my life." That pretty much sums it up.

5. afgrijselijkheid

Dec 29, 2002
    mokum
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    not a second thought... francesco coco

if you need a wide back to dribble up the wing, lose the ball and lollygag his way back when hes out of position... here comes your man - oh and he fouls like i breath

6. afgrijselijkheid

Dec 29, 2002
    mokum
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    forgive my ignorance,but who are you referring to?

7. fantaz

fantaz New Member

May 19, 2003
    jersey
  8. boofdog18

boofdog18 New Member

i think its a tie between agoos and the blind guy who lives down the street from me

9. thurd

thurd New Member

Jul 31, 2001
    Melrose, MA
    hes referring to richie williams

10. billyireland

billyireland Member+

May 4, 2003
    Sydney, Australia
    He may not be the worst, but Kevin Kilbane is pretty high up there... and does anybody remember Poborsky at Man Utd? He was crap, too. An Luzhny (despite playing well in the FA Cup Final) is a nightmare

11. skipshady

skipshady New Member

Apr 26, 2001
    Orchard St, NYC
    aka Ankle Biting Munchkin Of Death, hence ABMOD

12. rymannryan

rymannryan New Member

Aug 27, 2002
    N.N., Virginia

Luzhny is not nearly as bad as Igor Stepanovs.

13. boofdog18

boofdog18 New Member

repka for west ham is atrocious. in the style of danny mills, he tries to make up for serious defensive shortcomings with horrendous fouls and a tendency to leave people thinking "what the hell is that guy doing?"

14. fatmaradona

fatmaradona New Member

Dec 15, 2002
    the Anschutz ranch
    I second that, he can't even mark a post

15. usscouse

usscouse BigSoccer Supporter

May 3, 2002
    Orygun coast
    You sure this guy never played for Everton...?

16. Green Tabasco

Green Tabasco New Member

May 3, 2003
    In know I'm trolling. But I have to put in my 2 cents. Worst player ever?

Ryan Leaf, San Diego Chargers

17. AShotByBalboa

AShotByBalboa Member

May 3, 2003
    Ross Paule tied with Darren Sawatsky

18. skipshady

skipshady New Member

Apr 26, 2001
    Orchard St, NYC
    The thing is, without Agoos, there's a good chance USA wouldn't have qualified for WC 2002 (and possibly 1998). Though needless to say, his form suffered a dramatic dip at the main event.

As for the worst player at a high level, I wish I could remember his name, but the son of Real Madrid's chairman played a few matches in central defense. Astrocious. And maybe a few guys who have played for Everton in the past 5 years.

19. AShotByBalboa

AShotByBalboa Member

May 3, 2003
    I think the Real Madrid player was Campo. The guy with the shrub on his head. I almost put him down as well.

20. copaantl98

copaantl98 Member

Apr 9, 2002
    Either Byron Alvarez or Martin Klinger.

21. skipshady

skipshady New Member

Apr 26, 2001
    Orchard St, NYC
    No, not Campo. He was an improvement over this guy, Perez, I believe. The only reason Perez played was because his father was the club president. Campo has some degree of skill.

22. boofdog18

boofdog18 New Member

do you really think that? if so id be interested to know what makes you think so. personally i thought the guy was a joke, and i couldnt believe he was able to play at the top level. i felt you could always count on him to make a terrible mistake.

23. skipshady

skipshady New Member

Apr 26, 2001
    Orchard St, NYC
    I don't think it, I know it. Despite all the injuries and the general lack of depth in the back, USA had one of the stingiest defenses in the Hexagonal. Agoos, with all his physical limitations, was responsible for holding that backline together and he did exactly that.

He has made his share of howlers playing for the US, but name one mistake that hurt USA's progress in anyway, in WC qualifying or at the Finals.

24. boofdog18

boofdog18 New Member

if he was so instrumental, why was he immediately and without hesitation droped for regis right before 98 world cup. just because he was lucky enough that his mistakes werent crucial game blowing mistakes doesn't make them inexcusable. i think he was an all around terrible player. bad distribution from the back, bad marking, and prone to really bad mistakes. if you KNOW this guy was the best for that position then that says a lot about the strength of us defenders. i thought it was the funniest when he stepped up to take the free kicks a la roberto carlos. what a joker. he even knew he was being embarassed so he faked an injury in the 2002 world cup to come out.

25. Quake87

Quake87 New Member

May 19, 2001
    San Jose
    and we all remembered how usa did in the 98 cup...