Who's ready for fall!?

Discussion in 'Coach' started by stphnsn, Jul 29, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Timbuck

Timbuck Member

Jul 31, 2012
    My gu11 team (see post 181 above) finished our season in first place. We needed a win last Saturday. We were in 2nd place with 15 points. Playing the first place team with 18 points. Tie breaker is head to head.
    The other team has beaten us the last 4 times we played them. This summer in a tournament, they beat us 6-2. And in a preseason friendly, they beat us 2-0.
    3 weeks ago we were undefeated. Going into this game we lost our last 2 games, so I was worried we were regressing.
    We came out on fire. Every player on my team had the game of their lives. My right side defender got lit up in the 6-2 loss. She totally shut down their attack on her side. And she made some great attacking runs.
    Final score was 3-0 with my team coming out on top. The other team had very few scoring chances. We had at least 2 other chances that we finish 9 out of 10 tries.
    Super proud of the team.
    18 goals scored. 4 allowed over 8 games.

elessar78 and rca2 repped this.
  2. elessar78

elessar78 Moderator
    Staff Member

May 12, 2010
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Watching another message board I am on implode over it shutting down and transitioning to a new one makes me appreciate you coaches here: Low maintenance, low drama.

I did not like their characterization of BigSoccer however–it was clear they have our little world here confused with the rest of the BigSoccer and 2) that, at least that poster, never actually comes here but feels expert enough on what we discuss to spread lies about it.

3. rca2

rca2 Member+

Nov 25, 2005
    Perhaps we are better off with that poster discouraging verbally aggressive people from posting here :)

4. Timbuck

Timbuck Member

Jul 31, 2012
    What other message board? I love to read what crazy people have to say.

5. stphnsn

stphnsn Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    i got my uniforms and equipment turned in yesterday. last night made up evaluations of our 8th graders for our HS coaches to know what they have to work with. i think i'm done with coaching duties until spring. next up: karate lessons starting monday! hahaha.

rca2 repped this.
  6. jmnva

jmnva Member

Feb 10, 2007
    Arlington, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Season wrapped up last week.

5th grade girls came out in the middle of the table in their division which felt about right.

As I suspected going in, the 6th grade girls had a tough season and went winless. We were promoted into the top division for the fall based on our record in the spring. The top division is a tough place with most teams carrying the maximum number of select players (and we had only 1). Also a player that I expected to play a key role got injured after the 2nd week.

I had attendance issues with the HS girls and while they played OK, we had too many games where we played short.

All 3 teams had a great time and I will keep coaching them in the spring

rca2 repped this.