Whos Going To Chicago??

Discussion in 'USA Men: Fans & Travel' started by IncredibleStan1, Apr 2, 2009.

1. FW__

FW__ Member+

Jun 23, 2006
    Chattanooga, TN
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I have one request. For everyone sitting in the 300 level, please do your part to keep Honduran beer and urine off of everyone in the 100 level

2. thethinwhiteduke

Feb 13, 2008
    how do you suggest that?

3. FCDallasAddie

FCDallasAddie Member

Sep 3, 2007
    Dallas, Tx
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    By force of course!!

4. FW__

FW__ Member+

Jun 23, 2006
    Chattanooga, TN
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Exactly

5. thethinwhiteduke

Feb 13, 2008
    yes, thats brilliant. all US supporters, if you see someone with a beer or urine, please tackle them!

6. TheScarfMachine

May 1, 2007
    Baltimore, MD
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

It might be best to just assume everyone in a Honduran jersey is a potential pee-thrower, and to just throw sucker punches wildly.

7. #1 Feilhaber and Adu

Aug 1, 2007

why would you tackle somebody when they are taking a piss in the john? lol

8. thethinwhiteduke

Feb 13, 2008
    Why stop there? Anyone who isnt clearly a patriotic American with flag draped around their shoulders, an Uncle Sam tattoo, an AO bandana on their face and a bald eagle feather in their hair should be subdued for the protection of everyone in the 100 level.
    Maybe we should get the TSA to help out here?

And yes, I am being sarcastic.

Thread back on topic about who is going to Chicago perhaps?

9. FW__

FW__ Member+

Jun 23, 2006
    Chattanooga, TN
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well me of course, since I want all Hondurans within a 10 mile radius of Soldier Field to be tackled will taking a piss.

10. metroflip73

metroflip73 Member

Mar 3, 2000
    NYC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hilarious!

Originally, I wasn't planning on going, but now I am. Late Friday through Sun AM, 1st flight back to NYC.

11. ej014

ej014 Member

Jul 17, 2001
    Vacaville, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sweet. My brother in law just told me he wants to go to the game. So I'm in +1. This totally makes up for the glutton of grandchildren I'm expected to produce.

12. Haig

Haig Member+

May 14, 2000
    METROSTARS
    Club:
    --other--
    Excellent.

Add:

Haig + Mrs Haig

We're getting in Friday night and seeing some friends that night and Saturday, but we'll be there for the tailgate or whatever pre-game plans are going on. 320 section, sadly, but it'll be fun.

13. alligatorsam

alligatorsam New Member

Aug 9, 2005
    Lake Charles, La.
    The "Louisiana Connection" is headed to Chicago. The last trip for us was USA vs Argentina at Giants Stadium.

8 of us will be traveling. Bringing 20 lbs of deer sausage and 20 lbs of cajun boudin (again). Need to find out about the tailgates...

Also, is there a pub or sports bar that is being featured for Friday night. We're looking at making the most of our visit to Chi town.

May have 2 extra tickets in SA/AO fans section...

Cheers.
    Sam
    :D

14. davenport+10

davenport+10 Member

Feb 9, 2007
    Wisconsin
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm in plus eight of my friends.

15. wixson7

wixson7 Member+

May 12, 2009
    boulder
    pretty much 3 bars that are dedicated to soccer that would be perfect for the Fri night festivities.

1) Small Bar - 2049 w division - www.thesmallbar.com/division/ - located in Wicker Park area. Perfect part of town for bars/restaurants. It is a really small bar, shocker... but has good atmosphere and great outdoor seating. Downside: small. Upside: very cool part of town, all locals.

2) Fado's -100 w grand - its in river north area, very close to the loop or downtown. Typical Fado's or other faux irish bar, but it dedicated to soccer. Lots of bars/restaurants nearby. Upside: good downtown location near hotels, big upstairs for overflow. Downside: touristy/cheesy part of town (in my opinion).

3) The Globe Pub - 1934 w irving park - http://theglobepub.com/. Always voted best soccer bar in chicago/usa. Northside of town, dedicate to soccer all the time. Upside: all soccer all the time, close to bars/restaurants. Downside: a bit north for me, not a big 'vibe' on the street like the other bars listed above.

16. dcpohl

dcpohl Member+

Feb 9, 2007
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    me +4. First cap for two of them.

17. Pauncho

Pauncho Member+

Mar 2, 1999
    Bexley, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I got hit in the back with a large beer cup full of yellow liquid (I hope it was beer, but . . .) thrown by an upper deck Honduran fan during halftime back in '01 in RFK, and I'd rather not repeat the experience this time.

I'm hoping for a different outcome, too.

18. Prime Time

Prime Time Member

May 1, 2004
    South Florida
    I was at that game and it was good to meet some of y'all. The deer sausage and boudin were tasty. Looking forward to eating that again and hanging out with you guys!

19. HighburyForever

HighburyForever Red Card

Oct 15, 2006
    Wooloomooloo, New South Wales
    Club:
    Zenit St Petersburg
    Nat'l Team:
    Russia
    You should make a giant banner with that. That would look pretty awesome.

20. nbodmer

nbodmer New Member

Mar 29, 2005

In regards to the tailgate, most of the supporters will be tailgating at the top of the Walron Parking Deck next to Soldier Field. You may want to call Soldier Field to look into parking passes or just arrive early.

It looks like Small Bar will be the Friday night meet-up bar and then Grace O'Malleys on Saturday starting at noon, prior to the tailgate.

See you guys in Chicago,
    Nick

21. JeremyEritrea

JeremyEritrea Member+

Jun 29, 2006
    Takoma Park, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I can't wait for this game. Gonna be so much fun.

22. Brain_Skies

Brain_Skies New Member

Jun 24, 2008
    savannah
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  23. Solskjaer

Solskjaer New Member

Aug 13, 2002
    Eau Claire, WI
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Anyone here from Milwaukee (and environs) and planning on going down the day of the game? The Jackpine Savages are moving there a few days before the game and would be interested in making a grand Brew City entrance to downtown Chicago. We're probably doing Amtrak, and would be returning the next day (spending Sat. nite with friends).

24. Offsides04

Offsides04 Member

Oct 24, 2004
    Denver
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    2 of us driving from Denver. Can't wait!

25. theerobmoyer2

theerobmoyer2 Member

May 19, 2008
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Me and my friend will be coming in from philly, it will be our 2nd cap. The 1st was the argentina game last summer in the meadowlands, best scoreless draw i've ever seen. I am so excited.