Who's better - Paul Scholes or Deco?

Discussion in 'BigSoccer Polls' started by dark knight, Mar 10, 2007.

1. dilmo22

dilmo22 New Member

Jul 25, 2007
    What are you talking about? :confused:

Are you enacting 2 girls 1 cup?

2. Windmill

Windmill New Member

Apr 7, 2008
    England
    What has Ronaldo got to do with Deco being a cheater? Are you simple?

Scholes is still more of a professional.

Diving is conning the ref, so hence cheating.

Idiot.

3. zhalexei

zhalexei New Member

Jun 22, 2008
    right now Deco is better. he's doing big work during the game.
    Scholes not so good physically today. age, unfortunatelly, doesn't make Paul better :(

4. Tony Dellbird

Tony Dellbird English and Proud

Mar 26, 2004
    Jolly Ol' England
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Of course Deco is playing better now, Scholes is on a beach somewhere, he's hardly putting all his effort in.

5. billyireland

billyireland Member+

May 4, 2003
    Sydney, Australia
    Try to stop making a fool out of yourself. If you speak in one non-english language and insult another... it could be seen as racist and/or insulting. Would you like for that yellow card to turn red?

6. jonnyb0000

jonnyb0000 New Member

Feb 21, 2008
    Over the course of their careers I think deco edges it for me, although some of the goals Scholes has scored dont escape my memory easily

7. Frosty

Frosty Member

May 29, 2008
    Thats a good point which highlights the un-mentioned fact that Scholes in his prime hardly ever got shut out of a game, he's too clever and versatile.

8. sportscribe

sportscribe Member

Jul 2, 2007
    Well we're going to see this season, aren't we Mr. Everton fan?

9. Teso Dos Bichos

Teso Dos Bichos Red Card

Sep 2, 2004
    Purged by RvN
    It will be interesting to see how he is utilised and how he copes with the style of football. When he has come up against British sides previously he has spent most of his time throwing himself to the ground. He will not get away with that with our referees. He's also been playing poorly at club level for a few seasons now. It's a risk but the price negates that somewhat.

10. Little Sigur

Little Sigur New Member

Jul 29, 2008
    I think Scholes is better team mate, and he has been more years on the top

11. tutto_azzurri

tutto_azzurri New Member

Mar 10, 2006
    toronto
    any player is better then a british one...

12. DigitalFutbol

DigitalFutbol Member

Sep 27, 2005
    USA
    I think Scholes has reached a natural end. I think it's time for him to move on and let younger guys take it. Deco is not "great" but he beats Scholes right now.

13. Teso Dos Bichos

Teso Dos Bichos Red Card

Sep 2, 2004
    Purged by RvN
    Negative. Scholes has evolved his game and is still one of the best midfielders in the world.

14. thebigman

thebigman Member+

May 25, 2006
    Birmingham
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    remember that time when man utd dicked on roma, i remember a couple of english guys scoring then

:cool:

15. DigitalFutbol

DigitalFutbol Member

Sep 27, 2005
    USA
    Ok fine, he has adapted pretty well like Giggs has too I suppose. Too bad he can't tackle to save his life :)

16. Teso Dos Bichos

Teso Dos Bichos Red Card

Sep 2, 2004
    Purged by RvN
    He was originally a striker after all. He might have some rash tackles but you cannot play as a central midfielder in a traditional 4-4-2 without having some tackling ability. Speaking of which Deco's introduction to the league was putting his studs into the leg of an opponent with a late and high tackle. It's a scandal that he got away with it.

17. thebigman

thebigman Member+

May 25, 2006
    Birmingham
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    paul scholes was a am wasnt he like pirlo? funn how they both become recognised as world class in diff positions, guess it happens more often than youd think!

18. Teso Dos Bichos

Teso Dos Bichos Red Card

Sep 2, 2004
    Purged by RvN
    He was a striker and played as such for several seasons before he was moved back.

19. Teso Dos Bichos

Teso Dos Bichos Red Card

Sep 2, 2004
    Purged by RvN
    EDIT: I think it was three seasons.

20. SectionX

SectionX Member

May 27, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Sweden
    tacos dos bitches, all british players are rubbish.

21. ubersilversurfer

ubersilversurfer New Member

Sep 13, 2008
    Singapore
    Although I am a Manchester United fan, I would have to say currently Deco is better, however based on importance to club over their careers, I would have to vote for Scholes. You just need to look at the titles his has help Manchester win over the years as well as all the important goals he has scored and how Manchester play when he is out injured for a long period of time to know that Scholes has been the better player so far but Deco is the younger of the two so it may change in future.

Another point to back up Scholes is that the when Steve McClaren was the England manager, he tried to get Scholes out of retirement a few times eventhough he had Gerrard, Lampard and Hargreaves in the middle and J.Cole on left since Scholes plays on the left at times for England.

22. FoxSkipper

FoxSkipper New Member

Mar 26, 2009
    Thailand
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Scholes is a legend. Deco just almost there.

23. billyireland

billyireland Member+

May 4, 2003
    Sydney, Australia
    Some of those people on this thread were right. The Premiership is a simpletons league and Deco has exposed that this season by completely dominating the league.

24. thebigman

thebigman Member+

May 25, 2006
    Birmingham
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    lol hahaha yep

decos been anonymous for the most part