Whos better Lampard or Gerrard?

Discussion in 'Premier League' started by pfc4life, Dec 22, 2006.

1. mshankb

mshankb Member

Nov 15, 2004
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PRtOa_8R0KU"]YouTube- Frank Lampard 2008/2009[/ame]

Oh look. Turns out anyone can post a youtube video.

2. 5_EUROPEAN_CUPS

Mar 19, 2005
    Liverpool
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Am I the tool saying no one fears Lampard or Gerrard though? No.

And consider it an insult to you that I have to point out the obvious through video form as you clearly are a moron if you think either of these players have not been a threat to teams they have faced in the last 2 years or in most years of their career.

As I pointed out before Frosty and I are trying to present facts your argument seems to be "La la la la Frank is better la la la Gerrard is shit."

3. Lamps>Gerrard

Lamps>Gerrard Member

Feb 15, 2009
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Facts? Facts? Here are some ********ing facts, Frank Lampard has totaled over 70 assists and over a hundred goals in 5 years. There are some ********ing facts.

Saying Gerrard has some sort of "fear" advantage over Lamps is the dumbest shit I've ever heard. That is not a fact you idiot. That's something called an opinion (a moronic one at that).

You do understand that you haven't listed a single "fact" in your arguments. You epitomize the words shallow and stupid.

4. 5_EUROPEAN_CUPS

Mar 19, 2005
    Liverpool
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    So yeah apart from the fact I didn't say any of that, nice reply.

What I said was saying EITHER of them are not feared by opposition was moronic. Perhaps read and comprehend posts before replying to them and trying to put someone down for something they clearly didn't say.

5. Frosty

Frosty Member

May 29, 2008
    Seems Jose Mourinho believes Gerrard is better than Frank too, now thats an interesting FACT. No wonder he busted his balls trying to sign him.
    Also, as we knew, he believes Essien is a better midfielder than Frank too.

But these Lamps Lover stat whores will tell him he's a moron and clueless blahblah wheres your stats JOSE!! WHERES YOUR ******* STATS YOU CLOWN? :D

6. GranCanMan

GranCanMan Member

Jan 12, 2007
    Manchester
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Opinion is subjective. The only way you can try and "prove" that you're right is by using facts and statistical figures, whish is always a dangerous game when discussing football, so opinion in a forum arena, opinion rules.

Personally if you were to offer e one or the other, I'd be torn, but I might go for Lamps beased on his consistancy, and the fact that he has redefined the role of the goal scoring midfielder.

7. pandapants

pandapants Member

Dec 23, 2009
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    If you are choosing between the two to play for England I am sorry to say that Lampard is an easy pick. Mainly because he is far more likely to score that Gerard. This is almost essential as England appear to rely on Rooney now as the main goal threat and it is unclear who or even if they will play another striker up alongside him. There has to be goal potential in midfield and although Gerard does score he is not as consistent as Lampard

8. special_one

special_one New Member

May 11, 2010
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    I would also say Lampard at the moment. Not only is he in fine goal scoring form, but he has proved to be quite the team player. Which can help boost England chances this world cup, should Rooney lose some of his devestating from infront of goal.

No mistaking Gerrard ability, but current stats would favour Lamps.

9. Frosty

Frosty Member

May 29, 2008
    I would for the most part agree with you.

10. andrew neave

andrew neave New Member

Dec 20, 2003
    Las Vegas USA
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Seriously,,, I have to say that this is Lampards moment in this form , he should star in the world cup

Lampard is far better than Gerrard in the Year 2010, I only hope that his Chelsea form follows on into the England team,,,,
    Gerrard might be on the bench ,,, but with the Barry injury who knows

I would like England to include a fit Lennon in the side his ability should transfer to the International format

11. 5_EUROPEAN_CUPS

Mar 19, 2005
    Liverpool
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Easy to say when you are playing for the Champions. Do you really think if Lampard was playing for Liverpool he would still be there? Cos I don't.

As has been said it comes down to the fact that Gerrard has more NATURAL ability whereas Lampard has had the right people to make the most of his ability and also worked hard to perform to the best of his ability.

Better is very vague but I would concede if your idea of better is that who has had the more impressive season and consistent career it is definitely Lampard however if better comes down to ability it is Steven Gerrard.

12. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    1st bold statement - Complete assumption that nobody can make. I can also say that Scholes would have sucked for Wolves. It's pointless.

2nd bold statement - Ability to do what?

13. unemployed

unemployed New Member

May 1, 2010
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Denmark
    How the hell are you gonna quantify natural ability?

If a player can't produce at all levels of competition he gets slammed for it - that's what happened with Ibrahimovic, that's what happened with Berbatov and that is what is currently happening with Gerrard.

14. JRNZ

JRNZ Member

Aug 14, 2009
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Was good to see Lampards fine scoring form vs Japan :D

15. mshankb

mshankb Member

Nov 15, 2004
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Gerrard's, too.

16. Frosty

Frosty Member

May 29, 2008
    And what level are you trying to imply that Gerrard doesn't perform?
    If your trying internationally then your very wrong, he is one of England's top creaters and scorers.
    The last match that meant anything was a 5-1 against Croatia in a WC qualifying match where Gerrard scored 2 goals, is this someone who can't produce for England?

17. GranCanMan

GranCanMan Member

Jan 12, 2007
    Manchester
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Gerrard hasn't produced for England anywhere near as much as he has for Liverpool, even as a percentage. He's one of our great lost talents on the international stage, to a certain degree.

18. thebigman

thebigman Member+

May 25, 2006
    Birmingham
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    so is lampard, neither really got much of a chance to play in their best role

19. Frosty

Frosty Member

May 29, 2008
    Because both he and Lampard have played/play with technically superior support players at a league level. Why else do you think Gerrard has had just an average season for Liverpool?

When Joe Cole plays, England with Gerrard and Lampard have more rhythm, add Hargreaves to this and thats when you see the best of our creative talent Gerrard and Lampard, who we want to see around the box. Gareth Barry for all his talent lacks the speed of foot to be a technically sound player on the level of Alonso, Hargreaves, Ballack etc. Plus just about every other England midfielder wide or central lacks the correct technique.

Gerrard and Lampard can play as an absolutely top draw CM pairing, its just what gets lost further up the field because these 2 players are concentrating more on the defensive aspect of midfield rather than a free role to one while a defined holding midfielder defends and distributes.

Without these two operating at the edge of the box the passes that carve defences open become longer and more telegraphed, because these are the players that make the difference.

So blame them as much as you like, but really you need to look at the bigger picture.

20. mshankb

mshankb Member

Nov 15, 2004
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Good post and spot on. Wish Hargreaves was fit and in form.

21. tumultkb

tumultkb New Member

May 24, 2010
    Scouser
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    That must of hurt lol

22. JRNZ

JRNZ Member

Aug 14, 2009
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Frosty is right on the money there, great post :)