Whole Foods

Discussion in 'Bill Archer's Guestbook' started by Microwave, Sep 17, 2008.

1. Microwave

Microwave New Member

Sep 22, 1999
    Whole Foods is owned by a Libertarian says he is "opposed to Obama". He also donated to Bush's last election.

I hope Bojendyk and Gringotex will now boycott them.

Personally I think Whole Foods is awesome even if a bunch of uneducated hippies shop there. The 365 brand is affordable and delicious.

2. west ham sandwich

Feb 26, 2007
    C-bus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Huh, I kind of assumed the opposite. Guess that's why they have expressions like "Don't judge a book by it's cover", etc. etc. etc.

However, here in Columbus Ohio, a good portion of us lost power for half a week starting on Sunday afternoon. Whole foods did offer people to charge their cell phones and free wifi (and someone said they gave out free ice), so kudo's to them for that.

3. Microwave

Microwave New Member

Sep 22, 1999
  4. bojendyk

bojendyk New Member

Jan 4, 2002
    South Loop, Chicago
    Mackey is kind of a kook in other regards. Look up the message board scandal that occurred while Whole Foods was attempting to buy Wild Oats.

We still shop there. Frankly, I don't much care what the guy's beliefs are like. He runs a really good store.

5. Microwave

Microwave New Member

Sep 22, 1999
    And MLS is run by a group of mostly Republicans. So Bojendyk I think you and I need to boycott MLS and AC Milan and Whole Foods and South Park and Bill Archer as they are all right wing fascist organizations. Solidarity man. Are you with me?

6. Microwave

Microwave New Member

Sep 22, 1999
    Bo I read that John mackey used a fake screen name on a message board bashing wild oats to try and lower their stock. I am appalled that anyone would use a fake screen name on the internet and Hans Wvolner Fluerbach called me and expressed support for this sentiment.

By the way, if the screen name "Rahodeb" starts showing up around here, I have nothing to do with it.

7. bojendyk

bojendyk New Member

Jan 4, 2002
    South Loop, Chicago
    Speaking of companies run by right-wing kooks, two nights ago, I saw that somebody in our condo building ordered delivery pizza from Domino's.

Domino's. In Chicago.

No matter where you live, Domino's is the shittiest pizza option available. It's absolutely puzzling that anyone in Chicago would ever even consider Domino's.

8. Microwave

Microwave New Member

Sep 22, 1999

Yes I am aware of how great Chicago Pizza is. And I used to think dominos was disgusting. It was the only pizza I have ever had that was so bad that I didn't want it. But....by chance I had it again about 5 months ago and to my suprise it was very good. I got it again a few times since. Maybe you should try it again. And also don't forget that chicago pizza and dominos are two different things. I sometimes don't feel like eating a big thick chicago style pizza. Obviously it's better pizza, but you're not always in the moood for that. You also have to factor in the price. A chicago style pizza can run you $30 for a single pie. Dominos medim pizza's are $5 here in Michigan. So in conclusion, it was most likely that these right wing kooks were pizza-illeterate but it's possible that there were other factors invovled. I have friends in the lake Zurich/Barrington area and we've gotten pizza together several times. It's awesome. Detroit pizza places totally rip off Chicago pizza....and often it's not bad. There is a place called Pizza popilas here that is awesome.

9. Smiley321

Smiley321 Member

Apr 21, 2002
    Concord, Ca
    Here's a tip for you Whole Foods shoppers: They carry Bubbies-brand pickles and sauerkraut. It's a San Francisco-based company that makes the best pickles and sauerkraut I've ever bought in a supermarket.